Jul 02 2013
By: sweetcastlemagic Wastelander 595 posts

NG + should increase the difficulty.

6 replies 186 views Edited Jul 2, 2013

I think increasing the difficulty with every NG +, ++,+++ etc playthrough, would really add a lot of replay value.  I really like how games like Dark Souls/Demon's does this because you have to come up with new strategies with each playthrough.  What worked in NG, won't necessarily work with NG+. I think it would be great if the difficulty increased with every + at the end of NG.

Message 1 of 7 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Re: NG + should increase the difficulty.

Jul 2, 2013

I think this game is too easy overall. I'm playing Survivor right now and haven't had a hard time with any section. I always have more than enough ammo, and human enemies are incredibly easy. Just pick up a brick/bottle, throw it at the enemy, run up and 1 melee hit them. Rinse and repeat.

Message 2 of 7 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4328 posts

Jul 2, 2013

Despite the trophies I really don't think this is the sort of game that's meant to be played to death. It's never going to be as difficult as your first, hopefully untainted, playthrough.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 7 (164 Views)
Wastelander
595 posts

Jul 2, 2013

Violetzoya wrote:

I think this game is too easy overall. I'm playing Survivor right now and haven't had a hard time with any section. I always have more than enough ammo, and human enemies are incredibly easy. Just pick up a brick/bottle, throw it at the enemy, run up and 1 melee hit them. Rinse and repeat.

How far are you in survivor mode?  The beginning of survivor mode wasn't too bad, but  it gets harder as you go along.

Message 4 of 7 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Jul 2, 2013

I just got past all the hotel stuff in Pittsburgh. I'm guessing the sniper house might be a little tougher. I just wish I had to use tactics in this game, so far I just kill one person with melee, run away, and do the same thing over (especially since there are about 15 bricks/bottle per encounter). The enemies should chase you, i'm not talking Assassin's Creed level hounding, but at least a little bit.

Message 5 of 7 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Jul 2, 2013

I played survivor and it took me as much time as my first playthrough on normal. And i probably died the same amount of times. I believe It's easy because we already played it once, and ND did such an amazing job getting you immersed in this story and gameplay, that we know exactly the way to go with it , and what's important to do on survivor. Maybe if survivor was enabled on the first playthough that would be really hard. But then again it wouldn't be a full experience since with survivor you hold back a lot with many things.

They should add another mode, that'd be awesome!!

My website: http://rlclick.weebly.com/
The Last of Us photo tumblr_mo3m8cncvK1qhjcgto1_250.gifEllie-Ranch photo tumblr_mp0o9g0nIR1qkm8keo5_250.gif
Message 6 of 7 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jul 2, 2013

The vanilla game is challenging enough already. New game plus is supposed to make it more fun where you can sit back, relax and have fun, making it harder is just not the right solution in my opinion.

Message 7 of 7 (126 Views)
0 Likes