Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Re: NO INFECTED IN MULTIPlAYER(confirmed by ericND) :'(

Jun 5, 2013

this is definetly the main reason why they didn't want to reveal multiplayer too soon.

They knew people would get dissapointed that there are no infected.

Message 21 of 60 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Jun 5, 2013

murphdawg1 wrote:

ozzys__BR wrote:

munnsy1 wrote:

ozzys__BR wrote:

Not only that, the absence of a co op mode. This is unforgivable.

Troll?

No, I once said that i dont like traditional competitive MP. Its SP or co op for me. This game could have a fantastic co op mode. Maybe it still will have one, as DLC, but that's also unforgivable.

Co-op only works when you have multiple NPCs in the single player campaign. How exactly would Co-op work here when Joel and Ellie are the two main characters? It's not like you're playing as a squad of Navy Seals and you've got 3 AI teammates in the offline mode.

What?! Theres Joel, Ellie, Tess, Bill, plus other characters in the game that havent been revealed.

I am dissapointed there is no Co Op, they talk about carrying over aspects from the single player to the mp.  In the single player its all about survival and teamwork, sounds like the main aspects of Co Op to me, but ah well hopefully a Co Op of some sorts is included in 1 of those 2 mp dlc packs. 

Message 22 of 60 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3069 posts

Jun 5, 2013

gundefined wrote:

murphdawg1 wrote:

ozzys__BR wrote:

munnsy1 wrote:

ozzys__BR wrote:

Not only that, the absence of a co op mode. This is unforgivable.

Troll?

No, I once said that i dont like traditional competitive MP. Its SP or co op for me. This game could have a fantastic co op mode. Maybe it still will have one, as DLC, but that's also unforgivable.

Co-op only works when you have multiple NPCs in the single player campaign. How exactly would Co-op work here when Joel and Ellie are the two main characters? It's not like you're playing as a squad of Navy Seals and you've got 3 AI teammates in the offline mode.

What?! Theres Joel, Ellie, Tess, Bill, plus other characters in the game that havent been revealed.

I am dissapointed there is no Co Op, they talk about carrying over aspects from the single player to the mp.  In the single player its all about survival and teamwork, sounds like the main aspects of Co Op to me, but ah well hopefully a Co Op of some sorts is included in 1 of those 2 mp dlc packs. 

Sounds more like the aspects of the Survivors mode where you only have 1 life per round and you have to count on your teammates just like they count on you.

Message 23 of 60 (399 Views)
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Jun 5, 2013

Yeah, I agree there are similarites, perhaps thats why they didnt include it, but still Co Op would have been nice.

Message 24 of 60 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3588 posts

Jun 5, 2013

chrisdarkprince1 wrote:
They can't put imfected in competitive multiplayer. That's too much programming for the A1 and it would never be able to react to all the coding at once. think you guys....

oh? have you played coop hunter in uncharted 3? that's a mode in which a bunch of NPC's run through the map and also 2 vs 2 humans, if uncharted 3 can do it, why not the last of us?

besides, what people mostly want is a cooperative mode against infected, and it's a shame that it is not in there, there better be cooperative DLC with infected Naughty Dog!

Message 25 of 60 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Jun 5, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

chrisdarkprince1 wrote:
They can't put imfected in competitive multiplayer. That's too much programming for the A1 and it would never be able to react to all the coding at once. think you guys....

oh? have you played coop hunter in uncharted 3? that's a mode in which a bunch of NPC's run through the map and also 2 vs 2 humans, if uncharted 3 can do it, why not the last of us?

besides, what people mostly want is a cooperative mode against infected, and it's a shame that it is not in there, there better be cooperative DLC with infected Naughty Dog!

you're not helping our case by mentioning hunter arena. LOL Smiley Tongue 

Message 26 of 60 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3588 posts

Jun 5, 2013

gundefined wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

chrisdarkprince1 wrote:

you're not helping our case by mentioning hunter arena. LOL Smiley Tongue 

hunter arena is a cool concept, and technically it works, the reason that people hate it is not a technical fault, but a design fault, which is that the mode is very unbalanced Smiley Wink

Message 27 of 60 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Jun 5, 2013

Mass Effect 3 Co-Op used elements of the Single Play very effectively without the use of the main protagonist. Perhaps if the requests increase there will be a implantation for those of us interested in Co-Op.

Ryde...

Message 28 of 60 (356 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 5, 2013

ND needs to learn with Rockstar how to do a MP... Red Dead Redemption has the best MP..  theres free roam and u can do team death matches,...all that stuff......   TLOU could have the best MP ever, with my ideas.....

Message 29 of 60 (346 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
817 posts

Jun 5, 2013

chrisdarkprince1 wrote:

chrisdarkprince1 is right, a lot of people here don't consider how much time it needed to make a videogame, especially of this visual quality.

Also, nothing says we'll not get a kind of coop mode via DLC?

And more importantly people, remember it's a NEW IP, a superb coop mode in a future sequel is not impossible.  You can't ask a dev to add multiples multiplayers modes for a new IP!  ...and a IP for wich people are asking to make a really poliched SP experience.  The game si still a MASTERPIECE judging from 99% of the reviews out there so...be happy guys!  Smiley Happy

(You can't compare with a title like CoD wich is at is...what...28th sequel??  And they're reusing the same engine and 99.9% of the same coding in every sequel...)

Message 30 of 60 (333 Views)
0 Likes