Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Re: NO INFECTED IN MULTIPlAYER(confirmed by ericND) :'(

Jun 5, 2013

I think all in all its just really annoying because people have been complaining over ND's lack of Co Op support in U3.  People have been asking for a horde mode with the monsters from the UC games since U2, and now with TLOU, the main antagonists are the infected, so it would seem perfect to finally be able to give the co op community what they want, but they didnt. 

Message 31 of 60 (296 Views)
I Only Post Everything
831 posts

Jun 5, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:
oh? have you played coop hunter in uncharted 3? that's a mode in which a bunch of NPC's run through the map and also 2 vs 2 humans, if uncharted 3 can do it, why not the last of us?

besides, what people mostly want is a cooperative mode against infected, and it's a shame that it is not in there, there better be cooperative DLC with infected Naughty Dog!

Matthijs_17 : Uncharted 3 had way simplier AI for teuir NPC compared to the infected in TLoU, they're are coded to attack a single player.

I would like a coop mode against infected too, sure, in fact, a coop mode against alterning waves of humans and infected maybe...but not if it's a complete ripoff of every other "horde/wave" modes of other online games nowadays...they have to keep the "tense" and "survival" aspect into it and...most of the "hardcore" (lol) gamers taht like CoD Zombie mode as an example would hate this kind of horde mode in TLoU, believe me...maybe it's why ND didn't included it...

Message 32 of 60 (294 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
831 posts

Jun 5, 2013

ShAnK_RagE wrote:

ND needs to learn with Rockstar how to do a MP... Red Dead Redemption has the best MP..  theres free roam and u can do team death matches,...all that stuff......   TLOU could have the best MP ever, with my ideas.....

ShAnK_RagE: Again you guys are nto considering how much work goes into a videogame...it's not your standard 6-8 hours/day...and it's REALLY not simple as it looks when we check a video on the web.  A free-roam/open-world mode with TLoU graphic fidelity and animation is near impossible for the actual gen...also, ND are doing a story oriented multiplayer...the SP maps/levels are designed to work like that, they can't put 6 months creating a separate "open world" huge map for the MP when they know that the current trend online is saying that some devs are lessening (spell/word? rushing...?) their SP experience because they put too much time on the MP...

Message 33 of 60 (286 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Jun 5, 2013

burriizy wrote:
So are you guys not gonna play the MP with the absence of the infected?

Oh, I didn't say that....just disappointed...I mean, as long as their presence is felt - either noises or sound fx or the like will work

Bring on MP

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 34 of 60 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14379 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 5, 2013

Once again. I'm going to point this out.

Infected in MP has already been done. ND didn't need to do it.

The following are a list of games that have it to my knowledge, I'm 100% certain on most of them.

Left 4 Dead (FPS) PC XBOX 360 (Competitive/Co-op with infected, also play as infected)

Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City (TPS) All platforms (Competitive with infected)

Dead Space 2 (TPS) All platforms (Competitive)

Resident Evil: Revelations (TPS) All platforms (Co-op only) No competitive (Great game)

Resident Evil 6 (TPS) all platforms, co-op and competitive (Bad game though)

Resident Evil 5 (TPS) all platforms, co-op and competitive (Okay ish game)

Red Faction Armageddon ( Co-op only) Technically aliens?

Why do we need infected in it? The list of all those games that already have it, it's hardly a new concept.

Yeah sure I agree, co-op against infected would have been cool, but I'm not missing much I can do it elsewhere.

Message 35 of 60 (246 Views)
Fender Bender
3647 posts

Jun 5, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

The following are a list of games that have it to my knowledge, I'm 100% certain on most of them.

Left 4 Dead (FPS) PC XBOX 360 (Competitive/Co-op with infected, also play as infected)

Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City (TPS) All platforms (Competitive with infected)

Resident Evil: Revelations (TPS) All platforms (Co-op only) No competitive (Great game)

Why do we need infected in it? The list of all those games that already have it, it's hardly a new concept.

Yeah sure I agree, co-op against infected would have been cool, but I'm not missing much I can do it elsewhere.

Naughty Dog can do a much better job than all these games you listed combined, I think coop in the last of us is a must have, but sadly Naughty Dog didn't agree Smiley Sad

Message 36 of 60 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14379 posts

Jun 5, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Naughty Dog can do a much better job than all these games you listed combined, I think coop in the last of us is a must have, but sadly Naughty Dog didn't agree Smiley Sad

They can't touch L4D. Not in a million years, that game is pretty nailed down.

Message 37 of 60 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Jun 5, 2013

L4D coop in the last of us would be very cool.

or Maybe a Zombie Master online game

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aXfA75rXRpg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Message 38 of 60 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
381 posts

Jun 5, 2013

DaveedT13 wrote:

chrisdarkprince1 wrote:
They can't put imfected in competitive multiplayer. That's too much programming for the A1 and it would never be able to react to all the coding at once. think you guys....

chrisdarkprince1 is right, a lot of people here don't consider how much time it needed to make a videogame, especially of this visual quality.

Also, nothing says we'll not get a kind of coop mode via DLC?

And more importantly people, remember it's a NEW IP, a superb coop mode in a future sequel is not impossible.  You can't ask a dev to add multiples multiplayers modes for a new IP!  ...and a IP for wich people are asking to make a really poliched SP experience.  The game si still a MASTERPIECE judging from 99% of the reviews out there so...be happy guys!  Smiley Happy

(You can't compare with a title like CoD wich is at is...what...28th sequel??  And they're reusing the same engine and 99.9% of the same coding in every sequel...)

You really have no idea what you are talking about...

There are modders who do what the developers do over the span of 2 or 3 years, in a few weeks...

Games like Crysis 1, 2, 3, the Bethesda games, all of them get major overhauls visually in just a matter of weeks, all done by  

standalone or a small group of modders. Devs are highly inefficient, and are completely focussed on day-1 sales.

Why do you think they announce TLOU 1 year before launch? Marketing..

And too much programming? Really? Last time I checked they already had the engine, and they already had the dev team of 200+ people, AI programming shouldn't be a problem with so many people there.. (I heard about to AI in singleplayer: Random 3rd companion walking straight towards an enemy... real intelligence right there) 

Anyhow, if you changed ''of this visual quality'' to ''with this amount of polishing'' you would have a point.

If I am correct, Joel didn't always look like  what he looks like now... if they aren't happy with something, they do it again, till it's perfect.

But visual quality, pff, I have seen way better with way smaller dev teams, with way less of a budget, and way less time spent on making the game... but I guess those are the perks of developing for pc.

No hating here though, TLOU singleplayer will be killer, the feeling of the demo / game is perfect, didn't play mp so can't say anything about that. I do believe they finally heard our prayers about SA though, they added listen mode for everyone.. now you don't have to sacriface other things just cause you were forced to use SA in previous games...

And of course you can't compare with CoD, a hollywood fps making billions every year, with TLOU...

Totally different situations, and to be fair Naughty Dog is reusing their engine too, and with all the ''unfixable glitches'' they have in Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3, one could say they are in need of a less glitchy engine then the one they are using now. 

Message 39 of 60 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Jun 5, 2013
I don't understand why people want the infected/ Co-op in the multiplayer so badly. Yes, it would be nice, of course, the more options the better, but I don't get why a lot of people are throwing hissy fits.

It's not the end of the world, people. You can play the multiplayer, the most annoying thing is people saying "Uh, no multiplayer for me then." Like at least give it a chance.
Message 40 of 60 (178 Views)
0 Likes