Uncharted Territory
1421 posts

Re: NO INFECTED IN MULTIPlAYER(confirmed by ericND) :'(

Jun 6, 2013

I'm not too bummed about the infected being excluded in the MP; honestly, it would feel a bit crowded if they were walking around the maps, and I would hate playing as them if they worked anything like they do in Dead Space 2. Still, it would be cool to have a co-op mode with the Infected.

Maybe they could release a co-op mode similar to how co-op adventure is in U3? That way they could have a loosely-related storyline with separate characters, and then Ellie wouldn't have to be a playable character.

Message 51 of 60 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Jun 6, 2013
cant be better without the **bleep** infected!!!! lol obviously i will still play the MP but im just kinda p!ssed that there is no infected in MP...let me rant and rave damnit..it looks like it will be similar to UC...hope im wrong there
Message 52 of 60 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Jun 6, 2013
Naughty dog is full of surprises so they might make a coop dlc with infected. Keep you hopes up
Message 53 of 60 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Jun 6, 2013

I feel like that horde-esque mode (or all the other modes in U3 not in tlou) will eventually come to this game.... But for a price. Sad thing is i might buy it, despite the fact it is supposed to be included in the game just like how it was on past 2 uncharteds.

+============================================================+
Message 54 of 60 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13841 posts

Jun 6, 2013

It shouldn't cost a single thing.

This game already lacks modes, no way should it create a pool split by doing paid DLC. We need to have all game modes FREE.

This isn't CoD. We do not have the playerbase.

Message 55 of 60 (206 Views)
I Only Post Everything
872 posts

Jun 6, 2013

The Djinns were added to UC3 later on. The same could happen again for TLOU?

Message 56 of 60 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

@ Aureilia

Maybe in an ideal world but in this world developers need to get paid for all their toil. Free is simply an unrealistic business model. And I believe that if the demand is great enough then ND would consider integrating the infected into a MP game mode somehow, tastefully.... not a horde, not playing as the infected but as others have said having them as a third hostile faction that can go either way would be fun, intense and totally appropriate considering how much of an essential role they already play in the game. It really is kind of a no brainer. 

And your point about L4D. That's PC or Xbox, not Playstation. There really are very few quality zombie/survival horror games for our console. Which is all the more reason to make this game count since it is a PS exclusive. I've always wanted to play a team death match or an objective based game mode where two teams of humans fight eachother with zombies in the mix.... I thought I was going to get that with Grief mode in BO2 but they dropped that ball so this game is litterally our last chance to get gameplay like this on the PS3.

I believe ND have the resources to make it happen, they should and I think they will.  If you don't like it you don't have to play it but don't act as if we are silly for wanting infected in the MP. Doing that makes you sound like a blind fan girl. 

Message 57 of 60 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Jun 29, 2013

.... and your logic that "it's been done before in other games" is hopelessly flawed. How many MP modes are just pvp? Too many to count... definately more times than the kind of mode were asking for so in reality TLOU's MP (in it's current state) is more cliche than PvZvP. Your point is so moot it is negligable!

Message 58 of 60 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
364 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Dat necrobump

Signature Size for Contest July TLOU photo FINALSARAH_zpse2590fe2.jpg
Message 59 of 60 (85 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jun 29, 2013

If infected were included in mutliplayer. Lag would ruin all the fun. 

Message 60 of 60 (81 Views)
0 Likes