Fender Bender
2562 posts

Re: NO KILL BASED MODES!

Jan 9, 2013

werget wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:
you think I was crazy then? You should check me out now, searching every nook and cranny for that TLOU reference! I can't stop!

And I'm here collecting as many The Last of Us-related products...haha.

Are you the one who keeps out bidding me at the last second for TLoU T shirts on ebay lol

Message 31 of 41 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Jan 12, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
The problem is, how would we then curb camping in a kill based mode?

camping is tactics the same as run n gun, get over it. why do you have such a h*** on against low health or campers, ive been waiting for this type of set up in game since socom 4. maybe some of us thrive at that style.

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 32 of 41 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

haymakeraffair66 wrote:

yeah i agree completely butchering the multi player so you cant even kill people

oh please, stop it ok? he didn't said there should be no killing, he means that your MAIN objective is not killing, that doesn't mean you can't kill people while doing the objective, besides I think you should not buy this game. All the things you said so far prove that you like call of duty, you want killstreaks in this game, you even just asked if there are tomahawks, how about you just keep playing that or similar crap...

the last of us is not a game for you, I'm sure, and I'm not saying that to help you, I say that because I don't want to see any killfarmers in the multiplayer, so just keep out of this, ok? Smiley Happy

he never once asked for a first person shooter, killstreaks, or anything like that. accept that some of us like kill based low health in THIRD PERSON ... SOCOM?

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 33 of 41 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
10737 posts

Jan 12, 2013
who said I was against low health? All I said was that there should be some kind of objective to keep the pace of the game going. Nobody likes to wait for respawning just looking at a guy with his back to a corner for five minutes.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 34 of 41 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Jan 12, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
who said I was against low health? All I said was that there should be some kind of objective to keep the pace of the game going. Nobody likes to wait for respawning just looking at a guy with his back to a corner for five minutes.

well we would all appriciate objectives AND deathmatch modes both, especially elimination mode. why not have both

Message 35 of 41 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Jan 12, 2013

an mmo mode would be cool too.  where each individual has their own tasks / missions to complete.  Others can join in their quest / such.

i am sure some people would randomly go about trying to kill everyone.,etc....

there'd be scavenging, bartering, etc,etc.....

that would be pretty fun.

Message 36 of 41 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3465 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Despur4do wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

haymakeraffair66 wrote:

yeah i agree completely butchering the multi player so you cant even kill people

oh please, stop it ok? he didn't said there should be no killing, he means that your MAIN objective is not killing, that doesn't mean you can't kill people while doing the objective, besides I think you should not buy this game. All the things you said so far prove that you like call of duty, you want killstreaks in this game, you even just asked if there are tomahawks, how about you just keep playing that or similar crap...

the last of us is not a game for you, I'm sure, and I'm not saying that to help you, I say that because I don't want to see any killfarmers in the multiplayer, so just keep out of this, ok? Smiley Happy

he never once asked for a first person shooter, killstreaks, or anything like that. accept that some of us like kill based low health in THIRD PERSON ... SOCOM?

he did ask for that, just look up other posts, I didn't imagine he posted that or something...

and I don't accept kill based multiplayer, because this game isn't a dumb shooter, if you want to just shoot everyone, go play a shooter, not an action/adventure

you must adapt your preference to the games you buy, it's not the game that has to adapt to you

Message 37 of 41 (88 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Jan 12, 2013

This game shouldn't even be a shooter to begin with. The only way for the game to not have "campers" is for the game to be a little bit like Battlefield's "Rush" or "Conquest" mode. Where you have to keep on pushing forward to win. And my idea for a game mode(literally a "hoard" mode. No, not horde...H-O-A-R-D)where you scavenge materials in order to survive. Which ever team gets less supplies loses. And, probably doesn't get a "superweapon" from the ingredients they had gathered. Smiley Happy

Get your Portable ID!
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Tomb Raider, God of War: Ascension, Grand Theft Auto V, and The Last of Us.
By the way, this signature is very outdated.
Message 38 of 41 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

Jan 15, 2013
Although I'm not generally the biggest deathmatch fan, I think they should (and will) include it

I've had a few ideas on how to discourage camping:

1. Include power weapons
2. Have zombies on the map (Probably would only work if they were slow moving). They'll walk towards the nearest enemy, and if you camp, you'll get cornered and have to waste your ammo or die.
3. Have a system where players get hungry/thirsty, causing fatigue, and possibly death. You'd be forced to move for food or water.

Options 1 and 2 seem the most reasonable, and option 3 might be too gimmicky to work. I can maybe see option 3 working in an elimination mode, but I think people would just get annoyed by it after a while.
Message 39 of 41 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
10737 posts

Jan 15, 2013

AbNoRmaL__aGenT wrote:
Although I'm not generally the biggest deathmatch fan, I think they should (and will) include it

I've had a few ideas on how to discourage camping:

1. Include power weapons
2. Have zombies on the map (Probably would only work if they were slow moving). They'll walk towards the nearest enemy, and if you camp, you'll get cornered and have to waste your ammo or die.
3. Have a system where players get hungry/thirsty, causing fatigue, and possibly death. You'd be forced to move for food or water.

Options 1 and 2 seem the most reasonable, and option 3 might be too gimmicky to work. I can maybe see option 3 working in an elimination mode, but I think people would just get annoyed by it after a while.

I don't think it's about the camping anymore. In a game like this, I don't see killing everyone on an opposing team can be a realistic goal. Sure, deathmatch is in almost every other multiplayer game, but do you really see this game as needing just plain, old deathmatch? There needs to be some overall goal that isn't killing, like maybe "rush" mode from Bad Company 2. I want game modes that do not STRONGLY emphasize on just killing the opposing team, but rather making the overall task, whatever it may be, easier. Joel and Ellie aren't in the story just to kill people. They have a specific goal. This sense of objective should be present in the multiplayer aspect of the game. 

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 40 of 41 (59 Views)