Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 09 2013
By: Sweetbrandigirl Hekseville Citizen 262 posts

NOT LIKING SURVIVOR MODE

71 replies 1354 views Edited Dec 9, 2013

I've gotta say I'm really not enjoying playing survivor mode. I find it less fun when there NO Ammo, Malee Weapons are almost non existent and very very little shiv making material. I've already had to leave four shiv doors simply because there isn't adequate shiv material in the area to get he doors open. I haven't been able to create a Molotov cocktail, or a nail bomb simply because there's insufficient material to do so. I've only been able to craft one or two smoke bombs so far and other then that I'm fighting with bricks and fist....They should have at least put enough material for you to play the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 72 (1,354 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
7930 posts

Re: NOT LIKING SURVIVOR MODE

Dec 9, 2013

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 72 (1,353 Views)
Wastelander
595 posts

Dec 10, 2013

Sweetbrandigirl wrote:

I've gotta say I'm really not enjoying playing survivor mode. I find it less fun when there NO Ammo, Malee Weapons are almost non existent and very very little shiv making material. I've already had to leave four shiv doors simply because there isn't adequate shiv material in the area to get he doors open. I haven't been able to create a Molotov cocktail, or a nail bomb simply because there's insufficient material to do so. I've only been able to craft one or two smoke bombs so far and other then that I'm fighting with bricks and fist....They should have at least put enough material for you to play the game.

That's why it's survival mode.  They made the items scarce to challenge you.  It was definitely challenging, but I got through it.  I've beat it four times on survivor. It's not the bad.  Bricks are your best friend.  Make every shot count.  If you're gonna fire your weapon, make sure it hits the enemy.  My accuracy rating is close to 80% on my survivor playthrough because I try my best to land a shot.  Bullets and items are scarce.  You just need to play carefully

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 72 (1,346 Views)
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Dec 10, 2013
I really enjoyed it on survivor mode, the lack of materials and listen mode gives a more immersive game, where you know one mistake and its all over. If you want to unlock shiv doors, don't waste them on clickers. You really need to make the most of your stealth skills too. Also try not to craft anything until you actually want to use it, I kicked myself a few times for crafting something I didn't need and not being able to unlock a shiv door as a result. As sweetcastlemagic said, bricks are you best friend
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 72 (1,342 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
262 posts

Dec 10, 2013
Philly Thanks for the reply But I've only killed one clicker with w shiv and that was in the subway station were they give you the shiv in the locker. the others I burnt or beat with a pipe, so I haven't wasted ANY shiv's that could have been used to open shiv doors. There simply ISN'T the required material to craft enough shivs to open the doors which is a HUGE game design flaw in my opinion.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 72 (1,330 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11053 posts

Dec 10, 2013
  • Never craft anything, only shivs
  • Explore the entire area before moving on
  • Use stealth a LOT
  • Use the bow and try to not break the arrow
  • Use bricks and bottles, they're everywhere
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 72 (1,311 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
262 posts

Dec 10, 2013
rentals Thanks for the advice but bottles and bricks aren't my idea of a fun way to play. I'll get through it just so I can get the trophy but I won't play it again on survivor it's NO FUN. There plenty of supplements and upgrades for your weapons but what use are the upgrades if there NO Frickin ammo ?
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 72 (1,296 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11053 posts

Dec 10, 2013

Sweetbrandigirl wrote:
rentals Thanks for the advice but bottles and bricks aren't my idea of a fun way to play. I'll get through it just so I can get the trophy but I won't play it again on survivor it's NO FUN. There plenty of supplements and upgrades for your weapons but what use are the upgrades if there NO Frickin ammo ?

Use those upgrades on the bow only! And maybe on the main pistol, you get some ammo for that.

Just keep exploring and craft ONLY SHIVS, NOTHING ELSE. You must open every shiv door you can to survive, even in those door there isn't much supplies but still, it's better than nothing.

Don't waste your shivs on Clickers, EVER.

I think the only part of the game where you have to shoot at people is at the very, very end of the game just before the Ellie stage. Everything else is just a matter of not being seen, use stealth, i completed survivor without ever killing anyone but at the part i just mentioned.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 72 (1,294 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Dec 10, 2013

renatabls wrote:i completed survivor without ever killing anyone but at the part i just mentioned.

What about the part when Ellie is sniping? There are some areas where you have to kill to push further, correct?

Also, what is the trick to not breaking arrows? I thought that they dont break if you get a head-shot, but even then they break at times

You and I both know... you're not supposed to take my place, brother.

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 72 (1,286 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
595 posts

Dec 10, 2013

Sweetbrandigirl wrote:

You should get ammo from Ellie and from bodies of enemies after you kill them.  I've played through survivor a lot, and Ellie always gifts me ammo when I'm running low, and when I sneak up on people an choke them out, if i'm low on ammo, a lot of times there will be ammo on their bodies.  So you should get a good amount of ammo.  U just need to conserve the ammo you get and only get in a firefight if you absolutely must.  Survivor mode is more about stealth than gunplay.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 72 (1,281 Views)
0 Likes