Jun 04 2013
By: XIStridIX First Son 5 posts

Nate Wells I Salute You!

7 replies 363 views Edited Jun 4, 2013

You are indeed a master level troll.

I figured you people [Naughty Dog] would have the desire to want to capitalize on the lack of a DayZ experience on a console - silly me.  As it turns out this "best MP ever conceived" is nothing more than TDM.  That's the best you can do there at Naughty Dog... TDM?  I don't care how you dress it up or what metagames you toss into the mix - TDM is TDM is TDM.

I mean, really... TDM?  Not even a Free Roam mode like in GTA IV or Red Dead Redemption?  What a flippin' waste.  It's a shame you people don't have more drive than you do because you've got what seems to be a killer product here [if the demo is anything to go from]. 

You've got a chance to do something different for consoles, why pass it up?

Message 1 of 8 (363 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
788 posts

Re: Nate Wells I Salute You!

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

Why were you convinced they would be creating something like DayZ for multiplayer? They'd have to spend more time on that than the story mode itself which is the main attraction of the game, in case you haven't noticed.

Message 2 of 8 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1363 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Is there a negative kudos button? lol. Wait until the game is out and you play it for yourself!

Message 3 of 8 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

I salute you. Because you are indeed an ignorant individual.

If they even tried to implement an open world, or a large free roam, the graphics in general would end up being terrible. Besides, their main selling point is Singleplayer, and the fact they even decided to include multiplayer (Which was optional.) in the first place was amazing, so we're lucky to be having it at all. We've only seen a little bit so far and the fact you're judging based off the little you've seen (Without even playing it yourself.) is actually ridiculous to be honest. Also, who even said their Multiplayer was going to be anything like DayZ anyway? 

I'd suggest you sit your little preemptive self back and wait until you actually have the game in your hands, and play the finished product yourself before making these claims towards a company which have really invested time into their product. 

I don't even care if you don't like it. You don't like it, perfectly fine! But don't complain about it. Or shoot it down onto other people who think it has potential.

The Last of Us Is Out!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 8 (295 Views)
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Jun 4, 2013

kelso-burn-240x180.jpg

Thank you, PicnicViking for my amazing sig (:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 8 (291 Views)
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Lt_K4RL0S wrote:

Why were you convinced they would be creating something like DayZ for multiplayer? They'd have to spend more time on that than the story mode itself which is the main attraction of the game, in case you haven't noticed.

This.

People who were expecting DayZ type multiplayer or RDR free roam were in deep deep delusion.

Message 6 of 8 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
570 posts

Jun 4, 2013

I doubt they could. It would take quite awhile to do too... Now, I won't say Uncharted or The Last of Us is the best looking game out there, because they aren't. More than likely they are on PS3, and probably consoles too, some people say Crysis 2 is, I don't think so, on PC yeah, not on consoles...

Anyways, these games have so many details, so much grass, leaves, good AI, good voice acting, etc... Do you know how hard it would to be able to squeeze all of that stuff into an open world? No doubt the graphics would have to be dumbded down considerably.

Message 7 of 8 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14379 posts

Jun 4, 2013

The core game of RDR or GTA is NOT free roam.

you have map area selection per mode.

The free roam is unplayable in any sort of competitive manner.

Why would you even want something that does nothing?

Message 8 of 8 (137 Views)
0 Likes