Monster Hunter
39 posts

Re: Naughty Dog Breaks Down The Last of Us Multiplayer - Gameinformer

Jun 4, 2013

Singleplayer is the only reason the last of us is a ally hope for a day one buy for me still... I really hope for a COOP mode

Message 21 of 43 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Player1x3 wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:
So the game ships with just two modes. :smileyindifferent: 

"Don't worry for the low price of $24.99, you can add on one more mode via DLC @ the PSN Store!"

- Scum Bag Naughty Dog

Co-op better be patched day 1 into the game or included with the season pass (LOL) but seriously. i'm going to hope they are waiting for E3 or something to wow us this currently is kinda bare boned.

Honestly, I think Naughty Dog should take their season pass and shove it right up their **bleep**.

Wait, you really think that ? Wow dude you need to be more vocal about your opinions because i would've never been able to figure that out by reading other 14367 posts you made about the subject...

That's way over my post count.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 22 of 43 (349 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4780 posts

Jun 4, 2013
Please tell me this game will ship with a Survival co-op mode, my God it is practically made for it, not to mention how the Uncharted fans have begged for it since UC2...
tlousig2
Message 23 of 43 (322 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Jun 4, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:
So the game ships with just two modes. :smileyindifferent: 

"Don't worry for the low price of $24.99, you can add on one more mode via DLC @ the PSN Store!"

- Scum Bag Naughty Dog

Co-op better be patched day 1 into the game or included with the season pass (LOL) but seriously. i'm going to hope they are waiting for E3 or something to wow us this currently is kinda bare boned.

If there is a co-op it'll probably be bundled in the season pass. 

Honestly, I think Naughty Dog should take their season pass and shove it right up their **bleep**.

Message 24 of 43 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Fakehound wrote:
Please tell me this game will ship with a Survival co-op mode, my God it is practically made for it, not to mention how the Uncharted fans have begged for it since UC2...

You will probably have to shell out $29.99 sometime after the Season Pass ends to get it, if it is not included in the season pass.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 25 of 43 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2399 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

Fakehound wrote:

Based on the GameInformer interview, nope.  These two modes (deathmatch variants) is all we have to play.  I'm so unbelievably disappointed by this multiplayer reveal.  It seems like the PERFECT game for some awesome co-op!  But instead, they give it two Deathmatch modes and nothing else.  No objectives in the games besides killing and looting.  There aren't even any infected in the multiplayer matches, like **bleep**? lol

I'm usually not overly negative, but I have to think that they waited so long to reveal it and kept it a secret because it looks so tacked on.  *shrug*  I might just be overreacting, but I'm kinda frustrated. :smileysad:

----------------------------------------------------

Message 26 of 43 (288 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4780 posts

Jun 4, 2013

naaros wrote:

Fakehound wrote:

Based on the GameInformer interview, nope.  These two modes (deathmatch variants) is all we have to play.  I'm so unbelievably disappointed by this multiplayer reveal.  It seems like the PERFECT game for some awesome co-op!  But instead, they give it two Deathmatch modes and nothing else.  No objectives in the games besides killing and looting.  There aren't even any infected in the multiplayer matches, like **bleep**? lol

I'm usually not overly negative, but I have to think that they waited so long to reveal it and kept it a secret because it looks so tacked on.  *shrug*  I might just be overreacting, but I'm kinda frustrated. :smileysad:

I guess we'll see soon... I mean don't get me wrong, the idea of Deathmatch is cool, but survival co-op modes or competitive modes with infected (hunter mode in UC3, only good) included would have been incredible.

tlousig2
Message 27 of 43 (264 Views)
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jun 4, 2013
I'm pretty sure GI didn't play full multiplayer! I promise there is a co-op lol... I do not believe these modes are just deathmatch variants.... the value of your life captured in this gamemode is similar to that in TDM but it is probably just Team Objective with limited spawns... the other game mode is the sams with only one spawn i guess or its just elimination... I assume there will be infected in the MP or ND bleeped up big time!!! :smileyvery-happy: I faith in them... but if they mess this up U4 has no hope!
Message 28 of 43 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2399 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

Fakehound wrote:

naaros wrote:

Fakehound wrote:

I guess we'll see soon... I mean don't get me wrong, the idea of Deathmatch is cool, but survival co-op modes or competitive modes with infected (hunter mode in UC3, only good) included would have been incredible.

Oh yeah, I'll be playing the multiplayer some, but I don't know how long it'll keep me hooked with only a deathmatch-ish mode there.  Co-Op (or even more competitive modes) with infected would have been so awesome.  The fact that it might come as DLC later kinda bugs me. :smileytongue:

@SANS__ - well the problem is, the interviewer asked the multiplayer designer about the modes, and he said something like they only made two modes because they wanted more to focus more on 'depth' than 'breadth'.  But it's kinda weird because the modes are so similar (except one is basically elimination).

"So, our philosophy there was, even though we don't have a very big breadth of game modes, is to kind of go for depth over breadth and try and create a deeper game experience.  Like we mentioned, a little more layered and there's more of that depth there. So, we focus on just a couple of modes which are somewhat similar to most of the team death match experiences but those are also some of the most popular experiences that players are after so our philosophy was how do we take those core experiences that players love playing but put them, and take them into our universe and make them feel more survivalist and more weighty in terms of the tension of the match?"

----------------------------------------------------

Message 29 of 43 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4780 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

naaros wrote:

Fakehound wrote:

naaros wrote:

Fakehound wrote:

Oh yeah, I'll be playing the multiplayer some, but I don't know how long it'll keep me hooked with only a deathmatch-ish mode there.  Co-Op (or even more competitive modes) with infected would have been so awesome.  The fact that it might come as DLC later kinda bugs me. :smileytongue:

TDM with infected roaming around, ohhh yeah! :catembarrassed:

An in depth survival co-op mode, AWWWW YEAHHHHH! :catlol:

TDM and Elimination only? Yeah? :catfrustrated:

tlousig2
Message 30 of 43 (239 Views)
0 Likes