Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

Nov 17, 2013
Sam and Henry more than Joel and ellie? oh no. I respect your taste but the only part in the game I didn't like was Henry and Sam.
"So don’t tell us we’d be happy with some other characters/games because the truth is, we’d just be more disappointed." - conquerator3

❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Ellie: I've listen to your lie, and your story. And I can't take it anymore.
Message 21 of 50 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Nov 17, 2013

I really liked Henry and Sam. But not nearly as much as Joel and Ellie.

Message 22 of 50 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
263 posts

Nov 17, 2013
I can't agree here I didn't like Henry or how mean he was to Sam over that stupid robot…Like it would have made any difference letting him have a simple toy. I only wished they had let Joel / me shoot him in the head. I'm completely and utterly disappointed with the SP DLC and with ND for not even trying to take it to another level, but instead deciding to rest upon their laurels so thankful I didn't fall for the season pass trap.
Message 23 of 50 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Nov 17, 2013

What the heck is wrong with you???

Why would you want to shoot Henry.

Personlly, i really like Henry and Sam. Just not nearly as much as Joel and Ellie.

I know it's just a game but you would have wanted to shoot Henry just because he didn't let Sam have the toy?

Maybe you should stop playing Video Games.

And i don't think that the seasons pass was a trap at all...   I am really looking forward to the DLC and I am just very happy that we will see Ellie again.

Message 24 of 50 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
263 posts

Nov 17, 2013
@ dark_doc I understand how you feel about Henry I feel the same way about Tess and I don't want to shoot Henry over the toy but more because he was an over bearing bully I felt he was really overbearing and overly stern with Sam who was just a kid.

As for the season pass and whether it was a trap I'll say for those who play multiplayer maybe not as they'll get more use out of it but for those p[layers that only play single player yeah it is a waste of money and ND hoped it like it was the second coming of christ It isn't …Lastly stop playing Video games is like telling to go kill myself…uh thats not gonna happen…LOL
Message 25 of 50 (144 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
27153 posts

Nov 17, 2013

kleen_nexi wrote:

for the last of us. Are you hyped? Definately no, sorry. Why?

Where is the new Character? Riley isn't really new, even you didn't read the comic.

The sorry they told in this DLC may be interested but where is there something new?

We wait 6+ months, get announcements for announcements, getting told it will be "epic" and then we really get an already existed story told by this comics? This is (for my opinion) really weak.

Well I know i probably get now hate all over again,

but as a fanboy of TLOU I'm sorry a bit disapointed.

At least after all this time, ND creators told they sit around and write a new story for this DLC it's really aw.

The best thing really is you simply know what will happen and how it will end.

So now you can start flame,

I'm just a sad fan who is really heartbreaken right now.

Maybe your expectations were so high that there was no possible way they could EVER be met.

And people knew how Titanic was going to end, but they still went to see it, to the tune of $600,000,000.

Message 26 of 50 (144 Views)
Sackboy
498 posts

Nov 17, 2013
How many more times are you gonna mention you not wasting your money on the season pass. You've said it on numerous thread's. I'm starting to think you bought the season pass and now you're butt hurts cause you couldn't have it your way.

Message 27 of 50 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
255 posts

Nov 17, 2013

DILLAsirens wrote:

Personally, I didn't think we got enough of Ellie's backstory, even with the very short 4-issue comic book series they put out. This is supposed to be a dual-protagonist story but I feel more focus was put on Joel. We experienced first hand what his life was like before the outbreak, along with the tragic event which changed him forever. There are various hints pertaining to his past as a hunter, how his relationship with Tommy and Sarah's mom panned out etc. When it comes to Ellie's past, they're just giving smaller bits of exposition here and there. 

I'm happy with the direction they're going in. I don't think many of us truly understood the impact Riley had on Ellie, for most of us she was just some unknown, faceless character who Ellie mentioned in the last moments of the game. Riley's death was a significant event in Ellie's life, just like Sarah's death was to Joel. Experiencing that event first hand could give us more insight into why Ellie was so guilt-ridden in the core-game. It may not sound like a story they need to tell, but that's the nature of story-driven DLC. It's something that isn't quite essential to the main game's story, but rather it adds to it.

I wouldn't have minded if the DLC starred a new character, but frankly I'm just glad Ellie is returning. I mean, it's an easy choice for me: new character or Ellie? Hmm.. I'll go with Ellie (:  

Very perceptive point. As much as everyone got attached to Ellie, TLoU was very much Joels story and it's his backstory, personality and character arc that drives the experience. By the end of the game I felt I knew him so well and that his character arc was complete. For this reason I'm quite happy that ND have left Joel alone (for now). Ellie on the other has a lot more of her backstory to tell and possibly more sides of her personality to reveal................

Message 28 of 50 (129 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Nov 17, 2013

The DLC is going to be amazing. I'm glad they went this route instead of Ish.

When all have fallen, rise above the ashes.
Message 29 of 50 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Nov 17, 2013

kleen_nexi wrote:
Sam and Henry more than Joel and ellie? oh no. I respect your taste but the only part in the game I didn't like was Henry and Sam.

Just admit that you wanted DLC about Joel Smiley Very Happy

Me, on the other hand... well, my dreams came true Smiley Very Happy

I must know. I AM THE GUY QUOTED IN YOUR SIG!!!!

Message 30 of 50 (118 Views)
0 Likes