Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/16/2013
Offline
241 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

Nov 18, 2013

conquerator3 wrote:

kleen_nexi wrote:
Sam and Henry more than Joel and ellie? oh no. I respect your taste but the only part in the game I didn't like was Henry and Sam.

Just admit that you wanted DLC about Joel Smiley Very Happy

 

Me, on the other hand... well, my dreams came true Smiley Very Happy

 

I must know. I AM THE GUY QUOTED IN YOUR SIG!!!!


No mate, the real problem is just the theme of this DLC.

I only have a problem with TLOU 2 and a disapeared Joel.

The DLC is fine with Ellie only. 

And I know you're happy right now.. I could hear your screams to Berlin lol.

Did you heard my teardrops as well T_T?

"So don’t tell us we’d be happy with some other characters/games because the truth is, we’d just be more disappointed." - conquerator3

Status:
❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Ellie: I've listen to your lie, and your story. And I can't take it anymore.
Message 31 of 50 (220 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/20/2013
Offline
1335 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

Nov 18, 2013

kleen_nexi wrote:

conquerator3 wrote:

kleen_nexi wrote:
Sam and Henry more than Joel and ellie? oh no. I respect your taste but the only part in the game I didn't like was Henry and Sam.

Just admit that you wanted DLC about Joel Smiley Very Happy

 

Me, on the other hand... well, my dreams came true Smiley Very Happy

 

I must know. I AM THE GUY QUOTED IN YOUR SIG!!!!


No mate, the real problem is just the theme of this DLC.

I only have a problem with TLOU 2 and a disapeared Joel.

The DLC is fine with Ellie only. 

And I know you're happy right now.. I could hear your screams to Berlin lol.

Did you heard my teardrops as well T_T?


Yes I did...

Why would there be Ellie but no Joel in TLoU2? Nakes no sense...

Message 32 of 50 (213 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
Registered: 11/03/2013
Offline
57 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

Nov 18, 2013

I'm a little sad we don't get to learn a bit more about Joel. There were so many strange hints about Joel's past in the SP, both before and after the world went to hell. I think he also is the most interesting character in how he develops throughout the game.

 

That being said Ellie is probably alot more likeable and I understand why Naughty Dog went with her instead. I didn't really mind which of the two (or both) were in the dlc, so long as at least one of them was. I am happy Smiley Happy

 

It would be a shame if Joel wasn't in TLoU2 though. He's such an interesting and mysterious dude, and the game leaves you with so many questions about his past.

Message 33 of 50 (203 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/03/2013
Offline
108 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

Nov 18, 2013

It would be horrible if Joel wouldn't be in The lats of Us 2.   I think that if we would learn more about Joel's past, many people would stop liking him as much. Because we would see the horrible thing's that he has done.

Message 34 of 50 (200 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/16/2013
Offline
241 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

Nov 18, 2013

dark_doc wrote:

It would be horrible if Joel wouldn't be in The lats of Us 2.   I think that if we would learn more about Joel's past, many people would stop liking him as much. Because we would see the horrible thing's that he has done.


The real thing is, even TLOU is Joel's Story, he basically didn't like to speak about himself. I need to see more of him in Part 2.

That's why I think more people like Ellie way more because she's easy to understand. You don't need long to catch up with her character. Joel is way more complex.

 

So of corse ND makes the DLC that way. 

And it's ok for now but man Ellie alone for every new part would be lame.

She's just not that complex like joel for me.

And for me no one of them would work alone of there own

 

"So don’t tell us we’d be happy with some other characters/games because the truth is, we’d just be more disappointed." - conquerator3

Status:
❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Ellie: I've listen to your lie, and your story. And I can't take it anymore.
Message 35 of 50 (191 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/20/2013
Offline
1335 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

Nov 18, 2013

kleen_nexi wrote:

dark_doc wrote:

It would be horrible if Joel wouldn't be in The lats of Us 2.   I think that if we would learn more about Joel's past, many people would stop liking him as much. Because we would see the horrible thing's that he has done.


The real thing is, even TLOU is Joel's Story, he basically didn't like to speak about himself. I need to see more of him in Part 2.

That's why I think more people like Ellie way more because she's easy to understand. You don't need long to catch up with her character. Joel is way more complex.

 

So of corse ND makes the DLC that way. 

And it's ok for now but man Ellie alone for every new part would be lame.

She's just not that complex like joel for me.

And for me no one of them would work alone of there own

 


I think Ellie is more likeable because of how she reacts and acts and for the same reason Joel is less likeable, not because of their past or complexity...

We don't know a whole lot about Joel so we can't really tell just how complex he is Smiley Very Happy

Saying that, they should explain some of his past in the sequel and see where the game goes Smiley Very Happy

Message 36 of 50 (182 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 07/08/2013
Offline
41 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2013

I prefer Joel's arc myself, but I disagree that it's easier to understand Ellie. There's more depth to her character than you're giving credit for. Most players were surprised by Neil's interpretation of the ending and what that final “okay” meant, so I'm not sure if people really picked up on her arc and understood her mindset. Delving into her past could give us some valuable insight.

 

With Joel, they pretty much spoon-fed us everything we need to know. It's easy to get why he is the way he is. I like him and Ellie equally, but I just feel that too much attention has been given to him in the core-game to warrant a story-driven DLC set in his early hunter days. I'll admit though, I'd rather have that than a second MP-based pack.

 

I would recommend reserving your judgment until the DLC is released. Back in April, I didn't want Infinite's DLC to be set in Rapture but it was and it ended up being pretty sweet Smiley Very Happy

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
"Dope beats, dope rhymes. This Hip Hop ain't really that hard."
Message 37 of 50 (166 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/06/2012
Offline
2633 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

Nov 19, 2013
I WANTED BRUCE CAMPBELL AS ISH

ooOoo >_> ooOoo Smiley Mad
yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 38 of 50 (154 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 11/24/2011
Offline
11297 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

Nov 19, 2013

I AM SO EXCITED FOR DISSS GUYSSSS. <3

 

Anyway, yeah. I've been waiting for a DLC about Riley since i 1st finished the game. I'm hyped, but i'm not putting my hopes that up.

Message 39 of 50 (134 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/20/2013
Offline
1335 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

Nov 19, 2013
My hopes are THROUGH THE ROOF!
Smiley Very Happy
Message 40 of 50 (127 Views)