Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/16/2013
Offline
241 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

Nov 19, 2013

DILLAsirens wrote:

I prefer Joel's arc myself, but I disagree that it's easier to understand Ellie. There's more depth to her character than you're giving credit for. Most players were surprised by Neil's interpretation of the ending and what that final “okay” meant, so I'm not sure if people really picked up on her arc and understood her mindset. Delving into her past could give us some valuable insight.

 

With Joel, they pretty much spoon-fed us everything we need to know. It's easy to get why he is the way he is. I like him and Ellie equally, but I just feel that too much attention has been given to him in the core-game to warrant a story-driven DLC set in his early hunter days. I'll admit though, I'd rather have that than a second MP-based pack.

 

I would recommend reserving your judgment until the DLC is released. Back in April, I didn't want Infinite's DLC to be set in Rapture but it was and it ended up being pretty sweet Smiley Very Happy


Neil's interpretation is, a bit strange. I saw that and have to say that i can't admit his view. I acept it yes, but since he told "she know she have to go her own way" i can't go with Neil anymore. It's pretty unrealistic. But well he told every opinion is welcome so I'm fine with that.

 

Well the main game is, even some fans won't agree, Joel's Story.

And that from the beginning to the end. 

I don't mind that Ellie got a Spot in the DLC,

i just deeply hope they will continue with them both in part 2 if one will come.

 

And yeah your right... the 2nd MP DLC is pretty much pointless..

who will play in Spring/Summer 2014 the TLOU MP? Nobody.

 

However I always was fair to this DLC I think. I never told this DLC will be bad just the theme is well not mine.

 

 


conquerator3 wrote:

I think Ellie is more likeable because of how she reacts and acts and for the same reason Joel is less likeable, not because of their past or complexity...

We don't know a whole lot about Joel so we can't really tell just how complex he is Smiley Very Happy

Saying that, they should explain some of his past in the sequel and see where the game goes Smiley Very Happy


They definately should explain a lot yeah.

I mean while Ellie explains everything and talks like a waterfall,

Joel says just "Okay" or "Enogh" and finish.

This is okay for his complex of character but I wish more.

That can't be everything.

 


renatabls wrote:

I AM SO EXCITED FOR DISSS GUYSSSS. <3

 

Anyway, yeah. I've been waiting for a DLC about Riley since i 1st finished the game. I'm hyped, but i'm not putting my hopes that up.


I'm with you. Well at least many others are hyped about it. 

I don't kidding. I'm really happy for everyone who really wanted to see this scenario.

 


conquerator3 wrote:
My hopes are THROUGH THE ROOF!
Smiley Very Happy

You can count of me in case this DLC will suck, I will be there for you xD (Just pretend xD)

"So don’t tell us we’d be happy with some other characters/games because the truth is, we’d just be more disappointed." - conquerator3

Status:
❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Ellie: I've listen to your lie, and your story. And I can't take it anymore.
Message 41 of 50 (250 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/03/2013
Offline
108 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

Nov 20, 2013

I would have prefered othe scenarious. But for me, it could be MUCH worse.

Message 42 of 50 (210 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/02/2013
Offline
310 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2013

racetrack9 wrote:

I'm a little sad we don't get to learn a bit more about Joel. There were so many strange hints about Joel's past in the SP, both before and after the world went to hell. I think he also is the most interesting character in how he develops throughout the game.

 

That being said Ellie is probably alot more likeable and I understand why Naughty Dog went with her instead. I didn't really mind which of the two (or both) were in the dlc, so long as at least one of them was. I am happy Smiley Happy

 

It would be a shame if Joel wasn't in TLoU2 though. He's such an interesting and mysterious dude, and the game leaves you with so many questions about his past.


You got it fella. Ellie was more likeable but Joel was the more interesting character. Simple. Smiley Wink

Ah, despite that be carefull what you wish for though. Learning too much about Joel would possibly make him less interesting. He's interesting because he's a bit of an enigma.

Message 43 of 50 (189 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/16/2013
Offline
241 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

Nov 24, 2013

no1_narwhal_fan wrote:

racetrack9 wrote:

I'm a little sad we don't get to learn a bit more about Joel. There were so many strange hints about Joel's past in the SP, both before and after the world went to hell. I think he also is the most interesting character in how he develops throughout the game.

 

That being said Ellie is probably alot more likeable and I understand why Naughty Dog went with her instead. I didn't really mind which of the two (or both) were in the dlc, so long as at least one of them was. I am happy Smiley Happy

 

It would be a shame if Joel wasn't in TLoU2 though. He's such an interesting and mysterious dude, and the game leaves you with so many questions about his past.


You got it fella. Ellie was more likeable but Joel was the more interesting character. Simple. Smiley Wink

Ah, despite that be carefull what you wish for though. Learning too much about Joel would possibly make him less interesting. He's interesting because he's a bit of an enigma.


This. Basically yeah i really like Ellie, but she isn't as interesting as Joel. She's so open, you can always pretty sure say, if you ask her, she would answer you. This doesn't work by Joel.

Well, we will see whats coming next ; 3

"So don’t tell us we’d be happy with some other characters/games because the truth is, we’d just be more disappointed." - conquerator3

Status:
❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Ellie: I've listen to your lie, and your story. And I can't take it anymore.
Message 44 of 50 (167 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/20/2013
Offline
1335 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

Nov 26, 2013

kleen_nexi wrote:

no1_narwhal_fan wrote:

racetrack9 wrote:

I'm a little sad we don't get to learn a bit more about Joel. There were so many strange hints about Joel's past in the SP, both before and after the world went to hell. I think he also is the most interesting character in how he develops throughout the game.

 

That being said Ellie is probably alot more likeable and I understand why Naughty Dog went with her instead. I didn't really mind which of the two (or both) were in the dlc, so long as at least one of them was. I am happy Smiley Happy

 

It would be a shame if Joel wasn't in TLoU2 though. He's such an interesting and mysterious dude, and the game leaves you with so many questions about his past.


You got it fella. Ellie was more likeable but Joel was the more interesting character. Simple. Smiley Wink

Ah, despite that be carefull what you wish for though. Learning too much about Joel would possibly make him less interesting. He's interesting because he's a bit of an enigma.


This. Basically yeah i really like Ellie, but she isn't as interesting as Joel. She's so open, you can always pretty sure say, if you ask her, she would answer you. This doesn't work by Joel.

Well, we will see whats coming next ; 3


But people like out-going characters! I wish girls actually were like that.

Instead, you aska girl and get a cryptic answer most of the time... Wrest my case.

Message 45 of 50 (141 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 05/17/2013
Offline
498 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

Nov 26, 2013
Most girls wanna talk about themselves. If your having girl problems just ask them questions and add a funny joke here or there. And rule #1 be yourself!

Back on topic.....I need that dlc release date.
Message 46 of 50 (136 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/20/2013
Offline
1335 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

Nov 27, 2013

burriizy wrote:
Most girls wanna talk about themselves. If your having girl problems just ask them questions and add a funny joke here or there. And rule #1 be yourself!

Back on topic.....I need that dlc release date.

You have better girls in your country then.

Here it's like 50/50. But you can usually tell just by looking at them Smiley Tongue

 

Back on topic....

Message 47 of 50 (117 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/02/2013
Offline
310 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

Dec 1, 2013

conquerator3 wrote:

burriizy wrote:
Most girls wanna talk about themselves. If your having girl problems just ask them questions and add a funny joke here or there. And rule #1 be yourself!

Back on topic.....I need that dlc release date.

You have better girls in your country then.

Here it's like 50/50. But you can usually tell just by looking at them Smiley Tongue

 

Back on topic....


Yeah, this might be a bit of a cliche but I find the pretty girls seem to be less open and approachable. Maybe it's because they feel like they don't have to try as hard........................

Message 48 of 50 (95 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 07/08/2013
Offline
41 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2013

no1_narwhal_fan wrote:

You got it fella. Ellie was more likeable but Joel was the more interesting character. Simple. Smiley Wink

Ah, despite that be carefull what you wish for though. Learning too much about Joel would possibly make him less interesting. He's interesting because he's a bit of an enigma.


I suppose part of the reason why I found Ellie more interesting is because I thought she was more enigmatic than Joel. It's easier for me to interpret Joel's mindset and motivations, even without him being as open. The fact that we don't know much about Ellie's backstory contributes to that. On top of that, there really aren't many female characters, let alone teenage ones, who serve as memorable protagonists in video games. Neil Druckmann said his goal with this story was to create one of the greatest female characters in any game, and I think he certainly achieved it.

 

Not to discredit how great of a character Joel is, but I've played as tons of other bada** male protagonists with fascinating character traits. I'm talking about men who have been become tormented by the events from their past, now capable of mowing down armies because they feel they have little to live for. I've seen it in many movies too. One of my other favorite games ever, the original Max Payne, has a similar scenario with Joel's backstory where the lead character fails to save his family and it changes him.

 

Of course, Max isn't anywhere near as fleshed out as Joel is. I'm just saying I don't think what Naughty Dog did with Joel is quite as innovative or fresh as the job they did creating Ellie. But hey, I love both characters so it doesn't matter Smiley Happy

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
"Dope beats, dope rhymes. This Hip Hop ain't really that hard."
Message 49 of 50 (75 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/09/2010
Offline
85 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

Dec 4, 2013

How do you know that you won't like it its nor even available yet

That!...According to the things i heard myself say about you...are the worst!!
Message 50 of 50 (64 Views)
Reply
0 Likes