Jun 19 2013
By: Baconis Splicer 42 posts

Naughty Dog please make a sequel!

[ Edited ]
25 replies 328 views Edited Jun 20, 2013

This game is Amazing!  one of the finest games ever!

But i found the ending kinda left me with that.... empty feeling.  It was a happy ending!!!  (THANK YOU!!!!)  but at the same time it was.... Disappointing.  Joel's happy but Ellie's miserable. 

I know ND's  methodology from  Back in the Uncharted Bonus Videos you can unlock.

They don't make a trilogy!  they make games based on how much the customers like the game! 

Basically put ND goes one game at a time!  And Doesn't Really plan beyond each title.

Joel and Ellie deserve another game... or two... (go one game at a time)  other Last of Us games could span a full year just like Last of Us 1 did.  as the games progress we could see Ellie getting older.  if there were 3 games, then we'd see ellie hit the age of 17.... or 18 since Last of us 1 spanned a year i guess she would be 15 by the end.

The Last of Us left off on a kinda depressing note, and any one who developed an emotional attachment to Joel and Ellie (like me)  :smileytongue:  would have ended off in a similar mood as Ellie did.  BUT still eternally greatful that Both Characters Survived!

Would like to see a game that eventually provides these characters with that happy ending where both of them are in high spirits.

Naughty Dog PLEASE avoid the Death Sacrifice Theme!!  it Destroyed Mass Effect (for the Fans and for me personally) and i for one would like to continue playing this game for many years to come!

There are ways to "Sacrifice" without Miaming or Killing a character!  Ellie in The Last of Us knows this well!  She sacrificed Alot "Of her self" during this Journey.  (mostly during the winter sequence) Denoted by her change in personality in the Spring Sequence.

Edited next day:

a Sequel with Joel and Ellie would ruin the Ending of this game?  The mood is already soured by Ellie's depression, and yes it almost seems like she knew joel was lying.  So long as their Writers did it correctly a sequel with Joel and Ellie would be successful!...  i do however agree with adding a new character or two to future sequels, but i still believe that it should focus on Joel and Ellie.  Maybe Joel's little white lye damages their relationship and Ellie sets out to find the truth with a new friend, while joel follows after he learns she's left with his new friend.  perhaps a new story could focus on repairing that relationship?

"Some times i find myself wondering, is it all worth fighting for.... for a future without fear.... ya its worth it!" ~ Kris Redfield, Resident evil 5

"I don't need luck, i've got ammo!" ~Grunt, Mass Effect 3

"After everything we've been through.... After Everything i've done.... It can't all be for nothing." ~Ellie, The Last of Us

"...Hold onto your Morales and Die or do whatever it takes to survive..." ~ Ellie, The Last of Us TV spot
Message 1 of 26 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Re: Naughty Dog please make a sequel!

Jun 19, 2013

I would tend to agree that the ending felt a bit empty. Which is why I believe that some sort of continuation is in order via DLC. 

Most would disagree.

Message 2 of 26 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6253 posts

Jun 20, 2013

sequel would ruin it

photo Sniper.png
Message 3 of 26 (317 Views)
Splicer
50 posts

Jun 20, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

sequel would ruin it

I would like to take your argument into consideration, but there is a lack of reasoning and supporting details. 

Mind to provide some reasoning with your statement?

Message 4 of 26 (309 Views)
Sackboy
568 posts

Jun 20, 2013

It wouldn't ruin it, if they do it may not even have Joel or Ellie in it. I want Joel and Ellie in a sequel, but at the same time I don't see what they could tell and it may be better to just have new characters with a new story.

Message 5 of 26 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Jun 20, 2013

JOSH55886 wrote:

It wouldn't ruin it, if they do it may not even have Joel or Ellie in it. I want Joel and Ellie in a sequel, but at the same time I don't see what they could tell and it may be better to just have new characters with a new story.

Yeah, I agree with some of this. I personally really want Ellie and Joel back for a potential sequel. I agree with the fact that I am unsure what story they can tell.

I can think of a few things off the top of my head, but right now they are more or less in "idea limbo."

BUT, I do have a certain trust in ND to come up with something compelling. They just made one of the most critically acclaimed games this generation has seen.

Right now they are made out of gold.

Message 6 of 26 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6253 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Ozgood23 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

sequel would ruin it

I would like to take your argument into consideration, but there is a lack of reasoning and supporting details. 

Mind to provide some reasoning with your statement?

An entire game continuing Joel and Ellie's adventure would ruin said story. Another sequel in the same world from another view seems possible. The thing that made this game great is their relationship and watching it grow, watching Ellie interact with this and seeing cold-hearted Joel slowly transform. Ultimately seeing him do anything for her, even becoming so selfish and such. Maybe a snipit DLC story, but an entire game revolving around either character or both will ruin the mood of the ending of this one.

Chances are they are going to go to Tommy's and live there. There would be no reason to leave from that area on another epic adventure that won't feel forced.

I'm all for a game with the same style and setting, but a continuation of Joel and Ellie's story no.

photo Sniper.png
Message 7 of 26 (283 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

Rather than a sequel or continuation i would like an option like "Free Mode" where i can play as Ellie and upgrade her skills after beating the game, maybe pick a "follower" from a list of premade's or allow small customization of a follower?

The next thing i'd like to see is Joel and Ellie appearances in Multiplayer, or add a multiplayer game where players can be Clickers and the other team are Hunters, Firefly's, Ferdora or a mix of those. Just my thoughts.

Message 8 of 26 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

I Can See The Next Game Continuing Right At The Point where the first game ended. Tommy's Camp Is Raided, and the story is about Joel running away from the firefly's or fighting them by maybe: Trying To Get To Another Country; or Joel Joins Up With The Military or the Hunters To Fight The Firefly's.

They Came Without Warning... I Came Without Warning THEM.
Message 9 of 26 (258 Views)
Sackboy
568 posts

Jun 20, 2013

If ND makes either a prequel or a sequel, they really need to out-do themselves, not just better graphics and a new story, open world would be nice, but if not open world, definitely more open than this one. More game mechanics too.

Message 10 of 26 (251 Views)
0 Likes