Aug 16 2013
By: no1_narwhal_fan Lombax Warrior 229 posts

Naughty Dogs greatest game?

[ Edited ]
25 replies 487 views Edited Aug 16, 2013

So now that most people have completed the game and had time to reflect do people believe TLOU is Naughty Dogs finest moment?  Basically what I'm asking is has it beaten Uncharted 2? Personally I don't think there's a clear winner because I love both games and I think most sensible people can appreciate the quality of both. Plus, although the games have similarities they are also quite different, especially in their tone. If I was forced to chose though I'd go with Uncharted 2. TLOU has more polished gameplay and a deeper more emotive plot but Uncharted 2 had more jaw dropping moments, it just felt more............spectacular.

Message 1 of 26 (487 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Re: Naughty Dogs greatest game?

[ Edited ]
Aug 16, 2013

For me? The Last of Us - since I haven't gotten to play UC2 so I can't say anything about it. I have played UC3 though, but it wasn't as good as The Last of Us in my honest opinion, although still a good game.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 2 of 26 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Aug 16, 2013
I played all ND games,
and if 2 games of them on the same level then indeed it's uncharted 2 and the last of us.

Uncharted 2 has a great Story and a nice gameplay,
and man yeah Asia mythology is something i love to play with.

BUT

man, uncharted 2 is so unrealistic I don't know..
after the last of us many games just end up in no meanings for me.

you can't compare a realistic/human story with a fiction game...
and I personal didn't got heart running by uncharted 2

for me the last of us will be really really hard to beat for ND and I bet they only can beat it with a other tlou part..
"So don’t tell us we’d be happy with some other characters/games because the truth is, we’d just be more disappointed." - conquerator3

❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Ellie: I've listen to your lie, and your story. And I can't take it anymore.
Message 3 of 26 (447 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Aug 16, 2013

I would rate all the ND games I have played as following:

1. The Last of Us

2. Uncharted 2

3. Uncharted

4. Uncharted 3

Message 4 of 26 (435 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Aug 16, 2013

I still think Uncharted 2 is ND's finest game.. TLOU is better than U2 in a lot of ways. But looking back, during when U2 came out, it took me by surprise like no other games did this gen. U2 had higher highs. I've never felt the intesity waivered on that game. It just kept on building up. Right after beating U2, I was like "darn is that the best game i've ever played?".

TLOU to me w/o question is a great game. But it felt as if TPS games of this gen are supposed to be this good. So the surprise/wow factor wasnt there or isn't as strong as it was compared to U2. So right after beating the game, I knew its one of the best i've played. Though I'm kind of certain it didn't surpass U2 in my books. Kinda unfair now that I think about it. If it was TLOU that was launched in 2009, and U2 launched in 2011, will i still think U2 is ND's best game? idk. maybe not. 

Will my U2>TLOU opinion change? As time goes by, probably.

+============================================================+
Message 5 of 26 (432 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Aug 17, 2013

What we all agree on is Uncharted 3 was ND's worst game.  

Message 6 of 26 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11234 posts

Aug 17, 2013

no1_narwhal_fan wrote:

-snip-

For me it's TLoU = U2 = Jak 2.

Message 7 of 26 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Aug 17, 2013
Uncharted 3 is their worst game?? You must be pretty young then.
Message 8 of 26 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1351 posts

Aug 17, 2013
For me, I'd have to say that honor goes to The Last of Us. Uncharted 2 was a brilliant game, but The Last of Us was so raw and emotional, and it managed to touch me in many different ways. The only games that have come close to making me feel so much for characters would be The Walking Dead and Heavy Rain. Uncharted 2 is a masterpiece, but isn't as much of an emotion-driven personal story because it's not supposed to be. My vote would have to be for The Last of Us.
Message 9 of 26 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Aug 17, 2013
As much as I love UC2...TLOU is on a whole different level, imo. I think it's their best.

Message 10 of 26 (360 Views)
0 Likes