Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 22 2013
By: DARK_JAK_911 Fender Bender 3091 posts

New Game Plus Question

10 replies 1308 views Edited Jun 22, 2013

I just finished the story on survivor difficulty and I've heard about people having issues (collectibles not carrying over, losing certain upgrades, etc.) when starting a "New Game Plus." After searching around on this forum I've seen a few posts from people saying to avoid issues you delete the patch and then start. 

Basically what I'm asking is, what's the best way to start "New Game Plus" to avoid having issues.

Also, is it possible to obtain "Everything We've Been Through" (Fully upgrade Joel with supplements) on Survivor+ since there is no listen mode?

Message 1 of 11 (1,308 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

Re: New Game Plus Question

Jun 22, 2013

I just started a new game plus. Everything worked fine. I havent downloaded any patches or update though. I play offline too

Message 2 of 11 (1,293 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Jun 22, 2013
When I start a new game plus should I save it on a new file or just do it over my current file
Message 3 of 11 (1,289 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jun 22, 2013

No one can really answer this at this point I think, I've been asking the same questions myself, some people played with patch and online and had no problems, I tried last night without the patch, I started Survivor + and when I got to my backpack I saw my pistol with increased magazine, so yea, it would seem the gun upgrades carried over fine (didn't play enough to reach the bench to make sure) tho my supplements were all messed up, I had maxed the health skill and the shiv one too in previous game, now I had 1/2 health upgraded not full and 1 shiv mastery and the rest that I had on lvl 2-3 were just lvl 0.

I have one theory about that which I am currently checking out, before I started new game plus I went to chapter select so I think it's possible that it messed up my upgrades, that's why now I'm trying it differently, I loaded the complete save game from main menu and from there went directly to new game plus without going through chapter select (got all collectible trophies anyway without the friggin' training manuals that I did everything I could for and still didn't pop). Oh and I am playing offline btw.

About the trophy you ask, I assume (since again no one could confirm this) that after you finish the Survivor + you'll need to start new game ++, probably on easy to earn the only listening skill upgrades, at least that's what I'm gonna do  if I won't get trophy after maxing all possible skills on Survivor +.

It's kinda depressing that we have to go through all this trouble and can't be sure we will get rewarded for it, even with the weird tweaks and "bypasses". =/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 11 (1,284 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Sorry for double post, I just confirmed it, to make sure your stats carry over make SURE you start new game plus from the complete game save file (LOAD the game with 100% completion then go DIRECTLY to new game plus without trying to pick stuff up from chapter select OR just load the 100% completion save AFTER you are done with chapter select searching). I did it this way and I only got 3 skills left to max. I think it's safe to say that if you get more supplements than what you need, they will carry over aswell and then you can just play again on lower difficulty up to the point where you pick up the backpack and pump the pills in listening mode skill if it will be necessery :smileyvery-happy: Hope this helps, I'm actually happy myself that it worked, gonna play through Survivor + after all and worry about last collectible trophy (manuals) later.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 11 (1,257 Views)
Survivor
2576 posts

Jun 22, 2013

YaBoiobZ wrote:
When I start a new game plus should I save it on a new file or just do it over my current file

I saved it on a new file and the upgrades to weapons and Joel carried over.

Message 6 of 11 (1,210 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Yea thanks for figuring that out I wasn't sure whether or not that was the way to do it. Thanks!
Message 7 of 11 (1,034 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4119 posts

Jun 25, 2013
So just so were on the same page, survivor plus is confirmed to be bugged right?
Message 8 of 11 (1,023 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Survivor+ works fine for me
Message 9 of 11 (1,015 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 30, 2013

thank you very much, i was so confused after beating survivor plus i chapter selected twice for trophy clea up and went to start last run through on easy my upgrades were mostly all gone.

onward to plat!

Message 10 of 11 (903 Views)
0 Likes