Survivor
2230 posts

Re: New Game Plus

Jun 24, 2013
Slightly off topic but can someone ease enlighten me?

I beat the game on normal. Found a ton of the collectibles. Question is: I want to start a Survival play through. Should I save my new survival game over (and overwrite) my completed normal save? After overwriting will I still have my collectibles??"

Thanks
--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 31 of 54 (476 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Sooo, I beat the game on Normal; where's my unlimited Ammo, Shiv's and Hand-held weapons??? WTH Naughty Dog??? You Beat the game ONE time, you find parts and you should GET Unlimited Ammo. It's a video game; what happened to almost every game created having cheat-codes or really cool unlockables??? Im done with the game and taking it back; I know the story and want to play the story again; minus spending +hours all over again finding ammo and breaking shivs and two-by fours, etc.  =(

Message 32 of 54 (466 Views)
Sackboy
428 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Berserker228 wrote:

Sooo, I beat the game on Normal; where's my unlimited Ammo, Shiv's and Hand-held weapons??? WTH Naughty Dog??? You Beat the game ONE time, you find parts and you should GET Unlimited Ammo. It's a video game; what happened to almost every game created having cheat-codes or really cool unlockables??? Im done with the game and taking it back; I know the story and want to play the story again; minus spending +hours all over again finding ammo and breaking shivs and two-by fours, etc.  =(

I think his turning, quick everybody get away!!

TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Message 33 of 54 (454 Views)
Splicer
64 posts

I think the game should have let you keep all your guns.

Jun 25, 2013

I think the game should have let you keep all your guns.

2.0+ K/D and 2.0 - 5.0+ W/L on any COD , BF3, Resistance 3, and The last of us
Message 34 of 54 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Sorry haven't read all the post, but I've completed the game on Normal, Survivor and Survivor +

If you want to play Survivor mode you must beat it on at least normal I believe.

If you want to  play Survivor+ you must beat the game on Survivor.

Survivor + will give you your weapon upgrades when those weapons become availible in the game, you will also get your attributes skills upgraded and that is all!  

If you want an easy way to beat survivor you won't get it, you will have to earn it.

Survivor + wasn't easier because of the upgrades, you still had very little ammo and health and really could not tell a difference because my upgrades were not much in Survivor mode. 

Your ammo, health is the same no change and it is very little.

You will have to find the paths where you can use stealth and stay away from combat if you can. 

It was very hard and very draining. I think I died 377 times on survivor but cut that down to less than 200 on Survivor+ 

only because I had a plan the second time around.

Now I'm going to take a break and play it on easy+  to get all my collectables,

I wouldn't even worry about collectables on survivor mode. If you find them good if not move on. 

I play for Fun, Life is too Short
Message 35 of 54 (435 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 25, 2013

I know you can keep doing new game plus (it took me 3 playthroughs on normal to get all upgrades for Joel and Weapons) but I was wondering if anyone's tried the following.

If you've completed it on Survivor + can you do new game + on an easier difficulty or does it have to be survivor?

Once you've done that, could you then change the difficulty back to Survivor to play through with all upgrades (seeing as you'd already completed Survivor + originally)?

My plan is to complete Survivor then go through it once on easy to finish upgrading Joel, then play through again on Survivor with all the upgrades. Or do I have to keep playing on Survivor and slowly level him up over about 10 playthroughs!

I couldn't even open all the Shiv doors on my Survivor playthrough, so think I might've missed manuals etc..

Am I making any sense??

Thanks!

Message 36 of 54 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Jun 25, 2013

bilkyboy88 wrote:

I know you can keep doing new game plus (it took me 3 playthroughs on normal to get all upgrades for Joel and Weapons) but I was wondering if anyone's tried the following.

If you've completed it on Survivor + can you do new game + on an easier difficulty or does it have to be survivor?

Once you've done that, could you then change the difficulty back to Survivor to play through with all upgrades (seeing as you'd already completed Survivor + originally)?

My plan is to complete Survivor then go through it once on easy to finish upgrading Joel, then play through again on Survivor with all the upgrades. Or do I have to keep playing on Survivor and slowly level him up over about 10 playthroughs!

I couldn't even open all the Shiv doors on my Survivor playthrough, so think I might've missed manuals etc..

Am I making any sense??

Thanks!

You can choose an easier difficulty in NG+, but I'm not sure about switching it back. I don't think it's a huge benefit being fully kitted and upgraded in Survivor. The supplies are still scarce as hell; being able to aim straight probably won't keep you from burning ammo. Save using shivs on enemies for shiv doors. Far as I can tell there's just enough supplies to make just enough shivs to unlock all the shiv doors.

First Son
15 posts

Jun 25, 2013
The way I understand it, you don't receive the guns from the very start but you earn them like you did in the last play through. Thankfully all of your weapon upgrades will still be there Smiley Happy
"No matter what, you keep finding something to fight for" - Joel, The Last of Us
Message 38 of 54 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Jun 25, 2013

My trophies are bugged!! I started the survivor mode in a new save slot but no artifacts nor pendants are shown in the statistics! Any idea how to fix this? Why hasn't Naughty Dog done something by now???

My website: http://rlclick.weebly.com/
The Last of Us photo tumblr_mo3m8cncvK1qhjcgto1_250.gifEllie-Ranch photo tumblr_mp0o9g0nIR1qkm8keo5_250.gif
Message 39 of 54 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4488 posts

Jun 25, 2013

I started a NG+ on normal after I did my NG+ Survivor run. You keep all the upgrades for each weapon and all the pills and nuts and bolts that you had at the end of your game. Now I am just doing a final playthrough of this game(played it about 4 times) to get the rest of the collectibles. Who would think that pendants were hanging on trees? After I get everything done than I will try the multiplayer and try to get those trophies.

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 40 of 54 (350 Views)
0 Likes