Monster Hunter
35 posts

Re: New Game Plus

Jun 19, 2013

most games dont let you do that actually... or what people will do is play on easy and stock up alot of items then play on hard and have an easier start... if you really want to play hard then you shouldnt have any problem starting from scratch for the challenge

Message 21 of 54 (843 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Jun 19, 2013

TGPomy9795 wrote:

peck_godofwar wrote:
I like NG+ is going be this way because like Batman:Arkham City is increase replayability not like generic NG+ that you can overpowered the enemy at beginning.

But if people didn't want to be overpowering, then they would do New Game regular instead of NG+.  NG+ is made to be overpowering for a change....

This. What's the point of NG+ otherwise? If I don't want to feel overpowered I play normal game. 

TLOU Ellie Signature photo Snowysignature2_zps1e7a159e.png
Message 22 of 54 (823 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Jun 19, 2013

So....what's the point of New Game+?

Message 23 of 54 (795 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

Jun 19, 2013

lol i was a little disappointed too.  BUT heres how new game plus works:

It Doesn't:

Keep your collectables. (comics, Notes and Letters, pendants)

Give you your guns right off the bat.

It Does:

Give you all unlocked upgrades. (Joel's Suppliment upgrades, all weapon upgrades)

keeps all Training Manuals founds.

And there are achievements for beating the Game on All difficulties, as well as all Difficulty New game+  (individually)

so yes in order to unlock New game plus on a specific difficulty you must beat said difficulty first.

i was a bit disappointed that there was no infinite ammo feature under unlockable (however this is a Survival game so i suppose infinite ammo, would cheapen the experience a bit) Smiley Tongue

"Some times i find myself wondering, is it all worth fighting for.... for a future without fear.... ya its worth it!" ~ Kris Redfield, Resident evil 5

"I don't need luck, i've got ammo!" ~Grunt, Mass Effect 3

"After everything we've been through.... After Everything i've done.... It can't all be for nothing." ~Ellie, The Last of Us

"...Hold onto your Morales and Die or do whatever it takes to survive..." ~ Ellie, The Last of Us TV spot
Message 24 of 54 (726 Views)
First Son
18 posts

Jun 19, 2013
I can't believe this is just now being explained fully........thanks!
Message 25 of 54 (682 Views)
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Jun 19, 2013
Baconis, I believe that is wrong. Considering, my Training Manuals are all gone, and all my upgrades are gone as well. If that is a glitch, how can I fix it.
Message 26 of 54 (615 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jun 24, 2013

SupremeNinja21 wrote:
Baconis, I believe that is wrong. Considering, my Training Manuals are all gone, and all my upgrades are gone as well. If that is a glitch, how can I fix it.

I believe that is a glitch.

Message 27 of 54 (518 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 24, 2013

I agree.  One of the perks of completing a game is to go back and wreak havoc with all the tools you collect the first go round.  I was looking forward to going back with the flamethrower and burning all the clickers that got the best of me before.  Sigh- doesn’t look like that is in the cards.  Maybe the will come out with a patch. 

Message 28 of 54 (482 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 24, 2013

I've got a question.

Since I'm nearing the end of my survivor playthrough, presumably I'll be able to do new game plus on any difficulty (as when I did normal I was offered the option of normal or easy)? 

So I could go through it again on Easy to collect all of the upgrades etc.

Could I then new game plus that save on Survivor difficulty and keep all the upgrades or would I have to keep playing on Survivor difficulty in order to collect everything? Because I don't know about you guys but I definitely won't get all upgrades in one or two playthroughs on Survivor because there isn't enough tools/supplements and I keep missing Shiv doors because I can't find any materials to craft them!

Does anyone know, I can't find the answer to this anywhere!

Message 29 of 54 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4786 posts

Jun 24, 2013

bilkyboy88 wrote:

I've got a question.

Since I'm nearing the end of my survivor playthrough, presumably I'll be able to do new game plus on any difficulty (as when I did normal I was offered the option of normal or easy)? 

So I could go through it again on Easy to collect all of the upgrades etc.

Could I then new game plus that save on Survivor difficulty and keep all the upgrades or would I have to keep playing on Survivor difficulty in order to collect everything? Because I don't know about you guys but I definitely won't get all upgrades in one or two playthroughs on Survivor because there isn't enough tools/supplements and I keep missing Shiv doors because I can't find any materials to craft them!

Does anyone know, I can't find the answer to this anywhere!

I am going through on my surivor +  runthrough now. Once I unlock or get the trophies for doing all the + runthrough, I want to do another runthrough to open all the doors with shivs on Normal +. Will my upgrades and everything that I collected still be available on my next run?

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 30 of 54 (465 Views)
0 Likes