Jun 18 2013
By: cstxZ First Son 1 posts
Accepted Solution

New game+ question

[ Edited ]
3 replies 302 views Edited Jun 18, 2013

Decided to swap from medium to hard about  half way through and when I finished it I only had the option to start new game+ on medium. So my question is can i just go through chapter select and just complete those chapters on hard and have new game+ on hard mode unlocked?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
428 posts

Re: New game+ question

Jun 18, 2013
There is only one way to find out aint there?
TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (279 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
28995 posts

Jun 18, 2013

I just finished the game on Normal. I'm trying to play on a harder difficulty. Can you carry over your achievements during the game – items you've found etc – or do you have to start completely over. I know with Uncharted you could transfer over your treasures. What about level ups for weapons and Joel? I didn't earn those trophies first play through. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1566 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 18, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I just finished the game on Normal. I'm trying to play on a harder difficulty. Can you carry over your achievements during the game – items you've found etc – or do you have to start completely over. I know with Uncharted you could transfer over your treasures. What about level ups for weapons and Joel? I didn't earn those trophies first play through. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

You can only start New Game Plus on the same difficulty you originally started your game on. (I.e you would only be able to play on Normal Plus.) You'll have to start a new game on a harder difficulty to do any New Game Plus on a higher difficulty.

Only collectibles carry over, nothing else.

EDIT: to the OP, yes you can.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (227 Views)
0 Likes