Mar 28 2013
By: rickyEfs_97 Hekseville Citizen 391 posts

No Draza Boss

13 replies 2617 views Edited Mar 28, 2013

I'm replaying Uncharted 2 on crushing and I've just beaten Lieutenant Draza, who is not that difficult compared to other bosses (Lazarevic) but he kinda didn't fit in the context of the game and I know there are these supernatural monsters that take like 10000000 bullets to die, but I mean the guy has his arms exposed, as well as his face and you throw at him 2 grenades and shoot an entire round of an M4 combined with the power of the Moss 12 but apparently he still has the energy to run at you.

My point with this thread is make the game as difficult as you want, make the boss fights as tough as you want, but make them have sense in the grounded world you want to create.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (2,617 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Re: No Draza Boss

Mar 28, 2013

Well I mean, Nate took a Dessert-5 shot to the abdomen and survived a train crash/bleeding-out. So, Draza's not too crazy haha.  

But, rest assured, I'm sure (least I hope so) TLoU's not going to have a final boss that's mastered the cordecyeps infection, becoming all powerful. Like Wesker or something.  

I'm sure they'll come up with something creative, that suits the TLoU universe/theme.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (2,256 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Mar 28, 2013
I think I remember ND saying that there wouldn't be traditional boss fights in the game. I'd like a stealth-based boss fight. Lets say Joel is being pursued by an elite military squad in an abandoned mansion. He can't take them on directly cos they have tons of ammo and would just cut him to pieces. Instead he'll have to separate the squad and take them out silently one by one using traps, improvised weaponry, and environmental aids.
 photo 492afe7a-5d47-473d-9476-3a8036a31d5b_zps4955703f.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (2,253 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2838 posts

Mar 29, 2013

rickyEfs_97 wrote:

I'm replaying Uncharted 2 on crushing and I've just beaten Lieutenant Draza, who is not that difficult compared to other bosses (Lazarevic) but he kinda didn't fit in the context of the game and I know there are these supernatural monsters that take like 10000000 bullets to die, but I mean the guy has his arms exposed, as well as his face and you throw at him 2 grenades and shoot an entire round of an M4 combined with the power of the Moss 12 but apparently he still has the energy to run at you.

My point with this thread is make the game as difficult as you want, make the boss fights as tough as you want, but make them have sense in the grounded world you want to create.

I don't really care for realism in games, I just want it to be fun, but I don't think you have to worry about The Last of Us though, Naughty Dog goes for a very realistic approach... *listen mode comes to my mind* ... nevermind, I think The Last of Us will have such boss battles and other unreal moments that make no sense at all :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (2,071 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Mar 29, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

rickyEfs_97 wrote:

I don't really care for realism in games, I just want it to be fun, but I don't think you have to worry about The Last of Us though, Naughty Dog goes for a very realistic approach... *listen mode comes to my mind* ... nevermind, I think The Last of Us will have such boss battles and other unreal moments that make no sense at all :smileytongue:

Since the game was announced Naughty Dog has described TLOU as "the story about Joel and Ellie, set in a post pandemic world 20 years after a big outbreak took place." But they have always said that they're aiming for a realistic gameplay (LISTEN MODE) that makes you feel inmersed and invested in the story, setting and characters.

This realistic approach to gameplay has abviously to be fun, so they could create, as NazzyQ said, confrontations against the militia where you have to use strategy. That would be awesome if done well.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (482 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Mar 29, 2013

NazzyQ wrote:
I think I remember ND saying that there wouldn't be traditional boss fights in the game. I'd like a stealth-based boss fight. Lets say Joel is being pursued by an elite military squad in an abandoned mansion. He can't take them on directly cos they have tons of ammo and would just cut him to pieces. Instead he'll have to separate the squad and take them out silently one by one using traps, improvised weaponry, and environmental aids.

I would like that

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (475 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2585 posts

Mar 29, 2013

NazzyQ wrote:

Reminds me of the closing act of Skyfall.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
5078 posts

Mar 30, 2013

NazzyQ wrote:

The game is not an Uncharted game, and I think ^this might be for the best. But I happen not to be a huge fan of stealth, so hopefully the game doesn't make me use stealth too often. 

id.png

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
604 posts

Apr 3, 2013

To be honest I'd still like for there to be a boss of some kind. Maybe not a buff daddy based on a new strain of cordyceps, but maybe a sniper from the military? Then again that drifts away from Boss to just enemy variation. I dunno. But a segment - as NazzyQ had said - dedicated to stealth, I can appreciate those boss fights. Not the ones where you mash attack and hope for the best but the ones like Mr.Fries from Arkham City (Still my favourite boss fight in gaming history), the ones that require a good strategy and patience

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (299 Views)
Fender Bender
2838 posts

Apr 3, 2013

Lt_K4RL0S wrote:

To be honest I'd still like for there to be a boss of some kind. Maybe not a buff daddy based on a new strain of cordyceps, but maybe a sniper from the military? Then again that drifts away from Boss to just enemy variation. I dunno. But a segment - as NazzyQ had said - dedicated to stealth, I can appreciate those boss fights. Not the ones where you mash attack and hope for the best but the ones like Mr.Fries from Arkham City (Still my favourite boss fight in gaming history), the ones that require a good strategy and patience

totally agree, also about mr. freeze being the best boss battle ever, I loved it :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (284 Views)
0 Likes