Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Re: No Draza Boss

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2013

When Nazzy said what he thought about a boss fight, it reminded me of Manhunt. It had you pitted up against elite military, who were much better equipped than you and outnumbered you. 

This is basically a visual representation of what Nazzy was saying.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izCFsSx3GMI  0:30

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 14 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4078 posts

Apr 3, 2013
Thats the main issue with bosses with uncharted, it's hard to make it make since.... Now Uncharted 2's did have some logic behind it, but still it was a bit far fetched.

As for Last of us, i don't know. I don't think a boss is out of the question, it is possible the infected could mutate to different stages (hopefully they do )
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 14 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1194 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2013

Draza was a nice throwback to traditional games (in a linear game with automatic jumping an overall hand-holding) and one that surprised me for the best. It was one of the few parts of the game that required you to use your brain/skills, and a similar mini-boss battle would absolutely fit The Last of Us and make it more of a game, something this studio clearly has to understand (that games are games).

Thankfully, everything we've seen about gameplay seems to be going that way and this won't be a cinematic "move forward with left stick" to complete like Uncharted 3 was. Uncharted 2 was the maximum "cinematic" a game should ever get. Otherwise it's just a non-replayable and potentially easy and boring interactive movie.

Now Lazarevic was an awful boss. So was Talbot, though this one was bad because it was awfully uninspired, Lazarevic's had just bad design.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 14 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Apr 3, 2013

I liked both Lazarevic and Talbot, but Talbot, although being more realistic, was very easy. I think games can be realistic and partially cinematic. Developers can make realistic and challenging bosses without having to compromise gameplay.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 14 (90 Views)
0 Likes