Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
520 posts

Re: No Numbered Rankings in Multiplayer

Feb 19, 2013

KDR is hard to hide, bro.

But if they give many points for doing teamwork stuff (like BF3) or stylish stuff (AC3), people will play nicely. It may seem like the standard player obssesses only with KDR, but it is actually a matter of points in general. Give points for other stuff and they will chase the bone.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 27 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Feb 19, 2013

It's hard to hide in each match, sure. But what I mean is that it shouldn't be documented externally, as a total.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 27 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Not even for yourself?

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 27 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
8228 posts

Feb 19, 2013
For yourself to view? Yes. But not for everyone in the lobby or game to see. However, you should still be able to see how you did in a match of course.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 27 (178 Views)
Naughty Host
8228 posts

Apr 12, 2013

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 27 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13259 posts

Apr 12, 2013

plaZeHD7 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:
I don't want them. I'm not just talking about leaderboards. I'm also talking about the little number next to your name. These "skill" levels just create misery for everyone involved. How many countless n00bs (as in new players) are discouraged everyday in multiplayer games because they see players with extremely high numbers next to their names? I only want the ability to check players' stats online with a computer on ND's website. You should not have the ability, in any way, to check another person's statistics, of any degree, ingame. Now, some of you may ask, how can we possibly be expressive to other players? Simple. We kill the Batman(jk). We can decorate nameplates that show up when one clicks your name in the lobby. These decorations can range from backgrounds to nicknames, like COD or PASBR. This notion of not having rankings also maintains the realism of TLOU, of not knowing what you will encounter, the idea of human unpredictability. Thoughts?

Should only be visible to the player. Off topic, but I don't want to see players name in a match, it makes the game unattractive and messed up and no KDR either.

If that happens and the game is actually decent online it will be my most liked game for a while.

I hate stats all they do is create misery and quitting.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 27 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
8228 posts

Apr 13, 2013

11 Kudos, wow. I didn't expect that.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 27 (58 Views)
0 Likes