Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
19 posts

Re: No Sequel For The Last of Us!

Jun 22, 2013
if you type them in your url something different happens than when you type in a page name that doesn't exist
http://img.ledanji.com/other/gossip/201303/17/gossip_20130317095009340160.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 97 (718 Views)
Fender Bender
3855 posts

Jun 22, 2013

white_fang_406 wrote:

i heard the ips The Last of Us 2 and The Last of Us 3 were registered already

No doubt. Doesnt mean anything though - theyve probably registered U4, U5, U6, up to U10 already "just in case"

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 97 (708 Views)
Wastelander
666 posts

Jun 22, 2013

I don't know, I would actually like to see their story progress. I would like to see Ellie and Joel as a real team with an older Ellie. Could pull off a co op campaign this way, that would be nice to see. I feel the story was told but I love the characters too much to just say goodbye already, ya know?

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 97 (703 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
421 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Litsa_Kardassis wrote:

I don't know, I would actually like to see their story progress. I would like to see Ellie and Joel as a real team with an older Ellie. Could pull off a co op campaign this way, that would be nice to see. I feel the story was told but I love the characters too much to just say goodbye already, ya know?

I feel the same way. I'd love a direct sequel for several reasons, won't go into spoilers though...

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 97 (696 Views)
Splicer
63 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

*SPOILER COMMENT*

someone said it would be cool to have a sequel with an older Elli which is cool idea but remember, Joel is pretty old. Late 40s correct me if im wrong, the guy wont be able to do as much after a few more years. so if there is a sequel, it should be right after part 1. This will play out perfectly. like resistance 2 took place literary right after the events of resistance fall of man. Great story BTW.

also the story of Joel and Elli is not over. There are still threats surrounding them. The infected are still there. And from the looks of it, due to the ending in T.L.O.U. , the infected  will still be there for a long while.

*EXAMPLE*

they can make a sequel about how the remaining fireflies seek revenge and hunt down Elli and Joel. Instead of Joel and Elli looking for the fire flies. The fire flies are looking for them :smileywink: and it can start off by the fireflies destroying  joels brothers hide out by ambushing them but Joel and Elli manage to escape. From there on they run through the country going through yet another journey trying to stay hidden from fireflies and what not.

idk something like that, there's definitely a lot that can be done for a sequel.

it would make a perfect PS4 exclusive  

--------------------------------------------

On a side note, Naughty Dog said they will release DLC for the SP which i hope its not some kind of alternate ending or levels after the ending. The reason why i say that is because T.L.O.U. already has a perfect ending that shouldnt be edited because the old saying goes "If it aint broke, dont fix it"

2.0+ K/D and 2.0 - 5.0+ W/L on any COD , BF3, Resistance 3, and The last of us
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 97 (682 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

Jun 22, 2013

New charicters same world.. i feel like TLOU colectable tell alot of diffrent peoples story, I really wanted to meet ish * mole man..* 

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 97 (653 Views)
Splicer
58 posts

Jun 23, 2013

*spoilers for realsies*

I was satisfied with TLoU's ending, I can read it as closure, there's no cliffhanger. yet I wanted to know more of Ellie and Joel's story. There is the scenario of a sequel being a sin, but after some thought it doesn't seem like continuing their story would be impossible or stand in the shadow of the initial game. A clever writer could do something with it, and from what I've experienced in TLoU it has a very clever writer.

The one thing that bugs me is Joel lying to Ellie's face. She could continue living being ignorant of what happened at the hospital, but if she ever found out Joel killed Marlene it could tear them apart. In that last scene I got the feeling something would be done for a sequel; sort of like an unlikely sequel, like the Bourne movies where it wraps up yet it's managed to continue.

594 posts

Jun 23, 2013
I think after this kind of reception, Sony will at least try to pressure ND to make a sequel
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 97 (587 Views)
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 23, 2013

I would love to see a sequel on this one!

It's true, they would really need to think things trough really good, but man this is by far the best game I've ever played. Actually naughty dog is the main reason I own ps3 now. Started of at xbox, but then played uncharted at a friends place. Then bought ps3, and now for sure ps4 is coming also. Xbox is done for me.

I think it's really special to play a game that touches you. While I am usually not so affected by the " emotional" aspect of games, this one had a couple of scenes that made me just stare at the screen for a second.. what the * just happened....

I love the characters, and would really enjoy to have more adventures with them. Alltough it felt like a proper ending, I just don't want it to end!!

As for the DLC, I would'nt be surprised if this is going to be gameplay with one of the sidecharacters. Playing as yoel's brother for example, and see what he's been trough before you meet up again.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 97 (564 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

I think it would be dumb to not make a sequel, but it wou...

Jun 23, 2013

I think it would be dumb to not make a sequel, but it would also be dumb to make a sequel with Joel and Ellie again, their story is done, lets go to a diffrent part of the world with different characteres

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 97 (538 Views)
0 Likes