First Son
25 posts

Re: No Sequel For The Last of Us!

[ Edited ]
Jun 23, 2013
I can understand why some people like yourself are saying no seq.... but i disagree, if they make a seq without ellie and joel the connection would be lost, these where amazing charactors ( and the whole cast mind you ) to be connected with and id LOVE TO SEE A SEQ!!! but about 5years later... and ellie was to find out the truth and it goes from there, conflict then maybe resolution and the people who felt it ended in the first game simply dont buy it but it must go on and if it does ellie and joel must be in it, new charactors would just feel like re-hashing, continuation is the way it should be.... maybe as i said as an example,joels lie becomes truth.
cheers
Message 21 of 97 (422 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jun 23, 2013

HAIRYMAN-13 wrote:
I can understand why some people like yourself are saying no seq.... but i disagree, if they make a seq without ellie and joel the connection would be lost, these where amazing charactors ( and the whole cast mind you ) to be connected with and id LOVE TO SEE A SEQ!!! but about 5years later... and ellie was to find out the truth and it goes from there, conflict then maybe resolution and the people who felt it ended in the first game simply dont buy it but it must go on and uf it does ellie and joel must be in it!
cheers

no, if ellie finds out the complete truth itll ruin the ending of the first one, pretty sure naughty dog and all of their glory can make another game with such a connection between two people, hell they did it in an hour with henry and sam

Message 22 of 97 (419 Views)
Wastelander
666 posts

Jun 23, 2013

With a sequel following these two I think it really has to build on everything done in the first and really add something new to the story that makes you say "Oh i see why this needed to be told" You could have the fireflies attack or word get out and have tons of groups hunting down Ellie in search for a cure but that is pretty straight forward I would throw in twists like the infection is getting worse and she could be dying throughout the game as a result. 

It can't just be as straight forward of a story like this one was(until Joel strated caring for her), I think it needs even more grey area and room for you to question motives. Oh and Older Ellie(just a year or two) and Co Op campaign. I think it would be great but thats just me.

Message 23 of 97 (417 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jun 23, 2013

a coop campaign would completely destroy the immersion of these games.

Message 24 of 97 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
666 posts

Jun 23, 2013

I think it would be a nice option for new game plus or something. Would keep it from being repetitive. 

Message 25 of 97 (406 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jun 23, 2013
theklassklown, Again i disagree, thats what would make it so interesting ellie finding out all the years later, being older now how would she react, would she be angry causing distance between the two or understand why joel did what he had to do... and im sure ND could expand this in a way that would def work
Message 26 of 97 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jun 23, 2013

HAIRYMAN-13 wrote:
theklassklown, Again i disagree, thats what would make it so interesting ellie finding out all the years later, being older now how would she react, would she be angry causing distance between the two or understand why joel did what he had to do... and im sure ND could expand this in a way that would def work

considering her face looked like she had an idea that joel was lying I dont think it would be that much of a surprise if she found out completley

Message 27 of 97 (395 Views)
First Son
25 posts

Jun 23, 2013
as much as i say want to say yes to co-op, im gonna have to say no, i think you would lose that personal journey while playing, and def when it is a game like this
Message 28 of 97 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jun 23, 2013

HAIRYMAN-13 wrote:
as much as i say want to say yes to co-op, im gonna have to say no, i think you would lose that personal journey while playing, and def when it is a game like this

agreed, I wouldnt mind a seperate coop mode, but coop being part of the main campaign would ruin it

Message 29 of 97 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
666 posts

Jun 23, 2013

Like I said, make it a bonus for New Game+, would really up the replay value to me, would be a whole new game.

Message 30 of 97 (381 Views)
0 Likes