Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Re: No Sequel For The Last of Us!

Jun 23, 2013

it would be the same game, just without the imersion factor. and the seriousness tone would be lost.

Message 31 of 97 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
666 posts

Jun 23, 2013

Yeah but you know everything that has happened. Playing a second time knowing what to expect I lost that immersion anyways.

Message 32 of 97 (337 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jun 23, 2013

that is true, but id really like some sort of coop campaign, but just not the main campaign

Message 33 of 97 (333 Views)
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jun 23, 2013

Thats like if Bethesda made Fallout (as if it just came out) and then never touch the subject again. I mean sure i really wish i could see more of Ellie, but they could make other characters and expand the universe with tons and tons of lore.

Message 34 of 97 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
82 posts

Jun 23, 2013

I feel it was really well concluded, and trying to add a whole new chapter to that saga would just detract from all the experience and emotional attachment with the characters and story. If they had to do something, I would opt for a completely separate story in the same universe. Different characters, setting etc.

Message 35 of 97 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jun 23, 2013

Pretty old interview, June 7, Neil Druckmann said this: 

"I think the world is ripe for more stories, but as far as the journey Joel and Ellie goes on it ends with this game. We were very conscious that we didn't want to leave this story dangling. If we never do a sequel we're OK with it, because we told the story we needed to tell."

Source: http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/13222.html

I think everything is still possible tho Smiley Tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 36 of 97 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Jun 24, 2013

SuicideDrug wrote:

*SPOILER COMMENT*

someone said it would be cool to have a sequel with an older Elli which is cool idea but remember, Joel is pretty old. Late 40s correct me if im wrong, the guy wont be able to do as much after a few more years. so if there is a sequel, it should be right after part 1. This will play out perfectly. like resistance 2 took place literary right after the events of resistance fall of man. Great story BTW.

also the story of Joel and Elli is not over. There are still threats surrounding them. The infected are still there. And from the looks of it, due to the ending in T.L.O.U. , the infected  will still be there for a long while.

*EXAMPLE*

they can make a sequel about how the remaining fireflies seek revenge and hunt down Elli and Joel. Instead of Joel and Elli looking for the fire flies. The fire flies are looking for them Smiley Wink and it can start off by the fireflies destroying  joels brothers hide out by ambushing them but Joel and Elli manage to escape. From there on they run through the country going through yet another journey trying to stay hidden from fireflies and what not.

idk something like that, there's definitely a lot that can be done for a sequel.

it would make a perfect PS4 exclusive  

--------------------------------------------

On a side note, Naughty Dog said they will release DLC for the SP which i hope its not some kind of alternate ending or levels after the ending. The reason why i say that is because T.L.O.U. already has a perfect ending that shouldnt be edited because the old saying goes "If it aint broke, dont fix it"

Thats disgusting. I don't want Tommy's hideout to get destroyed lol. Jeez...

Message 37 of 97 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Jun 24, 2013
@Yonshou: I said an older Ellie DLC would be a good idea.

Have Joel either to old or dead, and an older Ellie doing something so we can see how the world has changed, or something like that.

To be honest, I just don't want to see Ellie go away. Her and Joel were so great, but Ellie made the game for me, and I'd honestly not have bought the game if Ellie was not in it.

Ellie, being so young, puts a lot more emotional attachment to the game. In other words, you just don't want anything to happen to someone so young.

And they can't replace her with some other young child... I freakin hated Sam and he didn't even replace her! He was 'just there'

But honestly, I don't know what else Joel and Ellie have in store... there's nothing more for them to do... unless you make some lackluster plot up that isn't good or whatever.
4. Mass Effect 2
Message 38 of 97 (274 Views)
Wastelander
768 posts

Jun 24, 2013

There WILL be a sequel for The Last of Us...no doubt about it!

Message 39 of 97 (267 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Jun 24, 2013
Maybe something 10-15 years down the road, where Joel is too old to do what he once did, and the roles are reversed, and you control Ellie and she is more or less the caretaker. Think: the winter missions with Joel incapacitated, and expand it. Maybe they're running from Fireflies, maybe they're on a mission to clear out the last remaining infected because the disease finall burned itself out, maybe Joel gets bitten and its a race for a cure (although they did mention incubation is only 2 days) idk
Message 40 of 97 (254 Views)