Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
8 posts

Re: No Sequel For The Last of Us!

Jun 24, 2013
It would be nice to see a sequel, but I would like to see what happens right after and a few years after the end of the first one not just years later when Ellie is an adult. That would leave too much out that would otherwise be important. Another thing is if they make a sequel that its not a PS4 exclusive, I do not plan on buying a next gen console anytime soon and I know there are other people who feel the same but there arent many.
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 97 (290 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

Jun 24, 2013

I agree that a sequel would definitely be nice, if done right, especially with Joel and Ellie.  I would've liked to see more of an epilogue in the first place, showing some details about their life in the settlement where Tommy lived.  And it definitely seems like there's a lot left that they could go on.  All of the various factions of enemies are still out there, there's still no cure, and there's definitely a lot of potential conflict of various types.  The current ending might lose some of its potency, but I feel like in some way or another Ellie would eventually find out about what happened at the hospital and would want to do something about it.  Either that or somebody else would find out about her immunity and want to take advantage of it somehow.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 97 (276 Views)
First Son
20 posts

Jun 24, 2013

I'm conflicted. I definitely wan't a sequel but...

I wan't it to be about Joel and Ellie.. but at the same time I don't wan't it to be about them. 

I feel like their story is done, but I love both of them so I don't wan't to say goodbye. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'd be happy either way, but I'm not sure which one I would prefer. 

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 97 (268 Views)
Splicer
82 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Wrong mate,  seriously seriously wrong... for starters there is plenty of room for at least another game in the TLOU series,  the whole human species doesn't end with Ellie and Joel, there needs to be a continuation of the story to give gamers some resemblance of closure and I believe ND know this too which is why they ended TLOU the way they did.   No cure has been found and there are lots of plots that can and should occur before the end of this masterpiece of a game!

Saying all this,  as long as it is cleverily implemented like we know ND can and will, there is NO reason for it not to be as good if not better than TLOA, pannicking about unfounded and unrealised  concerns about what they might do to the first game in the series, is NO reason to assume that ND are going to ruin the IP.

If they didn't make sequels then Uncharted 2 would never have taken place which IMO was one of the best gaming sequels to come along, same with Mass Effect,  then if you go to movies where would the world be if they decided to stop the Terminator series after the original?   Terminator 2 was the best movie sequel to grace our presence!  

Stop worrying about how perfect TLOA is and instead look forward to MORE of the same,  are you telling me you wouldn't love to see another TLOU but implemented even better and on Next Gen hardware too?   Comeon....

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 97 (266 Views)
Splicer
82 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Yeah I felt the same, you can understand why Joel did what he did, infact I probably would have done the same, afterall he had taken Ellie so far and done so much to protect her that he wasn't going to let her come to that sort of end.   There are just too many questions left at the end of the game for that to be it,   Ellie is going to grow up and become a leader, that I am sure of... her being immune to the infection will make sure of that.  I would love to see where the clever ND writers take the series after that ending which while great still left me with alot of questions about what was going to happen in Joel and Ellies future!

It is so hard to even stop playing the game because you feel for them,  a sequel is needed IMO to explore this fantastic story more!  What happens to the Human Race?   What part in that will Ellie have and are there others like her?  Will Joel finally admit Elie is like a daughter to him and let her know how much he cares about her?

So many things ND can explore in the next release which I will be wating for very closely when it is announced, I wouldn't be at all surprised if ND are already working on the next game!

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 97 (264 Views)
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jun 24, 2013

infantry492 wrote:
It would be nice to see a sequel, but I would like to see what happens right after and a few years after the end of the first one not just years later when Ellie is an adult. That would leave too much out that would otherwise be important. Another thing is if they make a sequel that its not a PS4 exclusive, I do not plan on buying a next gen console anytime soon and I know there are other people who feel the same but there arent many.

How can Sony make a game not excluvie to their platform lol.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 97 (243 Views)
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jun 24, 2013

I definetly want a sequel, and I believe they're going to make one.

I want a sequel with Ellie, 5-10 years after the first game, I don't know how Naughty Dog should make a sequel that doesn't repeat itself (like Hangover or Taken) but I'm sure the great minds at ND would be able to do this. The reason why I want a sequel with Ellie (and Joel) is simple, first of all their story isn't done, they can easily build on it, second of all I am not ready to leave Ellie and Joel I feel connected to them, and 3rd maybe this isn't true, but I doubt ND is able to make a new standalone game or a sequel/prequel without Ellie, where I become this emotionaly engaged as I was with the last of us, I think that if ND makes a new standalone game it will be like Uncharted 1 (not that I don't like Uncharted, I love it, but I didn't get emotionaly engaged so it's not 'special' it's just another very good shooting/adventure game but that's it).

And to all of you who says that a new TLOU game featuring Ellie is going to ruin the ending of the first, then why do you even want to buy the game? Just don't buy it and then you can live in your own world where you can think what ever you want about the ending, but please don't say they shouldn't make a sequel, because it's completly your decision if you want to play the new one.

So to rap it up, I want a sequel, and I believe they're goint to make one, I want it to feature Ellie, but I think it's going to have all new characters. I'd say 95% chance of a sequel, 20% chance of a sequel with Ellie.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 97 (236 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5496 posts

Jun 24, 2013

I agree that Joel & Ellie's story ended. No sequels are needed. I do hope ND makes another mature game like this one ( By mature I don't only mean the swearing and gore )

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 97 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Jun 24, 2013

V2W0A8 wrote:

I'm conflicted. I definitely wan't a sequel but...

I wan't it to be about Joel and Ellie.. but at the same time I don't wan't it to be about them. 

I feel like their story is done, but I love both of them so I don't wan't to say goodbye. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'd be happy either way, but I'm not sure which one I would prefer. 

Same with me, I wanna see more of Joel and Ellie. I don't know how they would do it, but I feel like the ending gave a lot of freedom so ND could definitely figure it out.

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 97 (218 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
421 posts

Jun 24, 2013

With PS4 and all... honestly it'd be a shame if there wouldn't be a sequel! The leap could be something like Uncharted 1 > Uncharted 2 was.

I want a sequel for TLoU and it must have Joel and Ellie in it or it's no TLoU anymore. :smileysad:

Talking about mature games, though... I wonder what Kane & Lynch would be if it was made by Naughty Dog. Awesome I bet.

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 97 (208 Views)