Wastelander
595 posts

Re: No Sequel For The Last of Us!

Jul 3, 2013

I disagree.  Naughty Dog created a rich world, and there are a lot stories they could tell.  They don't have to do another bring Ellie to the fireflies story.  

Message 71 of 97 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
508 posts

Jul 3, 2013

I wouldn't say a Sequel, more like a Spin-off involving some other characters, in other parts of the world in different time periods.

Photobucket
Message 72 of 97 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Jul 3, 2013
I agree. I feel like making a sequel to this game would rob it of its powerful and impactful storyline. Those characters have been through an adventure and now it's over. It's one of the few games where you can safely say "there is nothing else for these characters to do". This game is, to me, the video game version of The Road. And The Road would lose all its impact with a sequel.
UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/UNCHARTED-4-What-needs-to-be-done/td-p/41422205
Message 73 of 97 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

This game doesn't need a sequel, but it could use one. ONLY if it follows Joel, and Ellie. Neil will ruin this game, and shove what's left of it down the toilet if he makes a sequel not following Joel, and Ellie.

EDIT: Why are you going to post this on as many forums as you can, and ruin it for as many people as possible? IF YOU DON'T WANT A SEQUEL, THEN DON'T BUY IT! But stop ruining other people's fun, and overall enjoyment. It's people like youwho ruin gaming for everyone.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 74 of 97 (194 Views)
Wastelander
595 posts

Jul 3, 2013

I really don't understand why people don't want a sequel!   I trust Naughty Dog.  They said they aren't going to go back to this world unless they thought they had something meaningful to say.  If they come up with an amazing concept/story, they should definitely make a sequel.

Message 75 of 97 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
570 posts

Jul 3, 2013

I want one with Joel and Tommy. Ellie can sit back for awhile.                                              

Not to mention one with Joel/Tommy could be much darker.

Message 76 of 97 (187 Views)
Sackboy
378 posts

Jul 4, 2013

There are bad sequels (or prequels, ie Star Wars) then there are amazing sequels, sometimes better than the original, such as Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3. Given ND's track record of delivering awesome, I say bring on the TLOU sequels.

Message 77 of 97 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Jul 4, 2013
I'd like a sequel if done with as much thought and care as this one. I feel like there is a lot more story to be told in this universe. It's up to them but I'd like a sequel.
Message 78 of 97 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5502 posts

Jul 4, 2013
I really have no problem with more games in this ip. You can always just choose not to buy them. However, I think there could be a lot more stories to be told.

Message 79 of 97 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Jul 4, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel (or whatever the **bleep** your name is)

Pretty much hit the nail on the head. You dont want a sequel fine **bleep** off pretend it never happened. However dont try and mess it up for the millions (yes most like millions as this game is selling like space cakes in an american pie frat house no h.omo).

Also my opinions on what they should do.

1. Keep Joel and Ellie as main characters (I have connected with them and there story is nowhere near over)

2. Keep Ellie the same age and Joel as then main character (Obviously Ellie was the main character I mean the main playable one) so this game can keep its sense of urgency and tension that kept me hooked right up until that **bleep** cliffhanger ending.

3. NO BS PREQUELS. **bleep** prequels (as DLC they would work brilliantly but not as a whole new game)

Just my opinion fellas its ALL IT IS. DO WHATEVA THE F*** YOU WANNA DO

Message 80 of 97 (135 Views)