Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Re: No Sequel For The Last of Us!

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

I'd like a sequel. 

Unless. 

They conclude Joel & Ellie's tale with an upcoming DLC. In a finite way. 

Regardless, would be a shame to build up this relationship, with these characters and to watch Ellie grow. Just to say "leave it at that". Would be such as waste. 

All in all, it's up to ND. And seeing how well this game did, wouldn't be suprised to see a sequel on the PS4. With new or old charcaters. Unless, as I said above, they conclude this tale with DLC.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 97 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Jul 4, 2013
VaryagKRUZZZ wrote

Strange, very strange, when I played, I feared that one of them will die, but they are alive, are both alive, but why do I have the feeling that I lost them?

I hate and love the feeling. We feel like we lost them cause ND did too much of a great job to get us emotionally attached to them. The say it in all interviews that everything in the game is to make us get into these people's shoes, otherwise they would not achieve what they wanted to. Even with the combat they wanted it to be intimate and personal. That's why TLOF has a unique touch to it even though it's a third person shooter, action, stealth etc. It's different. So the whole d*mn game is build to make us attached to it! We simply fell in love with it.

My website: http://rlclick.weebly.com/
The Last of Us photo tumblr_mo3m8cncvK1qhjcgto1_250.gifEllie-Ranch photo tumblr_mp0o9g0nIR1qkm8keo5_250.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 97 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Jul 4, 2013

VideoGameCzar wrote:

If you're like me, Lets tell the fine folks over at ND to leave this game alone. I'm sick of seeing un-needed sequels and this game doesn't need one and I will say this until I'm blue in the face!

I plan to post this on as many forums as I can...Some one, some where will have to see it.

@NoSequelForTLOU

I'm nothing like you, games are not like movies where the company tries to cash in on sequels just to make money, sure a movie can be shot in 10-15 weeks and then processed for a few months more. You make a movie in 6-8 months,  it costs a hell lot more than making a game, but a game takes 2-3 years to make and it's not like the developers have 4-5 more titles to rely on if one of the games fail.

Some of the best games ever released are sequels:

Half-life 2

Killzone 2

Gran turismo

Uncharted 2

Assassins creed 2

Red dead redemption (Red dead revolvoer)

GTA 3 and 4

Mass effect 2

Silent hill 2 and 3

Borderlands 2

Max payne 3

Planetside 2

Forza 2

Left 4 dead 2

Battlefield 3

Starcraft 2

Team Fortress 2

God of war 2

and so on,.....

So yeah.. Naughty Dog, i can barely wait for the complete trilogy!

I hope you make this a huge franchise with spinoffs and lots of DLC (some free to show the fans that you care).

Thanks for making THE best game i have ever played (pushed down Half-life 2 from the throne).

Canon 1Ds
Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 97 (229 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1639 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Soufdawg wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel (or whatever the **bleep** your name is)

Pretty much hit the nail on the head. You dont want a sequel fine **bleep** off pretend it never happened. However dont try and mess it up for the millions (yes most like millions as this game is selling like space cakes in an american pie frat house no h.omo).

Also my opinions on what they should do.

1. Keep Joel and Ellie as main characters (I have connected with them and there story is nowhere near over)

2. Keep Ellie the same age and Joel as then main character (Obviously Ellie was the main character I mean the main playable one) so this game can keep its sense of urgency and tension that kept me hooked right up until that **bleep** cliffhanger ending.

3. NO BS PREQUELS. **bleep** prequels (as DLC they would work brilliantly but not as a whole new game)

Just my opinion fellas its ALL IT IS. DO WHATEVA THE F*** YOU WANNA DO

Someone who agrees with me! Finally!

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 97 (206 Views)
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

If ND feels like they should make a sequel, then they can. 

Fine by me. >.>

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 97 (194 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1639 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Albino_Tadpole wrote:

If ND feels like they should make a sequel, then they can. 

Fine by me. >.>

Then we're in agreeance lol :smileytongue:

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 97 (183 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Would hate to see a direct sequel or prequel, but...

Jul 5, 2013

A game starring a fiesty older Ellie would just irritate everyone and I can already imagine the storyline being bland. A prequel should not happen and if Naughty Dog want to do stuff from Joel's past, they should do so in the DLC for that would be perfect.

Would would be amazing though, is another game set in the universe about someone going through the stages of being infected. It could start with a husband and wife right after the infection starts to spread and about their survival. The gameplay at this point is similar to the first game. Then about a quarter through, you get bitten and have to run off. It then chronicles your turn from runner to clicker to bloater. The gameplay would be soo interesting and original. It would be like nothing done before. It could be a game about Henry or Sam's (can't remember each of their names and put them to the individual) theory that the person could internally still be in the body of the infected.

Your character has to take refuge in their mind to try and resist the urges and morphing of themselves. In the original game when it has the seasons, this game could have years. Each year your a new stage and have to deal with new developments and hide further into your mind from the infection. It could be about one infected breaking away from the hivemind mentality. Over the course of twenty years you could witness the disintegration of society from the perspective of an infected. You and your "pack" could have some telepathic type of communication, that lets you speak to them in their own minds and see who they really are. Then you get attacked by survivors and slaughtered as sub-humans. 

Maybe your character can see and signifies that people are started to be resistant against the infection. Almost as the first step of what Ellie's immunity is. That would make the gameplay easier to handle. Peerhaps humans experiment on your character and you break free or something, idk. 

The game could end with you, after twenty years, finding your wife who has been turned bitter and cold by the years in a survivors camp. You bite her and you "lose your minds together". Then later you together get slaughtered by humans in a nice poetic way! It could also include some cameos from other characters.

This idea sounds suicidal but done right and it could be another masterpiece. I'm just scared of ND doing a bland survivors tale. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 97 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

Re: Would hate to see a direct sequel or prequel, but...

Jul 5, 2013

You had me until you said "Play as a clicker/bloated" A game where the main character is bitten would be the only way I would see new characters working for a sequel. Still want Joel and Ellie (roughly the same ages)

Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 97 (169 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1204 posts

Jul 5, 2013

VideoGameCzar wrote:

. I'm sick of seeing un-needed sequels and this game doesn't need one and I will say this until I'm blue in the face!

@NoSequelForTLOU

May I suggest you read a book. Video games get sequels.

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 97 (156 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Sep 5, 2013
If there is no sequel, I'd be fine with it and I'd understand, but I still would love to play a sequel. And if ND does make a sequel, it better be about Joel & Ellie. I know the cure is cool and all, and there are plenty of other cool characters, but after that ending, nobody cares near as much about the cure or anything else as much as they care about the relationship between Ellie & Joel.

With that said, I still think it'd be cool to do side stories with DLC. Maybe a DLC about Henry and Sam and what they went through before meeting Ellie and Joel. Maybe something about Bill too, or Tommy's place and some of the attacks they've gotten before Joel and Ellie went there, or them building up that little city.

Here is what I have for an idea for A sequel. It takes place just a few weeks or few months after the ending. Ellie is sort of coming to terms with everything and she enjoys her new life at Tommy's place. She and Joel are assigned jobs, and hers is to take care of some of the horses and she loves it. Maybe at some point it could show her swimming or picking at the guitar and whistling. However, despite all this, there is still a little tension between her and Joel. There could be a moment where Ellie shows a small lack of trust in Joel's judgment or something like that. Despite Ellie starting to enjoy the place, that relationship isn't what everyone thought it would be during the first game.

Now under new leadership; the Fireflies haven't given up finding a cure and they think Ellie is the only key. Perhaps out of mutual hatred towards Joel, they team up with the Hunters who are also under new leadership. They plan to kidnap Ellie, so they set a distraction somehow using the Hunters then a few Fireflies sneak in and kidnap Ellie, but leave a note or something to make it look as if Ellie left on her own.

Joel knows something is up, despite the tension he knows Ellie would at least say goodbye or something. Joel is visibly upset and stressed, and decides he's going after Ellie. Tommy sees flashbacks of his brother right after he lost Sarah and decides that he can't let his brother go through such a heartbreak again, so he joins Tommy despite his wife begging him not to. I think they could allow co-op between those two which could be fun and also show flashbacks of their pasts, maybe what they did right after Sarah's death, just so some of their past is revealed and we learn more about the characters we love.

Now while Ellie is kidnapped, the Fireflies tell Ellie about Joel and how he killed Marlene and so many other Fireflies. What they don't tell her is that they were going to kill her to make a cure. They just say something like "Joel was afraid that once the cure was sent you two would be separated and he refused let that happen." Somehow they just try to drive Ellie away from Joel. This cause inflicting feelings for Ellie. Now maybe during that Ellie could find some new member of the Fireflies eho is from her past. Maybe like a distant relative, or maybe even something like Riley's mom. Then we could also see flashbacks of Ellie or something and you could do co-op with Ellie and Riley.

And maybe in the end, Joel and Tommy finds them, but maybe Joel gets bitten and infected, and that's when Joel tells her the truth, and now obviously Joel doesn't want Ellie to sacrifice herself for his cause cause he cares for her, but now Ellie again is inflicted and can't decide what to do.

Maybe that ending sucks idk but I think that could be a good type of story for a sequel. It'd further test Joel and Ellie's relationship, shows them after the ending, and we learn more about the characters and their pasts.

Any thoughts?
Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 97 (87 Views)
0 Likes