Feb 15 2014
By: who-can-i-be Monster Hunter 43 posts

No spoilers, only honest opinions on Left Behind?

12 replies 243 views Edited Feb 15, 2014

Seems a silly topic, yes, but I'm put off by the hefty price for Left Behind (and, given my "relationship" with Factions, I don't want to buy the Season Pass without knowing what the third DLC pack will be). SO:

Are the 2-3 hours worth £12 (£16 with the Season Pass)? Or the loss of all my stats (1.06 patch)?

Message 1 of 13 (243 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: No spoilers, only honest opinions on Left Behind?

Feb 15, 2014

PushSquare – 9/10

PlayStation Trophies – 9/10
Next-Gen Gaming Blog – 10/10
Metro – 8/10
Polygon – 8/10
Eurogamer – 10/10
IGN – 9/10
OPM – 9/10
Videogamer – 7/10

Gamespot - 9/10

My opinion - It deserves every single dollar, pound, whatever you use.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 13 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Feb 15, 2014

Yep, I paid more for take-away tongiht which didn't even do my belly any justice, for 4 hours of fun... I would say it is excellent value actually, not sure why so many people are getting their knickers in a knot about this...

Message 3 of 13 (224 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 15, 2014
I finished it in about 3 hours on a speed run Easy difficulty. It was amazing and it's not just about Ellie's past it also ties into the main story. Worth at least the $15 if not more
Message 4 of 13 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
544 posts

Feb 15, 2014
Oh yes buy it and buy it now! The story is so good, so emotional, the gameplay is still great and you can distract zombies to kill your enemies yay! But one warning: be prepared to cry
Message 5 of 13 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Feb 15, 2014

Left Behind was a beautiful DLC and I loved it as much as I loved the original single-player.

Always wanted more to do with Ellie, and now that I got that I am satisfied.

4. Mass Effect 2
Message 6 of 13 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11298 posts

Feb 15, 2014

who-can-i-be wrote:

Seems a silly topic, yes, but I'm put off by the hefty price for Left Behind (and, given my "relationship" with Factions, I don't want to buy the Season Pass without knowing what the third DLC pack will be). SO:

Are the 2-3 hours worth £12 (£16 with the Season Pass)? Or the loss of all my stats (1.06 patch)?

It depends on you. If you like to take it slow and explore every inch of the stage then yes, if not then... yes? I mean it's worth it just for the amusement factor and because it's TLoU. If you liked the main game you'll love this.

If you wanna know more about Ellie's past you'll love this, if you don't like much conversations then it's not worth it. There are about 5 chapters and two of them is all walking around, talking about random stuff and looking at things.

So instead of giving you my own opinion about the DLC, i just told you what it gives you, you judge it! And hopefully you'll make the right choice. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 13 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Feb 15, 2014

renatabls wrote:

who-can-i-be wrote:

It depends on you. If you like to take it slow and explore every inch of the stage then yes, if not then... yes? I mean it's worth it just for the amusement factor and because it's TLoU. If you liked the main game you'll love this.

If you wanna know more about Ellie's past you'll love this, if you don't like much conversations then it's not worth it. There are about 5 chapters and two of them is all walking around, talking about random stuff and looking at things.

So instead of giving you my own opinion about the DLC, i just told you what it gives you, you judge it! And hopefully you'll make the right choice. Smiley Happy

But it didn't offer anything new into her past, or about her character and personality. That was one of the galling things about this DLC; it simply played out the "origins" of her story that we already knew about.

Message 8 of 13 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Feb 15, 2014

McLean1984 wrote:

renatabls wrote:

who-can-i-be wrote:

But it didn't offer anything new into her past, or about her character and personality. That was one of the galling things about this DLC; it simply played out the "origins" of her story that we already knew about.

See, this is the sort of thing I was worried about. And apparently the final combat section sucks.

Message 9 of 13 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Feb 15, 2014

who-can-i-be wrote:

McLean1984 wrote:

renatabls wrote:

who-can-i-be wrote:

See, this is the sort of thing I was worried about. And apparently the final combat section sucks.

The combat section is every bit the same as through the main game with the exception of a few decent well executed moments. It's nothing challenging or new and was not needed as it simply attempts to bridge between two chapters that didn't need to be.

Message 10 of 13 (108 Views)
0 Likes