Jun 30 2013
By: WinterEdit Sackboy 564 posts

No thread about the TLoU soundtrack? Let me fix that...

9 replies 150 views Edited Jun 30, 2013

I haven't seen anyone say anything about the soundtrack (forgive us, Mr. Santaolalla).

So, I decided to fix it. I think the entire OST fit the parts they were in. I don't think it could have been close to that emotional without e.g. (The Last of Us Soundtrack - Home). I mean, even listening to those things make you almost cry if you think about a part/the part it was in the game.

If there ever will be a sequel. Please give us score from The Last of Us or new soundtracks from Gustavo Santaolalla, it was perfect. I think it could not have been any better.

Bonus off-topic thing:

I think the next best soundtrack that could have fit TLoU could have been BioShock 2 OST... just listen to e.g. BioShock 2 OST - Pairbond. But that is my opinion.

What OST do you think that could have fit The Last of Us almost as well as the original score?

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 1 of 10 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
421 posts

Re: No thread about the TLoU soundtrack? Let me fix that...

Jun 30, 2013

I dunno, but gotta give them props for putting some Hank Williams into the game. Ain't nothing better than some good old country music! :smileywink:

Message 2 of 10 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Jun 30, 2013

bricks187 wrote:

I dunno, but gotta give them props for putting some Hank Williams into the game. Ain't nothing better than some good old country music! :smileywink:

"You know what? This isn't that bad." -Ellie

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 3 of 10 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Jun 30, 2013
My favorite songs are "home" "the choice" and "all gone (no escape)". For some reason I like the choice the most. Idk y. I feel like I can relate to it a lot. Like whenever I go through a hard time. That song just fits perfectly with how I'm feeling and gives me hope. I know I'm sappy
Message 4 of 10 (114 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1511 posts

Jun 30, 2013
Amen to that^ I love "The choice" soundtrack the most besides the whole main theme of the soundtrack, I'm happy I bought the special edition so I have the whole soundtrack on my PS3 as well :smileyhappy:
Message 5 of 10 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Jun 30, 2013

My favorite soundtrack is when Ellie and Joel  look at giraffes "Vanishing Grace" - the most touching moment in game I think. Also I like "The choice" and "All gone (no escape)"

Message 6 of 10 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Jun 30, 2013
I noticed that "the choice" that's played in the game and in the credits sounds different. It has some strings being played in the background. I can't find it anywhere tho
Message 7 of 10 (98 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Jun 30, 2013
"Breathless" is my favorite because it's in the most shocking part of the game :smileysad:
 photo lastofuswallpaper1_zps43da2b34.jpg
Message 8 of 10 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Jun 30, 2013

WinterEdit wrote:

I haven't seen anyone say anything about the soundtrack (forgive us, Mr. Santaolalla).

So, I decided to fix it. I think the entire OST fit the parts they were in. I don't think it could have been close to that emotional without e.g. (The Last of Us Soundtrack - Home). I mean, even listening to those things make you almost cry if you think about a part/the part it was in the game.

If there ever will be a sequel. Please give us score from The Last of Us or new soundtracks from Gustavo Santaolalla, it was perfect. I think it could not have been any better.

Bonus off-topic thing:

I think the next best soundtrack that could have fit TLoU could have been BioShock 2 OST... just listen to e.g. BioShock 2 OST - Pairbond. But that is my opinion.

What OST do you think that could have fit The Last of Us almost as well as the original score?

not really OST's that fit The Last of us, but ones I like besides The Last of Us are: Assassin's Creed 2, Uncharted 2/3, Tomb Raider, Prince of Persia, inFamous 2 and Heavy Rain (that last one could fit The Last of Us)

Message 9 of 10 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Jun 30, 2013

Zev_zevr wrote:

My favorite soundtrack is when Ellie and Joel  look at giraffes "Vanishing Grace" - the most touching moment in game I think. Also I like "The choice" and "All gone (no escape)"

Well, there were multiple most touching parts for me. :smileytongue:

One, perhaps the top one, is the last cinematic of Winter. I hope you understand what I mean, because I don't want to spoil it. :smileyhappy:

... I have no life.
Message 10 of 10 (81 Views)
0 Likes