Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
2856 posts
 

Re: Oh wouldn't it be funny if we boycotted TLOU?

Mar 9, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:

MUCHxz wrote:

Naughty Dog have honestly treated us like crap; A map pack is allegedly one map, a pair is apparently a team now, and Naughty Dog introduced micro-transactions instead of technical fixes.... 

Let's see...

Naughty Dog's most infamous patch:

1.13: Tournament system - Ability to buy tickets to increase your chances of *Guarantee* getting to a higher ranked tier. 

1.13: Clothing customisation - NOW you can buy accessories from the PS store. (Um, ok? In-game cash means nothing now.)  *Actually it has, most things can be bought after playing a few matches. It's just to trick some people that don't know how fast they actually can get something.

1.13: Technical issues - If I remember correctly, nothing was actually fixed. 

Check the gameplay changes below. Some of these things did fix something. Not very much though.

 

We need to stop being a push over as a community and actually avoid purchasing The Last of Us. 

This is most likely going to be removed, because the moderators might not be able to suck up the fact that I am correct. 


GAMEPLAY CHANGES

  • Increased recoil has been added to the G-MAL to much recoil + less stopping power = a broken g-mal and an increase to the hipfire madness we face today...
  • Deathmatch will now appear in round 5 instead of round 3 in Team Objective game modes a lazy fix, they should just remove deathmatch from team objective entirely...
  • Quitting out of Co-op will no longer count as a Competitive loss when signing-out/disconnecting a lazy fix, they should just fix the disconnections in coop hunter instead of trying to please fans to not get a loss for it, this results only in more people quitting coop hunter and also now coop adventure and coop arena...
  • Lab games no longer count towards the Leaderboard haha, a gameplay fix? + I don't care...
  • Death from Above medal now requires the player to be at least 2 meters off the ground that was indeed a good fix to stop the shotty spammers
  • Players can earn more than 1 “Here, Hold This Medal” in a match also a good fix
  • A collection of trophies have been added for each DLC pack available (50 total new trophies) this is not a gameplay fix at all...
  • The TAU Sniper Pistol has been tuned so the rate of fire is up 30% and you pick 6 instead of 3 bullets upon collecting new ammo now also a good fix
  • The M9 blindfire accuracy has been reduced by 10% efficiency haha, we've seen how much that helps...
  • Cloaked level 3 is now immune to the effects of Disruption (it wasn’t working properly so we fixed it) ok, I don't care much, who uses disruption anyway...
  • Marked Men now migrates properly to another player if the marked man drops form the game that's a technical fix, not a gameplay fix...
  • Gunfire is no longer silent when using the shield ok...
  • Teleporting with Smoke Bomb while holding the Idol is no longer possible a lazy fix, they should just make it so that the idol doesn't teleport with you...
  • An issue with the shield that allowed players to remotely control the turret has been fixed that was a glitch, not a gameplay fix...

I hardly see any gameplay fixes? they only caused more trouble... see above in red ^

 

the only thing Naughty Dog fixes are minor changes that are more bugs than gameplay issues, there was not a single patch that solved issues we were experiencing without creating new issues in the process...

Message 11 of 64 (427 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
2856 posts
 

Re: Oh wouldn't it be funny if we boycotted TLOU?

Mar 9, 2013

MUCHxz wrote:

Naughty Dog have honestly treated us like crap; A map pack is allegedly one map, a pair is apparently a team now, and Naughty Dog introduced micro-transactions instead of technical fixes.... 

Let's see...

Naughty Dog's most infamous patch:

1.13: Tournament system - Ability to buy tickets to increase your chances of getting to a higher ranked tier. 

1.13: Clothing customisation - NOW you can buy accessories from the PS store. (Um, ok? In-game cash means nothing now.) 

1.13: Technical issues - If I remember correctly, nothing was actually fixed. 

 

We need to stop being a push over as a community and actually avoid purchasing The Last of Us. 

This is most likely going to be removed, because the moderators might not be able to suck up the fact that I am correct. 


if I could only buy the single player for The Last of Us for less money I would, because I don't want to spend any money on the multiplayer, but sadly Naughty Dog still makes awesome single player experiences, so I really can't miss out on the game even if I wanted to boycott them so much (which I do, I hate Naughty Dogs attitude towards Uncharted 3) :smileysad:

Message 12 of 64 (426 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
6008 posts
 

Re: Oh wouldn't it be funny if we boycotted TLOU?

Mar 9, 2013

Well for several reasons, that seems like a dumb idea...

 

-for one, TLOU and uncharted are completely different genres.

-Say people on this forum really do boycott the game, that really won't make a huge impact...

-the survival genre is hanging by a thread and with each of its big name titles becoming action hollywood flicks, any survival game with promise will be sought for quickly.

-hate uncharted multiplayer all you want. The game was still a huge success and the series as a whole is a great one.

 photo Sniper.png
Message 13 of 64 (402 Views)
Naughty Host
Registered: 02/11/2010
Online
9064 posts
 

Re: Oh wouldn't it be funny if we boycotted TLOU?

Mar 9, 2013
^ Da truth!

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 14 of 64 (393 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Oh wouldn't it be funny if we boycotted TLOU?

Mar 9, 2013

Even if people don't boycott it, releasing it in the Summer is a pretty dumb idea. Most people will be on vacation by then (except no-lifers).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 15 of 64 (386 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/17/2011
Offline
3077 posts
 

Re: Oh wouldn't it be funny if we boycotted TLOU?

[ Edited ]
Mar 9, 2013

1.  People are too selfish.  It'll NEVER happen. 

 

2.  Ephemeral forumers of past said THE EXACT SAME THING about UC3, then they rushed out like everyone else and

      bought it.  Did you get your $60 or $100 worth on this title?  I did. 

 

3.  NDI got their HEAD BIT OFF by the gamers who really studied this game (and some who continue to do so), both from the

     COMP side, and some pretty stellar Co-op folks as well.  They KNOW.  They just can't fix it. 

 

4.  NDI sold a few copies of this game, some FHC, and some DLC.  Do they have ANY reason to change what they do?  UC3

     from a technical and aesthetic sense was GOD-AWFUL.  VERY DISAPPOINTING.  But really, what game out there

     combines the coolness of these skins, with the gun play, and HAS the UNIQUE movement of these digital characters IN

     ONE PACKAGE?  Point me in the direction and I will happily move that way.  Me, I've looked high and low. 

 

5.  With the rapid fire release of the PS4, how long will players linger on the PS3?  I mean, what kind of life will TLOU have

     anyway?  June release, then PS4 by "the holidays?"  I just don't get it.  Slack off on UC3, put the effort in to TLOU, which

     will have a 6 month life span?  Okay...it's an overstatement there, but really, WTH?

 

6.  What if TLOU is good?  Perhaps Sony will set up a way to get it on the PS4 so it can continue to be played? 

 

7.  We can't control developers.  That should be OBVIOUS by now.  We take what we get and adapt.  That has happened on

     UC2 and UC3.  There's a HISTORY of that now. 

 

We'll see.  It will be interesting to study, tho.  The entire release of the game, and the OUT OF THE BOX condition of the SP and the MP.  I think NDI deserves another chance, then again, I got my copy of TLOU as a GIFT!  CAN YOU SAY "FREE ROLL?" 

 

They've made some incredible stuff.  Is is all perfect?  Of course not, but get used to that, LIFE IS ABOUT INPERFECTION and adapting to IT. 

*****************************************
YOUTUBE SLEAZEVISION

*****************************************


Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com








Message 16 of 64 (357 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/11/2010
Offline
4078 posts
 

Re: Oh wouldn't it be funny if we boycotted TLOU?

[ Edited ]
Mar 9, 2013

 

oh oh oh and maybe if were lucky they will go out of business and never make a game again :smileyvery-happy:

 



Treated us like crap eh? So the 17 patches they put out for us, which cost money , was crap? You know companies don't have to patch their games right? And i'm guessing you know they have to make that money back in so way right?

I'm honestly sick of people like you feeling entitled to everything, and you know what. Yea you can call me a Fanboy, but i call my self a realist, and the fact is that ND is a business and businesses are here to make money.

If you want to miss out on ND's next master piece that's fine by me, but ill be enjoying it with the other 7 million people playing it

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 17 of 64 (339 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Oh wouldn't it be funny if we boycotted TLOU?

[ Edited ]
Mar 9, 2013

iceyfire54312 wrote:
1) oh oh oh and maybe if were lucky they will go out of business and never make a game again :smileyvery-happy:

2) So the 17 patches they put out for us that cost money to do, was crap?

3) You know companies don't have to patch their games right?

4) If you want to miss out on ND's next master piece that's fine by me

5) but ill be enjoying it with the other 7 million people playing it


1) Believe it or not, that happens sometimes (i.e. THQ).

2) I hate to break it to you, but 1st party devs don't have to pay a single dime to release a Title Update. Only 3rd party devs have to pay $40k/patch.

 

3) That's like saying that car manufacturers are allowed to sell faulty cars and they don't have to repair them.

 

4) I didn't know that the ONLY WAY to enjoy a game is to purchase it! It's "impossible" to enjoy a game that you have borrowed/rented, right? :smileyindifferent:

 

You do you realize that this is called a win-loss situation, don't you? We will enjoy the game, but ND won't enjoy our hard earned money.

 

5) 7 million sales? Give me your crystal ball.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 18 of 64 (330 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 05/28/2011
Offline
444 posts
 

Re: Oh wouldn't it be funny if we boycotted TLOU?

Mar 9, 2013

iceyfire54312 wrote:

 

oh oh oh and maybe if were lucky they will go out of business and never make a game again :smileyvery-happy:

 



Treated us like crap eh? So the 17 patches they put out for us, which cost money , was crap? You know companies don't have to patch their games right? And i'm guessing you know they have to make that money back in so way right?

I'm honestly sick of people like you feeling entitled to everything, and you know what. Yea you can call me a Fanboy, but i call my self a realist, and the fact is that ND is a business and businesses are here to make money.

If you want to miss out on ND's next master piece that's fine by me, but ill be enjoying it with the other 7 million people playing it


Come back to me and say that when you have solid proof, that there are no in-game glitches and nothing needs fixing. You're a fool. You think that consumers who buy a game, should be left, with a game of which is broken since it was released!? You think it is fair that the consumers, who pay good money, for a satisfactory extremely unsupported game, to have to download patches and only realise that the patch isn't in fact a "patch"... It is just a way to introduce micro-transactions" and suck even more money out of a consumer. With that money, you would've thought they could've fixed glitches easily? You think lag compensation is fair for those who pay good money for a good connection? 

I am sick of people like you, who think that leaving customers with a wooden stick instead of a metal pole is better. "ND is a business and businesses are here to make money." Okay,  tell me that Sony didn't compensate their customers after the PSN security failed. Sony fixed their secuirty by implementing a new security system, and this costed them millions. 

Message 19 of 64 (312 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/02/2012
Online
5678 posts
 

Re: Oh wouldn't it be funny if we boycotted TLOU?

Mar 9, 2013

MUCHxz wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

 

oh oh oh and maybe if were lucky they will go out of business and never make a game again :smileyvery-happy:

 



Treated us like crap eh? So the 17 patches they put out for us, which cost money , was crap? You know companies don't have to patch their games right? And i'm guessing you know they have to make that money back in so way right?

I'm honestly sick of people like you feeling entitled to everything, and you know what. Yea you can call me a Fanboy, but i call my self a realist, and the fact is that ND is a business and businesses are here to make money.

If you want to miss out on ND's next master piece that's fine by me, but ill be enjoying it with the other 7 million people playing it


Come back to me and say that when you have solid proof, that there are no in-game glitches and nothing needs fixing. You're a fool. You think that consumers who buy a game, should be left, with a game of which is broken since it was released!? You think it is fair that the consumers, who pay good money, for a satisfactory extremely unsupported game, to have to download patches and only realise that the patch isn't in fact a "patch"... It is just a way to introduce micro-transactions" and suck even more money out of a consumer. With that money, you would've thought they could've fixed glitches easily? You think lag compensation is fair for those who pay good money for a good connection? 

I am sick of people like you, who think that leaving customers with a wooden stick instead of a metal pole is better. "ND is a business and businesses are here to make money." Okay,  tell me that Sony didn't compensate their customers after the PSN security failed. Sony fixed their secuirty by implementing a new security system, and this costed them millions. 


Uh oh forum drama

enjoying this forum drama

JayJay 2515 signature
Message 20 of 64 (300 Views)
Reply
0 Likes