Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
2602 posts

Re: Oh wouldn't it be funny if we boycotted TLOU?

Mar 9, 2013

This will go about as well as the Jews rising up at Auschwitz.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Message 31 of 64 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
87 posts

Mar 10, 2013

Why would I not buy a potentially amazing game because I was somewhat dissapointed with the previous game that developer made? ND has a very solid track record, and everything that has been shown of TLOU looks amazing. I'm sorry that U3 has left such a sour taste in your mouth that you feel the need to boycott all things ND from here on out, but not everyone has such a jaded outlook. And honestly, even if the majority of forumers here do decide to not buy the game, it won't mean anything in terms of sales. Go to other gaming forums. The buzz surrounding TLOU is off the charts. 

Message 32 of 64 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4825 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 10, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

tack129 wrote:

AliMakaveli wrote:

I think it's fair to say a lot of people wont be buying TLOU after the U3 farce.

Somehow I don't agree and I don't know how many will boycott TLoU.

There seems to be far too much hype for the boycott to work. Same thing happened to L4D2. A group of people tried to boycott L4D2 but only half of the group bought it day 1. The rest slowly bought the game over time. Making it ineffective.

I wasn't ever boycotting it.

I know it's being bought in my household. I'll play it for free though. Unlike Uncharted 2 and 3 which we own two copies of.

I'd be stupid to not try it for nothing :smileyhappy: Even if it's great I wont buy it though. I'll take that as my rightful refund for Uncharted 3.

o_O, who buys the games then? If you're not paying it then essentially you're getting a free game. Guess you can't complain.

I meant as in boycotts only work when a large group of people do it and that there is a proper reason as to why, a group big enough to make an impact.

With the way hype is outside of these forums and outside of the UC3 MP, there's no way that a large group of people will boycott the game unless it's discovered that ND outsourced the majority of their work to other companies with disastrous results (Aliens: Colonial Marines) or that the game was of the same quality as "The War Z" with them lying about how it will improve over time.

Heck I know that there are people whom don't like the Uncharted series that are planning to buy The Last of Us. They don't pretty much care what problems UC3 faced. It would be pointless to boycott a company to make some form of impact other than for your individual self.

Heck I like Halo but I'm sure I don't know whether the fans on the halo 3 official forums (years ago before Halo Reach or Halo 4) were complaining about lag, weapon balancing or heck anything that Uncharted 3 encountered from a similar nature yet funny enough their games still sell millions.

Message 33 of 64 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6008 posts

Mar 10, 2013

GRP17 wrote:

Why would I not buy a potentially amazing game because I was somewhat dissapointed with the previous game that developer made? ND has a very solid track record, and everything that has been shown of TLOU looks amazing. I'm sorry that U3 has left such a sour taste in your mouth that you feel the need to boycott all things ND from here on out, but not everyone has such a jaded outlook. And honestly, even if the majority of forumers here do decide to not buy the game, it won't mean anything in terms of sales. Go to other gaming forums. The buzz surrounding TLOU is off the charts. 

Someone making sense :smileysurprised:

photo Sniper.png
Message 34 of 64 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2195 posts

Mar 10, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

GRP17 wrote:

It isn't that we were disappointed in the previous game the developer made, it's how the developer lied, scammed and treated it's userbase and community.

Raptr Gamercard
Message 35 of 64 (317 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6008 posts

Mar 10, 2013

Well this is only a portion of ND's fanbase. And from what I've seen especially from migrating from my old uncharted forums, this is one of the few groups of people I've seen make the biggest deal out of how much a failure ND is.

Not to mention many many many people most likey don't look into the company's name and just looks at the game. For example kids(yea forget the rating) probably won't care about Naughty Dog, when they notice how 'cool' The Last of Us looks. Boycotting the game because you feel like you were cheated in 1 game by a great developer who makes great games in general is silly, having great games since the playstaytion was just a baby with crash bandicoot.

I'll bite my own tongue if such a minority of ND's fanbase actually makes an impact on boycotting what's shaping up to be probably one of the last great games in the PS3's life.

photo Sniper.png
Message 36 of 64 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Mar 10, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

GRP17 wrote:

Rare sight, bro. Anyway, I'm guessing some boycotters will get the game because it's tempting to see how ND did.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 37 of 64 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Mar 10, 2013

Asraik wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

GRP17 wrote:

It isn't that we were disappointed in the previous game the developer made, it's how the developer lied, scammed and treated it's userbase and community.

I hear EA does that all the time, plus they killed Burnout so they can do their stupid money-making crap.

I don't see anyone boycotting EA. :l

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 38 of 64 (312 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 10, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

GRP17 wrote:

No, such an attitude is the reason why developers can get away with unacceptable methods such as ND has shown with Uncharted 3. They lied to us, the did not keep their promises, they did not fix many of the game's major problems and so on...

I'll definitely keep an eye on Uncharted 4, but no way they're getting money from me for TLOU. If anything, I will rent/borrow it or buy it used = no extra cash from me.

Also, something that always crosses my mind when such a topic comes up: I work for my money and I know what it's worth. Lots of kids just go to their parents and ask for the next game no matter what.

They never had to work for a single cent. They don't really care if their former product was worth its money. I doubt it would be the same if they had to do the work in the household/garden for a months to get TLOU. Maybe they would think twice then if they were not satisfied with UC3. I have more than enough money to buy any game I want at any time and it would not bother me (financially) at all. But I won't and I know why...

Edit: Oops, lots of posts while I was writing... :smileytongue:

Message 39 of 64 (309 Views)
Survivor
2195 posts

Mar 10, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Asraik wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

GRP17 wrote:

I hear EA does that all the time, plus they killed Burnout so they can do their stupid money-making crap.

I don't see anyone boycotting EA. :l

I refuse to use their Origins service on PC, is that a form of boycotting your looking for? One I can't gift to friends (thought about buying Battlefield 3 for someone but their service lacked the ability to do so outside of your country) and two you have to pay for the game plus handeling/whatever even if it a digital download.

EA

Raptr Gamercard
Message 40 of 64 (304 Views)
0 Likes