Keyblade Wielder
9751 posts

Re: Oh wouldn't it be funny if we boycotted TLOU?

Mar 10, 2013

Asraik wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Asraik wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

GRP17 wrote:

Why would I not buy a potentially amazing game because I was somewhat dissapointed with the previous game that developer made? ND has a very solid track record, and everything that has been shown of TLOU looks amazing. I'm sorry that U3 has left such a sour taste in your mouth that you feel the need to boycott all things ND from here on out, but not everyone has such a jaded outlook. And honestly, even if the majority of forumers here do decide to not buy the game, it won't mean anything in terms of sales. Go to other gaming forums. The buzz surrounding TLOU is off the charts. 

Someone making sense :smileysurprised:

It isn't that we were disappointed in the previous game the developer made, it's how the developer lied, scammed and treated it's userbase and community.

I hear EA does that all the time, plus they killed Burnout so they can do their stupid money-making crap.

I don't see anyone boycotting EA. :l

I refuse to use their Origins service on PC, is that a form of boycotting **you're looking for? One I can't gift to friends (thought about buying Battlefield 3 for someone but their service lacked the ability to do so outside of your country) and two you have to pay for the game plus handeling/whatever even if it a digital download.

EA

Look, if you're going to remind me that Burnout is dead one more time....

Anyway, is it working, this boycotting? I haven't bought EA games either due to lack of any Burnout, a *good* NFS game or anything good in general.

Currently looking for GTA Online friends who aren't obviously bad sports.
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 64 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2195 posts

Mar 10, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Asraik wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Asraik wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

GRP17 wrote:

Why would I not buy a potentially amazing game because I was somewhat dissapointed with the previous game that developer made? ND has a very solid track record, and everything that has been shown of TLOU looks amazing. I'm sorry that U3 has left such a sour taste in your mouth that you feel the need to boycott all things ND from here on out, but not everyone has such a jaded outlook. And honestly, even if the majority of forumers here do decide to not buy the game, it won't mean anything in terms of sales. Go to other gaming forums. The buzz surrounding TLOU is off the charts. 

It isn't that we were disappointed in the previous game the developer made, it's how the developer lied, scammed and treated it's userbase and community.

I hear EA does that all the time, plus they killed Burnout so they can do their stupid money-making crap.

I don't see anyone boycotting EA. :l

I refuse to use their Origins service on PC, is that a form of boycotting **you're looking for? One I can't gift to friends (thought about buying Battlefield 3 for someone but their service lacked the ability to do so outside of your country) and two you have to pay for the game plus handeling/whatever even if it a digital download.

EA

Look, if you're going to remind me that Burnout is dead one more time....

Anyway, is it working, this boycotting? I haven't bought EA games either due to lack of any Burnout, a *good* NFS game or anything good in general.

I don't think it is working on consoles, but I don't buy many games for consoles anyhow. Steam is what many PC gamers love, however if their service is still working they must be making money off it somehow. I'll wait until Steam/EA issue is solved (if it never gets solved) before buying their products. They still have Battlefield 2, Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effect 1 and 2 on Steam, and a few others. So it isn't like I am never buying their product, only not on PC. That is the same with ND, I am merely just not buying TLOU. If they change, I may get it or Uncharted 4. That's only if they change though.

Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 64 (243 Views)
Naughty Paw
4609 posts

Mar 10, 2013

Snake-Eater300 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

GRP17 wrote:

No, such an attitude is the reason why developers can get away with unacceptable methods such as ND has shown with Uncharted 3. They lied to us, the did not keep their promises, they did not fix many of the game's major problems and so on...

I'll definitely keep an eye on Uncharted 4, but no way they're getting money from me for TLOU. If anything, I will rent/borrow it or buy it used = no extra cash from me.

Also, something that always crosses my mind when such a topic comes up: I work for my money and I know what it's worth. Lots of kids just go to their parents and ask for the next game no matter what.

They never had to work for a single cent. They don't really care if their former product was worth its money. I doubt it would be the same if they had to do the work in the household/garden for a months to get TLOU. Maybe they would think twice then if they were not satisfied with UC3. I have more than enough money to buy any game I want at any time and it would not bother me (financially) at all. But I won't and I know why...

Edit: Oops, lots of posts while I was writing... :smileytongue:

Well games aren't the most expensive thing out there, nor the cheapest I know. I've skipped on lots of games that I wish I've gotten. Last game I got before TR on tuesday was RE6 which was a mistake... and before that was Uncharted 3 over a year ago. The standard game is $60... I doubt many people would have to work months to afford it... and sure kids might just beg their parents to buy the game, but regardless of that, a sale is a sale and it doesn't matter as long as it was bought from a retail store new, it counts.

I know a lot of people here look at the company, but there are plenty of people who look at the track record overall. and the fact that uncharted 1, 2, and still 3 no matter how much you guys hate it, along with the previous Jak series, and early crash series were all great successes, I'm sure ND is still seen as one of Sony's better companies and will still have TLOU being a great success as well.

--
It's a common fact that anyone who does better than you is a lagger.
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 64 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2195 posts

Mar 10, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Snake-Eater300 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

GRP17 wrote:

No, such an attitude is the reason why developers can get away with unacceptable methods such as ND has shown with Uncharted 3. They lied to us, the did not keep their promises, they did not fix many of the game's major problems and so on...

I'll definitely keep an eye on Uncharted 4, but no way they're getting money from me for TLOU. If anything, I will rent/borrow it or buy it used = no extra cash from me.

Also, something that always crosses my mind when such a topic comes up: I work for my money and I know what it's worth. Lots of kids just go to their parents and ask for the next game no matter what.

They never had to work for a single cent. They don't really care if their former product was worth its money. I doubt it would be the same if they had to do the work in the household/garden for a months to get TLOU. Maybe they would think twice then if they were not satisfied with UC3. I have more than enough money to buy any game I want at any time and it would not bother me (financially) at all. But I won't and I know why...

Well games aren't the most expensive thing out there, nor the cheapest I know. I've skipped on lots of games that I wish I've gotten. Last game I got before TR on tuesday was RE6 which was a mistake... and before that was Uncharted 3 over a year ago. The standard game is $60... I doubt many people would have to work months to afford it... and sure kids might just beg their parents to buy the game, but regardless of that, a sale is a sale and it doesn't matter as long as it was bought from a retail store new, it counts.

I know a lot of people here look at the company, but there are plenty of people who look at the track record overall. and the fact that uncharted 1, 2, and still 3 no matter how much you guys hate it, along with the previous Jak series, and early crash series were all great successes, I'm sure ND is still seen as one of Sony's better companies and will still have TLOU being a great success as well.

Ever heard of a single parent raising more than one kid? Rent isn't cheap, some people are lucky just to have internet and cable, let alone a place to live. $60 for one game is a lot, some people have to work two jobs just to be able to have things others take for granted. You don't think some people have to work for months just to be able to afford a new game because they have other neccessities to think about? If I was them, getting a $60 game would be the last thing on my mind.

Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 64 (238 Views)
Naughty Paw
4609 posts

Mar 10, 2013

Asraik wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Snake-Eater300 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

GRP17 wrote:

Ever heard of a single parent raising more than one kid? Rent isn't cheap, some people are lucky just to have internet and cable, let alone a place to live. $60 for one game is a lot, some people have to work two jobs just to be able to have things others take for granted. You don't think some people have to work for months just to be able to afford a new game because they have other neccessities to think about? If I was them, getting a $60 game would be the last thing on my mind.

mine too. I would assume that if someone is thinking of buying a game for a system that was undoubtedly worth quite a bunch, they would be better off. If you're not financially secure in general do you really think having a $400-$600 console along with buying games $60 each is a good idea? That's going into money problems though, not problems with the game itself...

--
It's a common fact that anyone who does better than you is a lagger.
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 64 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2195 posts

Mar 10, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Asraik wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Snake-Eater300 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

GRP17 wrote:

mine too. I would assume that if someone is thinking of buying a game for a system that was undoubtedly worth quite a bunch, they would be better off. If you're not financially secure in general do you really think having a $400-$600 console along with buying games $60 each is a good idea? That's going into money problems though, not problems with the game itself...

They could have bought the game before, perhaps got it at a garage sale or some similar scenario. Just because they have a system doesn't mean they bought it when it came out or that it was purchased brand new. Maybe the times were better 3 years ago, and they had two parents. Lots of things could have happened.

Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 64 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

Mar 10, 2013
I love this.
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 64 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
571 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 10, 2013
Wow beautiful thread!!!
They've surely stolen the idea from you!!
Very well written thread btw (just the link LOL!)
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 64 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
541 posts

Mar 10, 2013

BirthBS wrote:
Wow beautiful thread!!!
They surely stolen the idea from you!!
Also very well written thread (just the link LOL!)

Amazing grammar, buddy! Oh, the irony!

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 64 (231 Views)
Wastelander
571 posts

Mar 10, 2013
@Black_Mid
Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 64 (292 Views)
0 Likes