Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 09 2013
By: MUCHxz Sackboy 444 posts

Oh wouldn't it be funny if we boycotted TLOU?

63 replies 1060 views Edited Mar 9, 2013

Naughty Dog have honestly treated us like crap; A map pack is allegedly one map, a pair is apparently a team now, and Naughty Dog introduced micro-transactions instead of technical fixes.... 

Let's see...

Naughty Dog's most infamous patch:

1.13: Tournament system - Ability to buy tickets to increase your chances of getting to a higher ranked tier. 

1.13: Clothing customisation - NOW you can buy accessories from the PS store. (Um, ok? In-game cash means nothing now.) 

1.13: Technical issues - If I remember correctly, nothing was actually fixed. 

We need to stop being a push over as a community and actually avoid purchasing The Last of Us. 

This is most likely going to be removed, because the moderators might not be able to suck up the fact that I am correct. 

Message 1 of 64 (1,060 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3719 posts

Re: Oh wouldn't it be funny if we boycotted TLOU?

[ Edited ]
Mar 9, 2013

I think it's fair to say a lot of people wont be buying TLOU after the U3 farce.

ND had 17 chances to rectify this problem but sadly failed.

I'm sure people would buy TLOU but majority will be thinking long and hard in doing so, some may even wait a few days/weeks just to see what the vibe is, unlike U3 where everyone bought (pre ordered) it hoping (trusting) it would be an epic game.

Message 2 of 64 (1,047 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

Mar 9, 2013

I'm just here for the colors. HC's been gone a long time anyway. :l

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 3 of 64 (1,036 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2216 posts

Mar 9, 2013

MUCHxz wrote:

Naughty Dog have honestly treated us like crap; A map pack is allegedly one map, a pair is apparently a team now, and Naughty Dog introduced micro-transactions instead of technical fixes.... 

Let's see...

Naughty Dog's most infamous patch:

1.13: Tournament system - Ability to buy tickets to increase your chances of *Guarantee* getting to a higher ranked tier. 

1.13: Clothing customisation - NOW you can buy accessories from the PS store. (Um, ok? In-game cash means nothing now.)  *Actually it has, most things can be bought after playing a few matches. It's just to trick some people that don't know how fast they actually can get something.

1.13: Technical issues - If I remember correctly, nothing was actually fixed. 

Check the gameplay changes below. Some of these things did fix something. Not very much though.

We need to stop being a push over as a community and actually avoid purchasing The Last of Us. 

This is most likely going to be removed, because the moderators might not be able to suck up the fact that I am correct. 

GAMEPLAY CHANGES

• Increased recoil has been added to the G-MAL
  • Deathmatch will now appear in round 5 instead of round 3 in Team Objective game modes
  • Quitting out of Co-op will no longer count as a Competitive loss when signing-out/disconnecting
  • Lab games no longer count towards the Leaderboard
  • Death from Above medal now requires the player to be at least 2 meters off the ground
  • Players can earn more than 1 “Here, Hold This Medal” in a match
  • A collection of trophies have been added for each DLC pack available (50 total new trophies)
  • The TAU Sniper Pistol has been tuned so the rate of fire is up 30% and you pick 6 instead of 3 bullets upon collecting new ammo now
  • The M9 blindfire accuracy has been reduced by 10% efficiency
  • Cloaked level 3 is now immune to the effects of Disruption (it wasn’t working properly so we fixed it)
  • Marked Men now migrates properly to another player if the marked man drops form the game 
  • Gunfire is no longer silent when using the shield
  • Teleporting with Smoke Bomb while holding the Idol is no longer possible
  • An issue with the shield that allowed players to remotely control the turret has been fixed

Signature02.png

Message 4 of 64 (1,014 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

Mar 9, 2013

It won't work. Occupying something never works, especially if only 10% of the players are on here. The best you can do for the  is to change from within yourself and recommend all your friends not to buy it either.

Gaming is ruled by 13 year old gamers and are to blind to see the problems gaming are facing. Media doesn't care about gaming nor does any goverment. How do you think else a game like Call Of Duty can get away with their crap? For that game I also said no and even still some friends of me are playing it, but I don't care because the more people think like me, the better the change is that that game falls and I believe 1 day it will :smileyhappy:.

Now for Uncharted I have mixed feelings. I wanted both games to be the most amazing game MP and SP wise, but as for playing they both don't last forever and I am fine with that.

They gave me awsome experiences and I will treasure those moments forever and I will first just watch before I buy TLOU. I probably will because not one ND game has ever really really dissaepointed me.

You can't fight evil with evil, this doesn't only include gaming, but in all things in life.

Revolution can only happen if we change from within ourselves.

Message 5 of 64 (1,008 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

Mar 9, 2013

FromTheDutch wrote:

It won't work. Occupying something never works, especially if only 10% of the players are on here. The best you can do for the  is to change from within yourself and recommend all your friends not to buy it either.

Gaming is ruled by 13 year old gamers and are to blind to see the problems gaming are facing. Media doesn't care about gaming nor does any goverment. How do you think else a game like Call Of Duty can get away with their crap? For that game I also said no and even still some friends of me are playing it, but I don't care because the more people think like me, the better the change is that that game falls and I believe 1 day it will :smileyhappy:.

Now for Uncharted I have mixed feelings. I wanted both games to be the most amazing game MP and SP wise, but as for playing they both don't last forever and I am fine with that.

They gave me awsome experiences and I will treasure those moments forever and I will first just watch before I buy TLOU. I probably will because not one ND game has ever really really dissaepointed me.

You can't fight evil with evil, this doesn't only include gaming, but in all things in life.

I like Uncharted for the story, but my main go-to before was Burnout.

Oh Burnout. Why did you have to die.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 6 of 64 (991 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
371 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 9, 2013

FromTheDutch wrote:

That's really optimistic.10% of the players are on here? You sure that's correct?

Cause what I have heard is that Uncharted 3 sold 5.72 million times.

Even if thousands of people boycotted TLOU, it probably won't have any impact.

It may sell slightly less than Uncharted 3 though, with it being 18+ and all...

Anyway, I have never bought ND games first day to begin with, I always waited a few months.

I didn't buy Uncharted 2 day one, and only started playing the multiplayer after 1.05 cause I was bored.

I didn't buy Uncharted 3 till ragequitting was adjusted to an acceptable degree (not knowing of the technical bugs this game has, which would grant everyone with free losses) Funny how some players decided to quit playing once the quits were adjusted. (It's still not fixed)

And TLOU won't be any different... I will pick it up once it is about $20.

I miss the days when DLC actually was DLC. It wasn't even called dlc back then, but ''expansion packs''. Ah, great days.

Message 7 of 64 (988 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

Mar 9, 2013
I bought UC3 because I thought the case looked pretty sweet.
Message 8 of 64 (980 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5777 posts

Mar 9, 2013

Some people may think I'm a mindless ND fanboy, but the truth is, ND is only as good as their latest game. Their latest game Uncharted 3 is AWESOME. And with The Walking Dead tv-series, I've begun to like zombie theme better. Really looking forward to this game.

Now OP and other people who are disappointed in ND's decisions, I'll tell you this; You will be disappointed in TLOU MP as well. Vote with your wallets and don't buy it. ND doesn't go bankrupt if you buy it second-hand and we won't have to deal with your whining in TLOU section. Everyone wins. 

Message 9 of 64 (969 Views)
Naughty Host
9016 posts

Mar 9, 2013
No, it wouldn't be funny

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 10 of 64 (965 Views)