Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcoming Committee
13533 posts

Re: Oh wouldn't it be funny if we boycotted TLOU?

Mar 9, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:
1) oh oh oh and maybe if were lucky they will go out of business and never make a game again :smileyvery-happy:

2) So the 17 patches they put out for us that cost money to do, was crap?

3) You know companies don't have to patch their games right?

4) If you want to miss out on ND's next master piece that's fine by me

5) but ill be enjoying it with the other 7 million people playing it

1) Believe it or not, that happens sometimes (i.e. THQ).

:'( and THQ gave me plenty of fun times.

Naughty Dog gave me plenty of agony. Yet THQ are the ones out of business.

The world is not justified sometimes.

Seriously. Activision and EA have this bad reputation for treating fans badly. Yet.. ND do it and escape pretty easily. EA nor Activision has ever fed me crap though, Sure EA have released games with day one DLC, DLC scams and such. BUT.. They fix broken products. Activision do expensive as hell DLC and are general scam artists also, but once again, if something is broken, they do fix it.

ND scam people and leave a broken product in a mess. Sorry, but ND are way worse than EA or Activision. They make those two companies look like they should be knighted.

Message 21 of 64 (379 Views)
Fender Bender
4078 posts

Mar 9, 2013

MUCHxz wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

oh oh oh and maybe if were lucky they will go out of business and never make a game again :smileyvery-happy:

Treated us like crap eh? So the 17 patches they put out for us, which cost money , was crap? You know companies don't have to patch their games right? And I'm guessing you know they have to make that money back in so way right?

I'm honestly sick of people like you feeling entitled to everything, and you know what. Yea you can call me a Fanboy, but i call my self a realist, and the fact is that ND is a business and businesses are here to make money.

If you want to miss out on ND's next master piece that's fine by me, but ill be enjoying it with the other 7 million people playing it

Come back to me and say that when you have solid proof, that there are no in-game glitches and nothing needs fixing.

This would be impossible, every game has some flaw in it and there will also be something people can find. 

You're a fool. You think that consumers who buy a game, should be left, with a game of which is broken since it was released!?

I never said this, I was only stating the fact that ND could just say screw it and not patch the game, yes they would lose people and their game would be dead online, but there is nothing stating they have to, your $60 bought what ever was on the disk, not the patches. 

You think it is fair that the consumers, who pay good money, for a satisfactory extremely unsupported game

Extremely unsupported? They may have had so unfair patches, but saying this game was extremely unsupported is nonesince  

With that money, you would've thought they could've fixed glitches easily?

Are you a programmer now? 

You think lag compensation is fair for those who pay good money for a good connection? 

No it's not fair, but every game has lag, some worse and some better than uc3

I am sick of people like you, who think that leaving customers with a wooden stick instead of a metal pole is better. "ND is a business and businesses are here to make money." Okay,  tell me that Sony didn't compensate their customers after the PSN security failed. Sony fixed their secuirty by implementing a new security system, and this costed them millions. 

Big difference between a game and identity thief 

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 22 of 64 (355 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1109 posts

Mar 9, 2013

*Buys Uncharted 3*   "ND  Y U NO   SUPPORT THE GAME AFTER 2 YEARS!!!"  

*Buys TLOU*   " CURSE YOU ND I'VE BEEN FOOLED AGAIN!!!!"

Message 23 of 64 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
444 posts

Mar 9, 2013

iceyfire54312 wrote:

MUCHxz wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

oh oh oh and maybe if were lucky they will go out of business and never make a game again :smileyvery-happy:

Treated us like crap eh? So the 17 patches they put out for us, which cost money , was crap? You know companies don't have to patch their games right? And I'm guessing you know they have to make that money back in so way right?

I'm honestly sick of people like you feeling entitled to everything, and you know what. Yea you can call me a Fanboy, but i call my self a realist, and the fact is that ND is a business and businesses are here to make money.

If you want to miss out on ND's next master piece that's fine by me, but ill be enjoying it with the other 7 million people playing it

Come back to me and say that when you have solid proof, that there are no in-game glitches and nothing needs fixing.

This would be impossible, every game has some flaw in it and there will also be something people can find. 

You're a fool. You think that consumers who buy a game, should be left, with a game of which is broken since it was released!?

I never said this, I was only stating the fact that ND could just say screw it and not patch the game, yes they would lose people and their game would be dead online, but there is nothing stating they have to, your $60 bought what ever was on the disk, not the patches. 

You think it is fair that the consumers, who pay good money, for a satisfactory extremely unsupported game

Extremely unsupported? They may have had so unfair patches, but saying this game was extremely unsupported is nonesince  

With that money, you would've thought they could've fixed glitches easily?

Are you a programmer now? 

You think lag compensation is fair for those who pay good money for a good connection? 

No it's not fair, but every game has lag, some worse and some better than uc3

I am sick of people like you, who think that leaving customers with a wooden stick instead of a metal pole is better. "ND is a business and businesses are here to make money." Okay,  tell me that Sony didn't compensate their customers after the PSN security failed. Sony fixed their secuirty by implementing a new security system, and this costed them millions. 

Big difference between a game and identity thief 

But Sony fixed the problem, unlike ND. 

Message 24 of 64 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2195 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 9, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:
1) oh oh oh and maybe if were lucky they will go out of business and never make a game again :smileyvery-happy:

2) So the 17 patches they put out for us that cost money to do, was crap?

3) You know companies don't have to patch their games right?

4) If you want to miss out on ND's next master piece that's fine by me

5) but ill be enjoying it with the other 7 million people playing it

1) Believe it or not, that happens sometimes (i.e. THQ).

:'( and THQ gave me plenty of fun times.

Naughty Dog gave me plenty of agony. Yet THQ are the ones out of business.

The world is not justified sometimes.

Seriously. Activision and EA have this bad reputation for treating fans badly. Yet.. ND do it and escape pretty easily. EA nor Activision has ever fed me crap though, Sure EA have released games with day one DLC, DLC scams and such. BUT.. They fix broken products. Activision do expensive as hell DLC and are general scam artists also, but once again, if something is broken, they do fix it.

ND scam people and leave a broken product in a mess. Sorry, but ND are way worse than EA or Activision. They make those two companies look like they should be knighted.

This, I'm not buying The Last of Us. If a company thinks it is okay to release an unfinished produce (i.e even the multiplayer was rushed badly) and then makes it worse in 17 patches, you know there is something wrong. Realistically, if you want to show support to a company who lied to us multiple times (promised fixes, the FHC scam, promise support [two man team is not support nor have any of their patches made the game better], ect) and doesn't give a care for their Community, you're showing that you approve of how they handeled Uncharted 3. If you want the exact same thing to happen (they screwed up in Uncharted 2 didn't they, now Uncharted 3, you think they won't screw up a third time?) you should buy the game. Even the Uncharted 3 trailer among other things lied (Dry docks, thousands of customization options [17 patches later) and this game is still plagued by issues from the Betas. Anyone who buys The Last of Us when it comes out on the first day or before it is hitting the used bin is supporting Naughty Dog and their treatment of us. If that's what you support, speak with your wallet. Economy isn't so great around the world, I have better games to spend it on and companies who value making sure I get the customer service I bought. If you're willing to support ND after they treated us/all they pulled then props to you. They either blindsided you or you really loved how they went about everything. Here's some advice. If you want to be successful, change what you did before. Naughty Dog got successful of UC3 but destroyed the game, we showed them this was okay by buying this game after what happened with UC2. If you want them change  how they release patches/support a game you have to do something differently (like boycott TLOU.) Naughty Dog doesn't care, and they won't start caring until people stop throwing money their way. The point is, for this game to be successful two things have to happen. The Community/user base has to change what they are doing (stop supporting unfinished products/ND's scams/lackluster support) or Naughty Dog has to change to be successful (they won't so long as they are making a quick buck off you.)

Raptr Gamercard
Message 25 of 64 (335 Views)
Sackboy
499 posts

Mar 9, 2013

I'm actually glad to see a lot of people are going to be boycotting TLoU, but we need to keep in mind that game is really hyped up and will still sell quite like hot cakes regardless.

But maybe if ND keeps seeing these threads popping up claiming people WON'T buy TLoU they'll wake up from their delusions and show their faces back around here.

Cutter
Message 26 of 64 (330 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4825 posts

Mar 9, 2013

AliMakaveli wrote:

I think it's fair to say a lot of people wont be buying TLOU after the U3 farce.

Somehow I don't agree and I don't know how many will boycott TLoU.

There seems to be far too much hype for the boycott to work. Same thing happened to L4D2. A group of people tried to boycott L4D2 but only half of the group bought it day 1. The rest slowly bought the game over time. Making it ineffective.

Message 27 of 64 (329 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Mar 9, 2013
The Last of Us will be amazing. ND has NEVER made a bad game. They have made some questionable choices regarding Uncharted 3's multiplayer, but that is no reason to miss out on one of best games this generation.
Message 28 of 64 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2195 posts

Mar 9, 2013

kratos_snake__ wrote:
The Last of Us will be amazing. ND has NEVER made a bad game. They have made some questionable choices regarding Uncharted 3's multiplayer, but that is no reason to miss out on one of best games this generation.

LittleBigPlanet was one of the best games of our generation. Unique, creative, never been done before gameplay. That game was amazing (even LittleBigPlanet2 was superb, how it got a 9.8 while Uncharted 3 got a 10 is beyond me.)

Raptr Gamercard
Message 29 of 64 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13533 posts

Mar 9, 2013

tack129 wrote:

AliMakaveli wrote:

I think it's fair to say a lot of people wont be buying TLOU after the U3 farce.

Somehow I don't agree and I don't know how many will boycott TLoU.

There seems to be far too much hype for the boycott to work. Same thing happened to L4D2. A group of people tried to boycott L4D2 but only half of the group bought it day 1. The rest slowly bought the game over time. Making it ineffective.

I wasn't ever boycotting it.

I know it's being bought in my household. I'll play it for free though. Unlike Uncharted 2 and 3 which we own two copies of.

I'd be stupid to not try it for nothing :smileyhappy: Even if it's great I wont buy it though. I'll take that as my rightful refund for Uncharted 3.

Message 30 of 64 (297 Views)
0 Likes