Feb 15 2014
By: lastcat123456 Lombax Warrior 143 posts

Ok now how did Ellie

8 replies 305 views Edited Feb 15, 2014

How did Ellie survive that fall at the end without being hurt? Oh well. If they have Joel    survive a pipe or piece of wood being driven through his body they can have Ellie have a significant fall without being hurt at all. 

Message 1 of 9 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Re: Ok now how did Ellie

Feb 15, 2014

Joel had a small pipe through his left abdominal area. It's possible nothing severe was damaged. Besides, Ellie found first aid supplies and was able to help Joel in time. Ellie did in fact get hurt by the fall, but then she had to decide between being eaten by a runner, or crying because of a tumble.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 2 of 9 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Feb 15, 2014

Ehh. People can always find ways to try to explain huge giant plot holes. The fact is is that when you have a pipe driven through your body unless you get immediate and intense care (meaning hospital care) your chances of survival are virtually zero.

And when you fall as far as Ellie fell and land the way she did you are going to have some pretty significant damage to your body and you aren't going to be able to get up and move everything the way you did before. The small amount of blood they decided to draw on her was a lame way of trying to cover up the plot hole they created.

Message 3 of 9 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11241 posts

Feb 15, 2014

lol that ending was so violent, after you save Riley it's like grrrrwwwwggghhh, she just slices the thing's throat and you see the red stuff coming out of it.

SO COOL.

Message 4 of 9 (282 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Feb 15, 2014

renatabls wrote:

lol that ending was so violent, after you save Riley it's like grrrrwwwwggghhh, she just slices the thing's throat and you see the red stuff coming out of it.

SO COOL.

I know! I seen her jab that knife into the runners throat and just start pulling, I was all like

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 5 of 9 (272 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Feb 15, 2014

the body can injure some pretty tough stuff, don't be to quick to judge it as frail

Message 6 of 9 (269 Views)
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Feb 15, 2014

Tristan_Cas wrote:

the body can injure some pretty tough stuff, don't be to quick to judge it as frail

Sorry but if Ellie and Riley are about 5 foot tall (which is about what many thirteen year old girls would be). Then that fall was a good thirty feet. They climbed a significant ways up before Ellie fell and they even switched the camera angle so the fall wouldn't seem quite so far.

People may not be killed by a thirty foot fall but they are definitely going to be breaking some bones and won't be able to get up right away and move everything the way it is supposed to be moved. 

Message 7 of 9 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Feb 15, 2014
There was a soft material underneath...
Message 8 of 9 (205 Views)
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Feb 15, 2014

I saw that and that is going to matter little when it didn't even keep her momentum from falling off the side. 

Message 9 of 9 (124 Views)
0 Likes