Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 16 2013
By: Matt_VT_Schlo1 I Only Post Everything 1209 posts

Ok, this is the constructive complaints thread, and see if we can get em addressed

[ Edited ]
8 replies 151 views Edited Jun 16, 2013

hey all - problem with a 1000 complain threads is that they all become white noise. I am hoping we can combine the legit complaints into one thread. Any luck, some of these could/may/should/somehow be addressed.

For me, I have two main complaints - one ND related, one Sony

1). Lack of install option for game to HDD. In this day and age, the lack of this option is not cool. I don't care about slow load when the game starts, but I don't like how my PS3 sounds like a hovercraft, working the disk drive in overttime mode

2) Friendly AI not being 'seen' by badguys. This is my one main complaint - considering how the director said anything that breaks reality for the game was removed, like killer plants, I find it shocking how we got three Uncharted games without this issue, yet Last of US is just over-the-top with its reality breaking immersion.

Solution: why not patch it, where the friendly AI holds back toward the beginning of a play area, and lets you 'go ahead' If you are overwhelmed, have them help off camera, or pop in last second.

Thanks all - this is my attempt at a productive thread, aimed at addressing issues that are more major. If you have a complaint about a blade of grass not looking like it was desgined with DirectX 11 in mind, this thread isn't for you!

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 1 of 9 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13537 posts

Re: Ok, this is the constructive complaints thread, and see if we can get em addressed

Jun 16, 2013

I have two complaints...

One similar to one of yours actually.

1. Friendly AI...

Now this isn't about how they should always be seen, but why is it whenever your in a battle. they do absolutely NOTHING to help you. They shoot.. But they don't kill. It's a real immersion breaker. Like hey player, go ahead and take on the entire game alone even though you should be having help. But yeah if they are seen they need to be more competant at killing too.. Because they are horribly stupid at positioning from what I've seen, Friendly AI often blocks my paths, leading to my death because the AI thinks it's a good idea to BLOCK where I'm going.

2. Too late to fix this I guess and it doesn't really need fixing.

Spoiler
Ellie sequence and deer hunting.
Spoiler
Why do ND always think it's a good idea to break the pacing of a game to a curbcrawling snorefest? Uncharted 2's Train of Doom, Uncharted 3's desert of bordem and now TLOU's Deer of death,. :smileyindifferent: I mean seriously with all these slow paced horrible game ideas one day I'll turn into a skeleton playing one of them.

Message 2 of 9 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4928 posts

Re: Ok, this is the constructive complaints thread, and see if we can get em addressed

Jun 16, 2013
^ If you're going for the platinum, you'll have to do that two more times. :smileyvery-happy:
 photo Untitled-1_zps6a2e69f8.jpg
Message 3 of 9 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

Jun 16, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

I have two complaints...

1. Friendly AI...

Now this isn't about how they should always be seen, but why is it whenever your in a battle. they do absolutely NOTHING to help you. They shoot.. But they don't kill. It's a real immersion breaker. Like hey player, go ahead and take on the entire game alone even though you should be having help. But yeah if they are seen they need to be more competant at killing too.. Because they are horribly stupid at positioning from what I've seen, Friendly AI often blocks my paths, leading to my death because the AI thinks it's a good idea to BLOCK where I'm going.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Why do ND always think it's a good idea to break the pacing of a game to a curbcrawling snorefest? Uncharted 2's Train of Doom, Uncharted 3's desert of bordem and now TLOU's Deer of death,. :smileyindifferent: I mean seriously with all these slow paced horrible game ideas one day I'll turn into a skeleton playing one of them.

I don't know what you're talking about. Uncharted had tons of fights like that, where the AI did nothing. Second, Bill kills, so does Tess. I haven;t got to Tommy's boys yet, but watched my brother play.  They killed too.

The pacing is to give us a breather. It's been tense up to that point, drops off a little, then cranks it up to 11.

Message 4 of 9 (103 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jun 16, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

I have two complaints...

1. Friendly AI...

Now this isn't about how they should always be seen, but why is it whenever your in a battle. They do absolutely NOTHING to help you. They shoot.. But they don't kill. It's a real immersion breaker. Like hey player, go ahead and take on the entire game alone even though you should be having help. But yeah if they are seen they need to be more competent at killing too.. Because they are horribly stupid at positioning from what I've seen, Friendly AI often blocks my paths, leading to my death because the AI thinks it's a good idea to BLOCK where I'm going.

Spoiler
Spoiler

1, Surprisingly Ellie helped me out a lot in my playthrough. When one the hunters strangles me she sneaks behind and stabs him in the back. When I try to heal myself she covers me. When one of them bum rushes me she throws a brick or a bottle at them and stun them.

2, You seem to hate the best moments of the games you mentioned. Slow paced doesn't mean it's bad.

Message 5 of 9 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Jun 16, 2013

My complaint would be that if you lose connection to the host in multiplayer it counts as you leaving the game and all your people get sick and hungry. It's only happened to me twice but sucks and it's a pain to try and get everyone fed again after it happens.

Message 6 of 9 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

Jun 16, 2013

On the trophy side of things, I finished the game on Hard and only got Hard and Normal trophies, not easy. I'm assuming their supposed to stacks and reports of people not even getting Hard or Normal upon completetion. So that must need some looking into.

Not sure if have to finish New Game Plus or not for Survivor + as it's unlocked on normal new game but just a heads up about that too. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 9 (78 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1209 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 16, 2013

About the friendly AI not helping, I gotta disagree. many times in the heat of battle, Ellie will find me health packs and ammo, She'll say, 'here you go' and then those items are in your inventory. I have had her throw items at them, and of course F-bomb the hell out of em.

Also if being choked she'll stap the dude. When I did the part with Bill, he might as well have been THE TERMINATOR on my side, dude was a one-man wrecking ball with that shotty

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 8 of 9 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13537 posts

Jun 16, 2013

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I have two complaints...

1. Friendly AI...

Spoiler
Spoiler

I don't know what you're talking about. Uncharted had tons of fights like that, where the AI did nothing. Second, Bill kills, so does Tess. I haven;t got to Tommy's boys yet, but watched my brother play.  They killed too.

The pacing is to give us a breather. It's been tense up to that point, drops off a little, then cranks it up to 11.

Uncharted isn't hard though. You can actually play through that without dying with ease no matter what the difficulty is, the friendly AI there isn't a problem because the enemy AI just sucks real hard.

There has to be a better way to give breathers than boring concepts over and over again.

Message 9 of 9 (57 Views)
0 Likes