Jun 26 2013
By: LicantroLeo First Son 16 posts

One reason for a SEQUEL: The consequences... (Spoilers)

6 replies 294 views Edited Jun 26, 2013

I'll make it short. Loved it, LOVED the game, the characters, the journey, everything about it. Still I can not shake the ideas and questions in my head. 

Lies can't last forever, can they? If there is one reason why we need to see these characters again is to see and be part of the consequences of Joel's actions. And because of this it'd make sense that Ellie should be the lead this time around. Would she be oke with this? would She be save for how long until someone put the pieces together about what happened at the Hospital?

I know many feel that some stories don't need sequels, but if we can have Toy Story 2 and then 3 and still surprise us, I think DN can deliver again if they challange themselves to do so.

Thanks ND team.

Message 1 of 7 (294 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Re: One reason for a SEQUEL: The consequences... (Spoilers)

Jun 26, 2013
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/06/07/naughty-dog-on-the-last-of-us-if-we-never-do-a-sequel...

They could do a sequel, but it would most likely feature different protagonist.
Message 2 of 7 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
666 posts

Jun 26, 2013
I want a sequel and I want Joel and Ellie, everyone I have talked to agreed. Joel and Ellie made the story, taking them out would suck the heart out. I agree.

I think Joel and Ellie could still have a lot more story to tell. I just want it to be meaningful and not stapled on.
Message 3 of 7 (268 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 26, 2013
From the articles that I've read, ND told the story they wanted to tell and are completely fine leaving it as is.

It's funny OP mentions Toy Story, because the same thing happened with Shrek. They were fine with just one movie; but the fans demanded more, and they got it. Could it happen with TLoU? We can only wait and see.
Message 4 of 7 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Jun 26, 2013
I hope not because for me personally toy story and sherk both would have been better without sequels
Message 5 of 7 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Jun 26, 2013

I would be more than open to a sequel for TLOU. Honestly, I don't feel that the game needs one, but I wouldn't mind seeing one. I've never played a NaughtyDog SP that has let me down, so I have faith in them that they wouldn't make a sequel just for the sake of making it.

Message 6 of 7 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
21 posts

Jun 26, 2013

We aren't game developers like ND. I'm sure that if they gives it time and a lot of thought they can make a great sequel. To leave Ellie's and Joel's story with only one game is BS. TLoU is about Ellie and Joel and without them a sequal would be weak. 

Message 7 of 7 (183 Views)
0 Likes