Jun 04 2013
By: FakeDeath92 Monster Hunter 39 posts

One thing that I hate about TLOU forums..

11 replies 260 views Edited Jun 4, 2013

If you have an opinion someone is always trying to knock you down. Or if you do not like the MP people are quick to join ND's side.

Message 1 of 12 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Re: One thing that I hate about TLOU forums..

Jun 4, 2013

Tell me about it. I say one thing and I get ganged banged. I wasnt even that negative about it.

Message 2 of 12 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Jun 4, 2013

FakeDeath92 wrote:

If you have an opinion someone is always trying to knock you down. Or if you do not like the MP people are quick to join ND's side.

That first part is just life in general.

That second part is just a difference in opinion.

Nothing to really "hate" imo, just to accept.

Message 3 of 12 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
405 posts

Jun 4, 2013

I guess we all reverted back to our egocentric child hood.  lmao

photo tloumpreveal_zpse1518e02.jpg
Message 4 of 12 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Jun 4, 2013

I bash people down depending on how they formulated their opinion. 

I HATE it when people on these forums create this huge idea of what game THEY want this to be, and then say they're disappointed when it's NOT that. I absolutely can't stand that, and I argue against those opinions a lot.

However, if people present their opinions in such a way where I knew they were open-minded to begin with, then I respect it more. For instance.

I hate it when people go: I hope the multiplayer has cooperative gameplay where we can free roam and gather supplies to hold out against waves of enemies. 

Then say: I'm disappointed they have no cooperative mode. This sucks. What the heck was ND thinking? 

I don't mind it when people say: I'm looking forward to seeing what the multiplayer has to offer. I hope it is different enough from other multiplayer games I've played.

Then say: Well, I wasn't too impressed by the multiplayer presentation. The game just seems too combat heavy and it doesn't look like there will be too much variety.

The first one, they've already created the game in their mind so there's no way to satisfy them unless it's pretty much what they thought of or something close to it. The second option is a literal critque of the game based upon an open mind and not expecting a pre-thought game. It is based upon observing the mechanics on offer and judging if you like those mechanics rather than creating non-exsistent mechanics and not being fulfilled when they aren't there. Basically, the first one creates a game that doesn't exist, the second crituqes the game it is presented. 

Most of the people here, and most of the arguments on these forums, develop because of the first reason. Everyone wants to create THEIR perfect game. They have to understand they're not creating the game, though. They are playing another person's creation. Therefore, you don't expect it to have your elements. You expect it to present what it's meant to do as best as possible in the way the creator intended. If you don't like it after that, then that is your genuine opinion, and a respectful one. 

That's my beef on these forums, and most other gaming forums. I don't know why gamers are like this more often than not.

Message 5 of 12 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

FakeDeath92 wrote:

Honestly...that's what I LOVE most about TLOU forums. When they try to come at me, I haze the living crap out of them so mercilessly, they end up crying saying, "leave me alone" "bug off" ect, ect. lol,  In other words...I have fun. ^_^

Message 6 of 12 (205 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1410 posts

Jun 4, 2013
this is the internet.
were you expecting people to show some compassion?
 photo newcolesigtest_zps63cc5eb3.png
Message 7 of 12 (187 Views)
Wastelander
768 posts

Jun 4, 2013

OMEGA_MEXICAN wrote:
this is the internet.
were you expecting people to show some compassion?

exactly! The Lannisters and Bolton sure didn't show any compassion...*sob*

Message 8 of 12 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

I think people should back off and quit bashing other people for having their own opinions.

Message 9 of 12 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Rogue_Eagle wrote:

I bash people down depending on how they formulated their opinion. 

I HATE it when people on these forums create this huge idea of what game THEY want this to be, and then say they're disappointed when it's NOT that. I absolutely can't stand that, and I argue against those opinions a lot.

However, if people present their opinions in such a way where I knew they were open-minded to begin with, then I respect it more. For instance.

I hate it when people go: I hope the multiplayer has cooperative gameplay where we can free roam and gather supplies to hold out against waves of enemies. 

Then say: I'm disappointed they have no cooperative mode. This sucks. What the heck was ND thinking? 

I don't mind it when people say: I'm looking forward to seeing what the multiplayer has to offer. I hope it is different enough from other multiplayer games I've played.

Then say: Well, I wasn't too impressed by the multiplayer presentation. The game just seems too combat heavy and it doesn't look like there will be too much variety.

The first one, they've already created the game in their mind so there's no way to satisfy them unless it's pretty much what they thought of or something close to it. The second option is a literal critque of the game based upon an open mind and not expecting a pre-thought game. It is based upon observing the mechanics on offer and judging if you like those mechanics rather than creating non-exsistent mechanics and not being fulfilled when they aren't there. Basically, the first one creates a game that doesn't exist, the second crituqes the game it is presented. 

Most of the people here, and most of the arguments on these forums, develop because of the first reason. Everyone wants to create THEIR perfect game. They have to understand they're not creating the game, though. They are playing another person's creation. Therefore, you don't expect it to have your elements. You expect it to present what it's meant to do as best as possible in the way the creator intended. If you don't like it after that, then that is your genuine opinion, and a respectful one. 

That's my beef on these forums, and most other gaming forums. I don't know why gamers are like this more often than not.

Holy wall of text bat----meme denied :smileyvery-happy:

I agree, people need to learn that such time, and effort goes into this form of art, and can't be changed in a matter of seconds. (Alot of people seem to think that) Granted, people are allowed to have their opinions, I'll give them that, but there's a fine line between stating your opinion, and just being an outright **bleep**.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 10 of 12 (102 Views)
0 Likes