Highlighted
Jun 25 2013
By: MaidenVelka Hekseville Citizen 339 posts

Outskirts:Downtown on Survivor. Is it possible to Stealth?

27 replies 514 views Edited Jun 25, 2013

I'm sure this is a questioned that has been asked already, but I attempted to search it and came up empty.

As the title states, I am attempting to Stealth my way through the Downtown section of the Outskirts.  You know the room, with one clicker and four runners - the first big challenge of the game.  Well, I've given it twenty tries now and am always seen.  I could 'probably' still complete the room with some health lost and supplies wasted, but I'm not comfortable with that.

The BIG problem is that the Runners in Survivor have the hearing of a god.  Even when I creep at the slowest possible up behind them they ALWAYS detect me and turn around.  I've watched several YouTube vids claiming to defeat this part on Survivor, and they too do not have a successful Stealth attempt.

So, is it possible?  If you believe so, please share a tip or better, a link.

Message 1 of 28 (514 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
428 posts

Re: Outskirts:Downtown on Survivor. Is it possible to Stealth?

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

You cant stealth through there, Soon as you get to the top there is a trolley blocking the door. When you go to move it, it makes very loud noise in which it attracts all the infected towards you.

To go through that door, you need help of Ellie/Tess and they want come down until the room is clear.

TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Message 2 of 28 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Jun 25, 2013

i just played this level and stealth killed them all on survivor. 

2.0+ K/D and 2.0 - 5.0+ W/L on any COD , BF3, Resistance 3, and The last of us
Message 3 of 28 (481 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

MaidenVelka wrote:

I'm sure this is a questioned that has been asked already, but I attempted to search it and came up empty.

As the title states, I am attempting to Stealth my way through the Downtown section of the Outskirts.  You know the room, with one clicker and four runners - the first big challenge of the game.  Well, I've given it twenty tries now and am always seen.  I could 'probably' still complete the room with some health lost and supplies wasted, but I'm not comfortable with that.

The BIG problem is that the Runners in Survivor have the hearing of a god.  Even when I creep at the slowest possible up behind them they ALWAYS detect me and turn around.  I've watched several YouTube vids claiming to defeat this part on Survivor, and they too do not have a successful Stealth attempt.

So, is it possible?  If you believe so, please share a tip or better, a link.

Nope, that part you actually have to kill everything before Tell and Ellie jump down. Luckily though it is pretty easy to stealth kill the majority and finish off the rest with melee/bullets for the clicker if you happen to get spotted.

The subway area however you can totally stealth around (you really need to on survivor to save your supplies) bricks and bottles will be your best friends and they are plentiful on that part.

Message 4 of 28 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
428 posts

Jun 25, 2013

SuicideDrug wrote:

i just played this level and stealth killed them all on survivor. 

Well i stealth killed one and had to have a Royal Rumble with the rest  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 28 (475 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Jun 25, 2013

I hope that you could, since the game starts you off steath-ing for that room.  Any tips or ideas?

Message 6 of 28 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
428 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Once you jump down go down to you right and stealth kill the runner first, one less to worry about, his back is turned to you, should be easy to do and there is a wooden plank and bottle you can pick up there.

Then turn back to where you jumped off and go into the second room on your left and wait for the runner to come in and stealth him.

After that i advise you to take out the clicker in timely manner since you cant stealth him, his back is against the wall.

Then you have 1 or 2 runners left, i say just melee them.

Message 7 of 28 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Jun 26, 2013

That second Runner you mentioned, either he or one that circles the pillar toward the back, are the problems for me.  When I approach them, even moving at my slowest, they automatically detect me.  As if it's not even hearing, but rather an affect of my being in range.

Message 8 of 28 (412 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
428 posts

Jun 26, 2013

MaidenVelka wrote:

That second Runner you mentioned, either he or one that circles the pillar toward the back, are the problems for me.  When I approach them, even moving at my slowest, they automatically detect me.  As if it's not even hearing, but rather an affect of my being in range.

Try to distract his attention with a bottle melee him then disappear from the room.

Message 9 of 28 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 26, 2013
Turn off your flashlight and the Runners won't turn around when you creep up behind them slowly. Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 28 (398 Views)
0 Likes