First Son
10 posts

Re: Outskirts:Downtown on Survivor. Is it possible to Stealth?

Jun 26, 2013

That room gave me difficulties as well on survivor the runner in the room is like a freak or something because it heard me every time too, I used a brick and just caught it at the edge of the desk where he comes in at, It wasn't quiet but a little jog around and up to the top I was able to break line of site and go stealth again, it was really easy to take out the remaining infected at that point, didn't take any damage only used bricks.

Message 11 of 28 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Jun 26, 2013

From what I can tell the flashlight means nothing in this game except to help the player see in the creepy atmosphere.  I say this because I've watched vids of people who never turn it off and are successful with stealth, and I almost never turn mine on, and am unsuccessful.

Running and regaining the stealth element sounds like a really good plan.  I'm close enough to confident to kill two of the Runners in stealth, so then I could brick a third and run.  I was unaware that you could go up top before the mobs were all dead.  Are we talking about the eventual exit path?  I've noticed it looked available while I was dying, but never thought to try it.  Will the Runners not follow?  Can they even do that?

Message 12 of 28 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 26, 2013
If you go up to move to drawer it makes a loud as hell sound and attracts all the infected in the ro
Message 13 of 28 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 26, 2013
Sorry double post
Room*
Message 14 of 28 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1407 posts

Jun 26, 2013
Flashlight doesnt cause the infected to notice you. But it will cause the hunters/fireflies to notice you.
Message 15 of 28 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 26, 2013
I wonder why. I tested the flashlight theory in the demo and the Runners in that same section noticed me.

Did they change it or something? I'm 100% confident if a Runner is walking and my flashlight is on they turn around if I'm right behind them at least in Survivor
Message 16 of 28 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
428 posts

Jun 26, 2013

luctiger98 wrote:
I wonder why. I tested the flashlight theory in the demo and the Runners in that same section noticed me.

Did they change it or something? I'm 100% confident if a Runner is walking and my flashlight is on they turn around if I'm right behind them at least in Survivor

Same in normal, i think its always been like that, only clickers want notice it.

TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Message 17 of 28 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Cimbom19855 wrote:

luctiger98 wrote:

Same in normal, i think its always been like that, only clickers want notice it.

Wrong.... It says as a "tip" in death loading screens "INFECTED RUNNERS" ignore your flashlight.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 18 of 28 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
428 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Bashilir wrote:

Cimbom19855 wrote:

luctiger98 wrote:

Wrong.... It says as a "tip" in death loading screens "INFECTED RUNNERS" ignore your flashlight.

If you say so bro!  Smiley Happy

TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Message 19 of 28 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Cimbom19855 wrote:

Bashilir wrote:

Cimbom19855 wrote:

luctiger98 wrote:

If you say so bro!  Smiley Happy

Just sayin' mayn, surely if the game tells  you that, it's true, right?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 20 of 28 (353 Views)
0 Likes