Wastelander
594 posts

Re: Outskirts:Downtown on Survivor. Is it possible to Stealth?

Jun 26, 2013
Thats a misleading tip.

Tell me when in the game you find an uninfrcted runner. Huh?

They mean the Runners that are stationary and have their heads in their hands. They can ignore your flashlight until the cows come home
Message 21 of 28 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 26, 2013
Uninfected*
Double post sorry
Message 22 of 28 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
428 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Bashilir wrote:

Cimbom19855 wrote:

Bashilir wrote:

Cimbom19855 wrote:

luctiger98 wrote:
I wonder why. I tested the flashlight theory in the demo and the Runners in that same section noticed me.

Did they change it or something? I'm 100% confident if a Runner is walking and my flashlight is on they turn around if I'm right behind them at least in Survivor

Same in normal, i think its always been like that, only clickers want notice it.

Wrong.... It says as a "tip" in death loading screens "INFECTED RUNNERS" ignore your flashlight.

If you say so bro!  Smiley Happy

Just sayin' mayn, surely if the game tells  you that, it's true, right?

Am just agreeing with you, no problem here  Smiley Happy

TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Message 23 of 28 (146 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Jun 29, 2013

I failed roughly 10 times before beating this part!  I kept taking out the first guy you come across (on the right hand of the room), then the one who sneaks into the room to the rear of you, but then everytime I went for the others the noise got heard by the Clicker.  Eventually, I thought "the heck with it" stealth killed the first guy, went after the Clicker, ran like mad and then took on the other 3 guys at once. Not sure how but I managed to beat them.

Message 24 of 28 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Jul 9, 2013

Just wanted to write out my tactic for finally getting beyond this part.  I consider it one of the hardest rooms of the game, so:

-First thing is to turn around and sneak into the room containing the desks and couch on the far wall.  This room has two doorways, and a single Runner will wander through one door and out the door, passing by the desks, with his back to the couch.  The only way I could kill him was to hide behind the end of the couch, then sneak up and choke him out.  All other ways, like following him through the doorway, would allow him to magically hear me.  So, sneak in and hide behind desks as the Runner passes by once, then get to the end of the couch to kill on the second rotation.

-Go back to the starting point and kill the obvious Runner who is standing still.

-Wait for the patrolling police Runner to pass around and then very slowly sneak up and hopefully you have a brick to kill the Clicker.  If not, I suppose the best option is to shoot it in the head.

-Then run, as I learned from this thread, to the climb-able ledge and wait for the remaining two Runners to follow you.  They came up one at a time and were easy to dispatch with only a minimal loss of life using melee.

TL;DR version:

1.Sneak into room with desks, hide behind them for first Runner pass.  Move behind couch and stealh kill.

2.Kill still Runner at your leisure.

3.Wait for patrolling cop to pass and brick-fu the Clicker.

4.Climb ledge and kill Runners with melee.

Message 25 of 28 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3659 posts

Jul 9, 2013

Message 26 of 28 (89 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jul 9, 2013

One thing else to remember is to have a brick or bottle ready when trting to stealth kill.  If you get noticed throught it at them and it stuns them. not for long mind you, but at that point you can run or attack your choice.

Message 27 of 28 (82 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jul 9, 2013
Kill the stationary army runner first, then wait for the other army runner to pass by. Once he has his back turned, slowly creep by behind him and mash triangle. After that, go back out and stealth kill the other runner that enters a side room. Wait for the patrolling runner to be at it's closest point to u and stealth kill it also. Pick up the 2x4 nearby, throw a brick/bottle at the clicker and do a running 2x4 hit on it, and just mash some more if it didn't get taken down.
Message 28 of 28 (75 Views)
0 Likes