Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 02 2014
By: lNoctus First Son 2 posts

PLEASE bring the old machete back in the last of us mulitplayer

4 replies 180 views Edited Aug 2, 2014
The new machete after the patch is complete garbage and useless, and that's not an understatement. Before the patch I could one shot with the revolver and hit the enemy once and they're down, even with armor on they would get down if shot in the leg once .. The machete wasn't over powered, it was fair game because everything else can kill you just as fast and come on it's a **bleep** machete it's suppose to hurt you good! Now with the three hit combo and the super damage nerf I'd be lucky to get 2 kills out of the thing without having to rebuy another. Yeah I hating losing to the 2x4 in the past but most of the time I'd win. I'll still lose to the 2x4 even with the 3 hit, if shot by the enemy I'd stall and the 3 hit would become useless. It doesn't have enough hits for what damage it dishes out, it should honestly have 6 standard hits and 4 upgrade hits since the damage is a halved or so, GETTING TO THE MAIN POINT - naughty dog please give the players an option to use the old machete or the 3 hit machete as a choice at least OR bring back the old machete damage and give it a fast 2 hit combo, now that would make sense!! If anyone believes the machete hasn't been needed then you never used the machete before as a main weapon or you just have hate towards it cause you got messed up by somebody with skill. I hope you read his ND and consider this, the new machete is too underpowered and against all other weapons , it's useless.
Message 1 of 5 (180 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: PLEASE bring the old machete back in the last of us mulitplayer

Aug 2, 2014
If anyone believes the machete hasn't been nerfed*****
Message 2 of 5 (175 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Sep 24, 2014

Bring back teh old machete!!!! Come on Naughty Dog!

Message 3 of 5 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9319 posts

Sep 24, 2014
The machete is fine

Message 4 of 5 (103 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 24, 2014

No, it's not, although I bet you think the flamethrower is fine too, lol.

Upping the durability of the machete is problably the only plausible thing to do. I'm pretty sure one of the lead MP developers was saying in a video that ND put out of how he "fixed" the machete (by changing it to what it is now), so it's doubtful he'll change his mind since he thinks he's actually improved on it.

Message 5 of 5 (88 Views)
0 Likes