Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Re: PLEASE make an HD The Last of Us for the ps4

Oct 17, 2013
Gentleman gentlemen. All I want is a 1080p 60 fps version. Maybe I didn't clarify. I know tlou is hd. I just want it a higher rez
Message 11 of 22 (2,498 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Oct 17, 2013

themarcshark223 wrote:
Gentleman gentlemen. All I want is a 1080p 60 fps version. Maybe I didn't clarify. I know tlou is hd. I just want it a higher rez

Well, in fact that the PS4 has an lack of real good first party titles, (yea killzone/knack are nice) but 2 games are not the world, it would be a easy and great way to port it to PS4.

I would buy it even it wouldn't scale to HD.

"So don’t tell us we’d be happy with some other characters/games because the truth is, we’d just be more disappointed." - conquerator3

❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Ellie: I've listen to your lie, and your story. And I can't take it anymore.
Message 12 of 22 (2,484 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
26178 posts

Oct 18, 2013

If this game were being released now, then it would be a different story. Naughty Dog is not going to spend time, resources, man hours, and most importantly MONEY on making a PS4 version of this game when they are already working on their next game.

You CAN still own a Ps3 and a PS4. One doesn't preclude the other.

Message 13 of 22 (2,475 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 18, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

If this game were being released now, then it would be a different story. Naughty Dog is not going to spend time, resources, man hours, and most importantly MONEY on making a PS4 version of this game when they are already working on their next game.

Ever heard of porting? It would take a small team 2-3 months to port the game from PS3 to PS4. The consoles have almost the exact same architecture, one just runs on a x86 OS, making it more like a PC, and Windows (Making it much easier for development); I wouldn't be surprised if it took less time for ND to port it.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 14 of 22 (2,463 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
26178 posts

Oct 18, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Ever heard of porting? It would take a small team 2-3 months to port the game from PS3 to PS4. The consoles have almost the exact same architecture, one just runs on a x86 OS, making it more like a PC, and Windows (Making it much easier for development); I wouldn't be surprised if it took less time for ND to port it.

Ever hear of something called "an established user base"? Naughty Dog are going to sell more copies on the PS3 than they would on the PS4. Game development is an expensive process, and I know that the gamer cognoscenti believes that video games and developers are nothing but an altruistic enterprise, and everything is done "for the betterment of the community" while programmers live in squalor. That is an unmitigated crock, it's a BUSINESS, and it is not good business to port over a six month old game, thinking that people are going to double dip. Even the title of this topic shows how skewed thinking among "gamers" is, attempting to justify a "HD" version of a game... that's ALREADY in high defintion!

Do you honestly think that people are going to double dip on this game? Just because you are buying a PS4 doesn't preclude you from buying this game on the PS3. I know that there's this thinking among the gamer cognoscenti that you only have one choice, A or B. In real life, however, that is not the case.

Message 15 of 22 (2,448 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Oct 18, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Ever hear of something called "an established user base"? Naughty Dog are going to sell more copies on the PS3 than they would on the PS4. Game development is an expensive process, and I know that the gamer cognoscenti believes that video games and developers are nothing but an altruistic enterprise, and everything is done "for the betterment of the community" while programmers live in squalor. That is an unmitigated crock, it's a BUSINESS, and it is not good business to port over a six month old game, thinking that people are going to double dip. Even the title of this topic shows how skewed thinking among "gamers" is, attempting to justify a "HD" version of a game... that's ALREADY in high defintion!

Do you honestly think that people are going to double dip on this game? Just because you are buying a PS4 doesn't preclude you from buying this game on the PS3. I know that there's this thinking among the gamer cognoscenti that you only have one choice, A or B. In real life, however, that is not the case.

Way to avoid the question, and talk about nothing related to it at all. You do realize I'm talking about a port over to the PS4 instead of re-making the entire game, most people who are going to get a PS4, I would assume are trading in their previous consoles; For any of those who do trade in a PS3, would obviously want to keep some of their favorite games. Personally for me, I would love to have TLoU on PS4, because I wouldn't have to hook up my PS3 to play it again. I rarely hooked up my first Xbox when the 360 came out, because I didn't want to keep playing on an outdated console.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 16 of 22 (2,442 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Oct 18, 2013
I'd get it for the PS4...
Message 17 of 22 (2,428 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Oct 18, 2013
The PS2 didn't prove that a console doesn't have to become outdated? Games were made, and systems sold, for years after the PS3 release.

I know there is no way in h*ll I am getting a ps4 at launch because it will have bugs and a crappy selection of quality games. I also with certainty that I will not be discarded my PS3 for many years, if I ever do. There are already games I want to be able to play until time stops, but there is also Dark Souls 2 coming out in march.
Message 18 of 22 (2,422 Views)
Lombax Warrior
229 posts

Oct 18, 2013

Lol, everyones arguing but it still boils down to what I said at the start of the thread - It will probably happen but right now is too soon. Honestly, it's really not worth getting that wound up about lads. 

Message 19 of 22 (2,414 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11234 posts

Oct 18, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Way to avoid the question, and talk about nothing related to it at all. You do realize I'm talking about a port over to the PS4 instead of re-making the entire game, most people who are going to get a PS4, I would assume are trading in their previous consoles; For any of those who do trade in a PS3, would obviously want to keep some of their favorite games. Personally for me, I would love to have TLoU on PS4, because I wouldn't have to hook up my PS3 to play it again. I rarely hooked up my first Xbox when the 360 came out, because I didn't want to keep playing on an outdated console.

:smileylol:

Message 20 of 22 (2,405 Views)
0 Likes