Jan 11 2014
By: damiencjk First Son 3 posts

PS3 > PS4

14 replies 537 views Edited Jan 11, 2014

By far the greatest game i've ever played, but I'm not buying a 6th PS3 (excessive gamer), we are going on 2015 and I own a PS4 now, i'd like to play TLOU on PS4 even if I have to pay you greedy *bleeps* a second time, hook me up kk plz thx.

Message 1 of 15 (537 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Re: PS3 > PS4

Jan 11, 2014

Playstation Now is coming out this summer, and it allows you to stream PS3 games to PS4, Vita's, Tablets, T.V's, and more. Buy a subscription to that when it comes out.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 2 of 15 (525 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
30 posts

Jan 11, 2014

It being on PS Now is not a valid reason not to have a full PS4 version. The game is not going to look as good and it's not going to perform as good with PS Now. 

Message 3 of 15 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Jan 12, 2014

There's no reason for them to do a PS4 version other than some people whinning for it, especially with Playstation Now. They've already said there are no plans to do so. And unless they hand it off to a third party to do so, there won't be a PS4 version of it

Message 4 of 15 (443 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Jan 12, 2014

jordy-shorty442 wrote:

It being on PS Now is not a valid reason not to have a full PS4 version. The game is not going to look as good and it's not going to perform as good with PS Now. 

It absolutley is. How smooth it is will depend on your connection, and it's going to look the exact same as PS3. It's not a Vita version, it's a PS3 version being streamed to Vita's, etc. Nothing has to be toned down.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
Message 5 of 15 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Jan 12, 2014

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

jordy-shorty442 wrote:

It absolutley is. How smooth it is will depend on your connection, and it's going to look the exact same as PS3. It's not a Vita version, it's a PS3 version being streamed to Vita's, etc. Nothing has to be toned down.

No, he is right.

I believe I've read that the game experience will adjust according to your connection.

And from what I've read, even the best possible stream looks very slightly worse than the real PS3 game.

And then there could be lagg and stuff.

The PS Now will still be a great thing though I'd still like to have a 4 version. 

Message 6 of 15 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Jan 12, 2014

conquerator3 wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

jordy-shorty442 wrote:

No, he is right.

I believe I've read that the game experience will adjust according to your connection.

And from what I've read, even the best possible stream looks very slightly worse than the real PS3 game.

And then there could be lagg and stuff.

The PS Now will still be a great thing though I'd still like to have a 4 version. 

Aw man, really? Sheesh. Oh well, as long as it's not terribly noticable, it won't be too bad.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
Message 7 of 15 (380 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 31, 2014

Thanks for the input folks ...

Any event, i'm still "dying" to play The Last of Us once again someday, and without streaming (buffering ... buffering ...) on an expensive 5-10MB/s (byte not bit) connection, even though I will try when it releases Smiley Tongue

For now it's the youtube cut-scenes I guess,

Thanks!!

Message 8 of 15 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
265 posts

Jan 31, 2014
How any game preforms on PS now will be dependant upon your internet connection speed ! So if you plan to play a lot of PS3 games on your PS4 then you need to make sure you have fast internet, if not then I wouldn't worry about it.
Message 9 of 15 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1461 posts

Jan 31, 2014

I don't need a PS4 version of this game, however if/when they do release a squel to this game it d@m n sure better be FOR the PS4. 

I have major doubts about how well PS Now is gonna work.  So many people streaming FULL games over the internet sounds like a disaster to me.  Even with really good connections (like my home connection) I'm concerned about how well it will work.  I actually am an XBOX convert and bought a PS4 on Black Friday.  I didn't realize until I was literally standing in line to buy it that it wasn't backwards compatible (my own fault not researching I guess I just thought that was a no brainer that it would play PS3 games).  I was excited to go back and play all the exclusives I missed out on over the last 7 years.  So I went and bought a used PS3 on Craigs List pretty cheap and have been playing that since.  So now I have both systems and use both.  But TLOU is the best game I've ever played hands down and I'm really happy I finally got to play it on the PS3.

Message 10 of 15 (222 Views)
0 Likes