Survivor
2125 posts

Re: *Media Coverage!* The Last of Us Censorship Compared! [NSFW]

Aug 6, 2013

Psyschock wrote:

Darijan_Umag wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:
Lol, calm down everyone. The forums crashed yesterday and all posts made yesterday in EVERY PS forum was deleted.

That's convenient...and what about the original / first post in this thread being edited by EvangM? That was the side-effect from the forums crashing lol Robot Very Happy

Wait, how do you know it was EvangM who edited the OP? If he really did that, then it shows that ND is trying harder to put this issue under the rug rather than trying to fix it. Smiley Indifferent

This is the reason:

Edit: Formatting

Message 461 of 857 (565 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 6, 2013

TheJungler wrote:
Oops, hope EvangM didn't get in too much trouble for responding, but it's a sad sign that devs can't even be up front and tell the truth about poor decisions that were taken, even if all they really said was a confirmation of the facts we all already knew!

Also it's sad that no big gaming sites bothered to report on it (even though the captures were right there to see) until there was the 'official response' then when one wrote it the others picked up from that and basically copied the article, right down to embedding the message image.

It's a shame they were all written so shallowly, and at face value too, not really questioning why or what could be done about it. Just taking it for granted that they "HAD" to censor it for the region (which they clearly didn't).

There needs to be a bit of an exposé done on the inconsistencies with censorship policies, and liberties taken at the consumers' expense with this and other games.

And it all could have been forgivable if they'd told us up front.

Seriously, Sony is pulling some dirty tricks lately. First they trick everyone into thinking the game is completely uncensored in Germany by saying there are no differences when compared to the other EU versions. Later it turns out the multiplayer is censored in all PAL versions. Sneaky Sony. Now they are censoring the comments here in this forum. This is getting worse and worse. Instead of admitting what they did they are simply trying to sweep everything under the rug.

Message 462 of 857 (562 Views)
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Aug 6, 2013

Ignus-Dej wrote:

TheJungler wrote:
Oops, hope EvangM didn't get in too much trouble for responding, but it's a sad sign that devs can't even be up front and tell the truth about poor decisions that were taken, even if all they really said was a confirmation of the facts we all already knew!

Also it's sad that no big gaming sites bothered to report on it (even though the captures were right there to see) until there was the 'official response' then when one wrote it the others picked up from that and basically copied the article, right down to embedding the message image.

It's a shame they were all written so shallowly, and at face value too, not really questioning why or what could be done about it. Just taking it for granted that they "HAD" to censor it for the region (which they clearly didn't).

There needs to be a bit of an exposé done on the inconsistencies with censorship policies, and liberties taken at the consumers' expense with this and other games.

And it all could have been forgivable if they'd told us up front.

Seriously, Sony is pulling some dirty tricks lately. First they trick everyone into thinking the game is completely uncensored in Germany by saying there are no differences when compared to the other EU versions. Later it turns out the multiplayer is censored in all PAL versions. Sneaky Sony. Now they are censoring the comments here in this forum. This is getting worse and worse. Instead of admitting what they did they are simply trying to sweep everything under the rug.

And all they say is the "European standards" BS over and over.
 While we all know it only Germany that has those requirements. They really must think we are F*CKING STUPID to believe that answer.

If you wants to swallow the "European standards" please elaborate what standards and what classification organization has them. PEGI said already they dont censor anything.

Editor/Organizer
Message 463 of 857 (541 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Aug 6, 2013

It was a forum bug. No one deleted any comments.

Some people...

Message 464 of 857 (518 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 7, 2013
Message 465 of 857 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
613 posts

!!!

[ Edited ]
Aug 7, 2013

A message from Ramify (the guy who started this thread)...

Ramify Banned

So yeah.... it has come to this. Soon we will all be banned, and this thread edited, censored, closed, and forgotten? And for what? For seeking out the truth, and answers. Well I guess, this society isn't so "free" as we think it is! This is a small issue compared to some of the bigger problems in the world (wars, famine ect.), but it still doesn't deserve to be put under the rug.

Message 466 of 857 (372 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Aug 7, 2013

I understand the forum maintenance excuse, but I don't understand why he was banned. Smiley Indifferent What gives?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 467 of 857 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
613 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 7, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

I understand the forum maintenance excuse, but I don't understand why he was banned. Smiley Indifferent What gives?

I am guessing it has something to do with him posting a screenshot from a PM (private message) between him and EvangM? Because in PS Community Forums -  Rules of Conduct & Forum Guidelines it is stated "Please don’t: Violate anyone’s privacy or post your own identifying information. We take down any phone numbers, addresses and any other personally identifying information that is posted in public. This also includes posting PMs from other users/officials in the public forums."

But to ban someone just like that, for doing that, is beyond me...

Message 468 of 857 (355 Views)
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Aug 7, 2013

Naughty Dog / SONY , Please stop with the dirty tricks, the intentional misleading PR, and the silly bans. People used to have the image that you were an open transparent company... now not so much.

All this silence about the censorship and silent ban of users that complain is not getting you any good publicity.

Soon the fact that the thread starter was banned will be all over the media and things will get even worse!

Editor/Organizer
Message 469 of 857 (342 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1487 posts

Re: !!!

[ Edited ]
Aug 7, 2013

Darijan_Umag wrote:

A message from Ramify (the guy who started this thread)...

Ramify Banned

So yeah.... it has come to this. Soon we will all be banned, and this thread edited, censored, closed, and forgotten? And for what? For seeking out the truth, and answers. Well I guess, this society isn't so "free" as we think it is! This is a small issue compared to some of the bigger problems in the world (wars, famine ect.), but it still doesn't deserve to be put under the rug.

Wow, just wow. Look how scared they are about losing potential future sales. ND/SCEE, you started a war you can't win. If you continue this BS I will create alt accounts and destroy the MP section of the TLOU forum by spamming it with hundreds and hundreds of "Uncensor TLOU EU MP!" threads. I'm cereal.

------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Message 470 of 857 (305 Views)