Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Re: *I'm Back!* The Last of Us Censorship Compared! [NSFW]

Aug 21, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:
 I simply wanted to clarify that ND has not been silent on this issue and that it is out of our control since we don't publish our games.

Yeah, only after the community found out it was censored and bugged you over and over at every opportunity.

The right thing to do would have been what David Jaffe done with Twisted Metal. Let everyone know before the game came out, that it's censored because of SCEE and is out of your hands.

Not silence until we notice it and bug you over and over, then try and play if off as if you've done nothing wrong because you eventually made a comment, after everyone had already bought it and found out for themeselves.

Message 601 of 854 (716 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Aug 21, 2013

David Jaffe has balls of steel. Maybe that's why he doesn't work for Sony anymore.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 602 of 854 (713 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1435 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 21, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

David Jaffe has balls of steel. Maybe that's why he doesn't work for Sony anymore.

His game was the 1st to get censored by the new SCEE/ SNEE standards (not EU ND!) and they didn't liked it so he said "**bleep** you all" to them. Maybe he also only told us in advance because he knew he will leave the company behind anyway.

--------ND/SCEE: UNCENSOR TLOU EU MP ALREADY!--------
----Greetings from Sony Censortainment Network Europe----
------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Message 603 of 854 (659 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
343 posts

Aug 21, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

AST2008 wrote:

MacGruber310 wrote:

Jacko_the_lad wrote:

ND doesn't reply. People moan about ND not replying.

ND reply. People moan about ND replying.

:smileyhappy:

Thank you. I'm a game designer, I have nothing to do with publishing or censorship. I have no idea why the game was censored in Europe since I'm not involved in that process. I simply wanted to clarify that ND has not been silent on this issue and that it is out of our control since we don't publish our games.

I fully appreciate that you're not directly responsible for the censorship but as you work for ND and we don't you are in a far better position to find out the answer to these quiestion and let us (your customers) know.

It would be appreciated by me at least.

It may seem that way but I know as much as you guys do about this so there is really no one for me to get in touch. I really don't have contact with anyone from Sony since I don't work directly for them, I work for Naughty Dog. I cannot find out any information about this, sorry guys.

fair enough, thanks for the reply.

so basically you (ND) submitted a final version to Sony but were then told it would have to be chsnged for EU regions so you went ahead and chsnged it.

the big questions remain: why were we not informed about the censorship beforehand and what chance, if the right people are asked, are the chances of uhhs EU (and australian?) players getting a patch in the future?

Message 604 of 854 (638 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Aug 22, 2013

So it isnt ND fault, but NOBODY at ND is capable of contacting Sony to sort this out?

Its mainly ND that is getting a bad image with this, not Sony.

Editor/Organizer
Message 605 of 854 (547 Views)
Gaming Beast
2035 posts

Aug 22, 2013

ManatuBear wrote:

So it isnt ND fault, but NOBODY at ND is capable of contacting Sony to sort this out?

Eric can. He contacted SCEE when U3 DLC wasn't showing up in the EU Store. Hopefully he can do the same, this time with the censorship in mind.

Message 606 of 854 (527 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Aug 25, 2013

TeabagMcFrag wrote:

ManatuBear wrote:

Eric can. He contacted SCEE when U3 DLC wasn't showing up in the EU Store. Hopefully he can do the same, this time with the censorship in mind.

If they haven't done its because its not of their interest. Selling DLC is of their interest, bothering with naggy users is not.

I fully expect Killzone Shadow Fall to be censored like this too, its so much easier to be lazy and make a single EU version than bothering with USK (But they still do a UK version for some reason...)

August is nearly over and no info on patch, DLC or this.

I FULLY regret having bought the Season Pass and i WILL NEVER BUY another ND Season Pass.

Editor/Organizer
Message 607 of 854 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 25, 2013

lol, so when money is involved, they have contact info. When it's not, they lose the contact details :smileyvery-happy:.

But this is costing them money. No way I will buy their DLC after this. SCEE is not free either. I was going to buy the the Killzone Mercenary VITA bundle, but then remembered, SCEE, so holding off now to make sure it isn't censored. Beyond two souls is now hold off and see if it's censored.

Mercenary on vita, I am quite worried about, the trailers of it show some up close and personal throat slices.

Message 608 of 854 (406 Views)
Lombax Warrior
70 posts

Aug 26, 2013

Ok, so I've been working on this for much longer than I thought it would take but it's finally finished.

Seeing as this thread is dying down with no real hope of a solution from Naughty Dog themselves, it's time to get organised, so I've created a blog, with accompanying Twitter ID and Facebook Page for:

"SCE Uncut"

The aim of which is to raise awareness, get followers (much easier than convincing people to sign a petition) and then get attention from the gaming press and make them see that far from being isolated incidences of censorship, this is actually now part of SCE's business plan to give the entire EU Germany's gimped version of games.

please check it out, give me feedback, suggestions etc, follow the twitter, like the facebook and, most importantly, let your friends and other people know. The reason this hasn't blown up bigger yet is because most people just aren't aware it's happening.

I've written posts for an intro, for each game (twisted metal, god of war: ascension, the last of us), a 'how to help' page, and a 'future' page looking at games yet to be released.

All the info is on the tumblr blog, with the twitter and facebook purely as an easier way to get followers and clearly show how much support the campaign's getting.

Hope you guys like it, i've spent my entire weekend writing this up!

http://sceuncut.tumblr.com

https://twitter.com/SCEUncutBlog

https://www.facebook.com/sceuncut

I'm going to post on a couple of other forums tonight, but if any of you are on Neogaf it would be great if you could post something there, it's a pain to register with and might get taken more seriously by someone with more than 1 post to their name!

Thanks

Shedding light on SCE/SCEE's policy of blanket EU censorship.

We don't accept the wall of silence!

http://sceuncut.tumblr.com - http://facebook.com/sceuncut - http://twitter.com/sceuncutblog
Message 609 of 854 (345 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

Aug 26, 2013

You must have a lot of spare time, Jungler.

Message 610 of 854 (309 Views)
0 Likes