Highlighted
Survivor
2119 posts

Re: *Join The Cause!* The Last of Us Censorship Compared! [NSFW]

Oct 16, 2013

monkeybutler100 wrote:

FriedGoatUS wrote:
this thread is dead.

Trust in ND and Sony not to treat europeans like second class customers is dead.

Sad but true.

Also gone are the days when the EU wait was rewarded with more content, like Penance and Dark Aeons in FFX and Ico's lightsaber.

Message 761 of 857 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Nov 5, 2013

If anyone's interested, I had a civil discussion with Eric-ND regarding the issue in this thread:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/10/15/the-last-of-us-abandoned-territories-map-pack-and-patch-1-...

sadly it ended with a rather obtuse statement and it's clear there's no intent of rectifying the issue.

I doubt I'll return to this forum since logging-in now redirects me to the SCEA homepage for some reason, and it's taken me about 20 minutes to navigate here without getting logged out. 

For what it's worth, I'm disgusted by SEEE's censorship policy and won't be buying any censored products from them (or DLC for the one I already own). I'm still trying to get a refund for my digital copy of TLoU since it was mis-sold.

Message 762 of 857 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 5, 2013

If i am right they did this in God of War 4 MP as well (Sony), would be interesting why they did it, some say it is because of Germanys laws, but there are no laws that would prohibit this uncut version. They could have refused the USK 18+ rating for it so that they have to cut it to get this 18+ label. However than usually they make the pegi version uncut (austria, uk usw.) and cut only the german version, in this case it is easy for every european also the germans to buy the pegi version, dont understand this.

sorry if my English is not good, I am no native speaker, +the auto.correction doesn't work in this forum o0
Message 763 of 857 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Nov 6, 2013

Hahaha AMERICA!

Message 764 of 857 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2119 posts

Nov 6, 2013

DEAD_4_FUN wrote:

Hahaha AMERICA!

Objection.

Footage taken from UK MK vs DC disc. Those fatalities were censored in the US. All that was changed was the camera angle.

Also:

hhh

Message 765 of 857 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Nov 8, 2013

It's very sad and pathetic in this day and age that censorship is still present in videogames. Naughty Dog said there's nothing they could do about the multiplayer censorship of The Last of Us because of European legislations.

That's not true at all, a simple patch would do, and they still wouldn't be breaking any legislations in certain parts of Europe. Just because SOME countries like Germany have rigid laws about content in games, there's no reason ALL of Europe should get a butchered version, is there? Besides, if it's a game aimed at adults, i.e., 18+, it makes no sense.

Anyway, I hope one day a patch is released.

Message 766 of 857 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17603 posts

Nov 8, 2013

Wow, this is still going on?

Good luck, Don Quixote.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 767 of 857 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Nov 8, 2013

Well, I'm not sure how long this has been going for, but I was only expressing my view on the subject. I guess you're from the US, huh? Do you like ridiculous censorship? I mean, what do you think when a game is censored over that side of the world?

Message 768 of 857 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17603 posts

Nov 8, 2013

Stardust_PT wrote:

Well, I'm not sure how long this has been going for, but I was only expressing my view on the subject. I guess you're from the US, huh? Do you like ridiculous censorship? I mean, what do you think when a game is censored over that side of the world?

I think there must be a reason for it.  Since censoring content gets them in trouble with fans, and probabnly hurts sales, there's an executive somewhere making that choice, and since it's one involving angry customers and less money, it's a hard decision.

They aren't telling us what that process is.  Unfortunately.  

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 769 of 857 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Nov 8, 2013

I think there must be a reason for it.  Since censoring content gets them in trouble with fans, and probabnly hurts sales, there's an executive somewhere making that choice, and since it's one involving angry customers and less money, it's a hard decision.

They aren't telling us what that process is.  Unfortunately.  

Yeah, I know, but changing a game's content based on one country's laws is tottally unacceptable when there's 50 countries in Europe.

Message 770 of 857 (220 Views)
0 Likes