Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 11/05/2009
Offline
808 posts
 

Re: The Last of Us Censorship Compared (GIFS)! [NSFW]

Jul 2, 2013

FromTheDutch wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

bent_toe wrote:
Tell them your thoughts: ndi-dog@naughtydog.com.

Sorry to disappoint you, but emails to that address go straight to the Recycle Bin.

 

Getting attention from the media is the way to go.


TIME to give IGN a heads up then dont ya think?

 

This is utter BS. The Netherlands doesn't have  a censorship law yet they let everyone suffer. Really since Uncharted 3 ND hasn't been the same.

 

Still alot of laziness from this company: Similair multiplayer problems as previous games, they are already announcing Singleplayer DLC (that is suspious in the time range), a half baked multiplayer etc Smiley Indifferent.


I think it's time Naughty Dog address the issue.

Photobucket
Message 81 of 857 (689 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/12/2011
Offline
394 posts
 

Re: The Last of Us Censorship Compared (GIFS)! [NSFW]

Jul 2, 2013

When you execute someone with the purchasable shotgun does their head explode? I think it happened to me before.

 photo psd_signature_mass_effect_by_urrrrrrrrr-d4rckz9_zps4cdccc04.png
Message 82 of 857 (655 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 02/11/2010
Online
11601 posts
 

Re: The Last of Us Censorship Compared (GIFS)! [NSFW]

Jul 2, 2013

XPaddyCFCX wrote:

When you execute someone with the purchasable shotgun does their head explode? I think it happened to me before.


Yes

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 83 of 857 (624 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 06/09/2008
Offline
385 posts
 

Re: The Last of Us Censorship Compared (GIFS)! [NSFW]

Jul 2, 2013

FromTheDutch wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

bent_toe wrote:
Tell them your thoughts: ndi-dog@naughtydog.com.

Sorry to disappoint you, but emails to that address go straight to the Recycle Bin.

 

Getting attention from the media is the way to go.


TIME to give IGN a heads up then dont ya think?

 

This is utter BS. The Netherlands doesn't have  a censorship law yet they let everyone suffer. Really since Uncharted 3 ND hasn't been the same.

 

Still alot of laziness from this company: Similair multiplayer problems as previous games, they are already announcing Singleplayer DLC (that is suspious in the time range), a half baked multiplayer etc Smiley Indifferent.


Already emailed them Smiley Happy  but.. the more the merrier

Canon 1Ds
Message 84 of 857 (606 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: The Last of Us Censorship Compared (GIFS)! [NSFW]

Jul 2, 2013

I reckon that Eurogamer would be interested to post an article about it... Smiley Wink it's a very popular gaming site and I think it's based in the UK.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 85 of 857 (604 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/04/2010
Offline
1487 posts
 

Re: The Last of Us Censorship Compared (GIFS)! [NSFW]

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2013

Split_Spades wrote:

I already bought a game that's rated 18.  We already have a toggle for the Multiplayer gore.  The came is cut, it should have been said before release.

 

I'm not paying extra for something others get for free.  


We have? Makes it even more ridiculous. Still couldn't check out the MP yet, halway through my survial + playthrough.

And for ppl telling me it's ridiculous to add that feature with the season pass..."If you have an idea and want ND to implement it, you have to monetize it or they won't even consider it." That's how ND works since the release of UC3 unfortunately. Smiley Wink Smiley Sad They could also make it a 0,99€ unlock as age verification only in the German PSN store > free for the rest of the EU. That's how Sony released Dust 514 as a "F2P" game in the german store I read!

 

Edit: Even in Tap's sig from the UC3 days, lol.


------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------





Message 86 of 857 (583 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 06/09/2008
Offline
385 posts
 

Re: The Last of Us Censorship Compared (GIFS)! [NSFW]

Jul 2, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

I reckon that Eurogamer would be interested to post an article about it... Smiley Wink it's a very popular gaming site and I think it's based in the UK.


Hope someone is emailing them

Canon 1Ds
Message 87 of 857 (562 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 11/05/2009
Offline
808 posts
 

Re: The Last of Us Censorship Compared (GIFS)! [NSFW]

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2013

Yeah it's under the options menu just like the SP.  Pretty much the same without the blood.

Photobucket
Message 88 of 857 (552 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/02/2013
Offline
3 posts
 

Re: The Last of Us Censorship Compared (GIFS)! [NSFW]

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2013

I live in Germany and I feel you. I usually never buy any censored games, so the UK import is the way to go.

 

Could someone btw explain to me why it's cheaper for me to import a game that was just released from the UK (where the population is around 20m lower than in Germany) all the way to Germany to be delivered to my doorstep than buying it at the games store 3 bus stops away from my home?

 

Anyway, I wanted the uncut Ellie Edition, UK is not an option here and the American Amazon doesn't deliver to Europe, for whatever reason. Also in the US there's no Ellie or Joel Edition, just a Survival Edition which is a bit different.

So for the first time I was "forced" to buy an overpriced, censored game... Smiley Mad

Message 89 of 857 (546 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: The Last of Us Censorship Compared (GIFS)! [NSFW]

Jul 2, 2013

m4rkm4n_1988 wrote:


Could someone btw explain to me why it's cheaper for me to import a game that was just released from the UK (where the population is around 20m lower than in Germany) all the way to Germany to be delivered to my doorstep than buying it at the games store 3 bus stops away from my home?


Because:

 

1) GBP has been devalued a lot since 2008.

 

2) Less dubs.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 90 of 857 (592 Views)
0 Likes