Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Re: People don't play Singletree?!?

Jun 28, 2013

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

In reply to COD comments: Call of duty 4: Modern Warfare is in my opinion a great game, and it's sequel MW2. Those are the only two games in the COD franchise that are good games, anything Treyarch makes just sucks, and MW3 was a rehash.

So glad to find out I'm not alone in thinking those same thoughts! I'm a 90% single player gamer. I bought COD4 cheap when MW2 came out, as I'd heard MW2 was good and wanted to play the first game first. I never cared for "gung-ho modern military" games and had not liked what I'd played of the previous WWII COD games (COD2 was "not bad", COD3 was awful, IMO), but *really* liked COD4 for its movie-like story, big set pieces, fast pace and memorable characters (for a military FPS). I went straight to MW2 and while looking back, I think COD4 did some things better, at the time MW2 felt like everything dialed up to 11. It felt epic and - most importantly - was fun. Soon after, I "discovered" the whole "two teams" thing with the COD games, which seemed to explain to me that I disliked one's work and loved the other. MW3 came out and it was pretty lackluster, IMO; an attempt to recapture MW2 but something just felt missing (killing the "wrong" main character 2/3rds of the way through was a huge kick in the teeth for me, too). I foolishly tried Black Ops and HATED it. I'd actually really liked MW2's multiplayer, but BO was an *appalling* linear QTE-fest and I thereafter swore never to buy another Treyarch or COD game again.

TLSmiley Very HappyR - I'm a single-player gamer first and foremost, and MW2 is one of maybe five games I've played more than a handful of multiplayer matches of and had fun with. YMMV

Message 21 of 29 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
848 posts

Re: People don't play Singletree?!?

Jun 28, 2013

People are starting to get much better at the MP in this game.  I play a few matches here and there, and I think it's really fun.  But it's inevitable that there will be a core segment of players who will rule before long.  Like most MP today, you can't play anything casually and expect to have fun.  The regulars are just too skilled.  Either that, or the practice they get makes them sharp.  I think that's why I enjoy co-op over versus.

Message 22 of 29 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Re: People don't play Singleplayer?!?

Jun 28, 2013

I go back and forth, I play MP when i feel like it and then go back to SP when i feel like playing that. I already beat the game on Normal and im currently trying to get all collectables as i play Survivor and when i beat that i already plan on doing Survivor +. The higher difficulty just makes the game so much fun, its the first game in my whole lifetime that has made me play SP over and over and over again non-stop

Message 23 of 29 (100 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1196 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 28, 2013

I play all the single player campaigns i dont **bleep** know where those **bleep** got that **bleep** information from, they are **bleep** retarded i have 50 PS3 games i played through the single player CAMPAIGN OF EVERY **bleep** ONE. MOST OF MY GAMES ARE EXCLUSIVES TOO THEY BETTER NOT **bleep** TAKE AWAY SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN.  VIDEO GAME DEVELOPERS except Naughty Dog, Quantic Dream, Insomniac Games, Guerrilla Games, Ready At Dawn Studios, Sucker Punch, Santa Monica Studios, Ubisoft.  i DO NOT WANT MULTIPLAER ONLY GAMES  THE DEVELOPERS I LISTED ARE BADASS AND DONT MAKE MULTIPLAYER ONLY GAMES . AND I KNOW ILL GET HATE BUT **bleep** CALL OF DUTY TO HELL . SOCOM CONFRONTATION, WARHWAWK, MAG **bleep**IGN SUCKED AND BARELY SOLD BECAUSE THEY WERE NO SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGNS. THOSE PEOPLE MAKING ONLINE ONLY GAMES NEED TO GET THERE **bleep** HEADS OUT OF THERE **bleep**  I HAVE BEATEN THE SINGLE PLAYER PORTION OF EVERY **bleep** GAME I OWN I DONT **bleep** MOBILE GAMES AND **bleep** THATS **bleep** RETARDED MONEY HUNGRY **bleep**.  THEY HAVE THEIR HEADS UP THEIR **bleep** SAYING ONLY 5 PERCENT OF **bleep** PEOPLE FINISH THE SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN THEY CAN GO **bleep** THEMSELVES 

Message 24 of 29 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3511 posts

Jun 28, 2013

johnnyjh wrote:

I play all the single player campaigns i dont **bleep** know where those **bleep** got that **bleep** information from, they are **bleep** retarded i have 50 PS3 games i played through the single player CAMPAIGN OF EVERY **bleep** ONE. MOST OF MY GAMES ARE EXCLUSIVES TOO THEY BETTER NOT **bleep** TAKE AWAY SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN.  VIDEO GAME DEVELOPERS except Naughty Dog, Quantic Dream, Insomniac Games, Guerrilla Games, Ready At Dawn Studios, Sucker Punch, Santa Monica Studios, Ubisoft.  i DO NOT WANT MULTIPLAER ONLY GAMES  THE DEVELOPERS I LISTED ARE BADASS AND DONT MAKE MULTIPLAYER ONLY GAMES . AND I KNOW ILL GET HATE BUT **bleep** CALL OF DUTY TO HELL . SOCOM CONFRONTATION, WARHWAWK, MAG **bleep**IGN SUCKED AND BARELY SOLD BECAUSE THEY WERE NO SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGNS. THOSE PEOPLE MAKING ONLINE ONLY GAMES NEED TO GET THERE **bleep** HEADS OUT OF THERE **bleep** 

who are you quoting here exactly? xD

but yeah I do agree, except with the profanity...

Message 25 of 29 (90 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1196 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 28, 2013

i'm not quoting anyone where i just got mad off at developers saying nobody finishes single player campaigns. i hate multiplayer to be honest and plus when i flip out its bad 

Message 26 of 29 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 28, 2013
People buy video games for different reasons. If they want to jump straight into MP so be it. If people just want SP then so be it.

I personally like both and it seems kinda silly to me that people can pay $60 and only play half the experience
Message 27 of 29 (87 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1196 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 28, 2013

i cant believe people are gonna buy $60 multiplayer only games and be happy. i love single player ONLY 

Message 28 of 29 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Jun 30, 2013

They're pathetic excuses of a "gamer" if they skipped the single player, the reason this game is SO SPECIAL. I swear, humanity sometimes...

When all have fallen, rise above the ashes.
Message 29 of 29 (51 Views)
0 Likes