Jun 27 2013
By: Renegade_angel95 I Only Post Everything 996 posts

People don't play Singleplayer?!?

28 replies 1806 views Edited Jun 27, 2013

So I had powered down on Multiplayer last week, and gotten all the trophies for it, before returning to the single player to platinum the game. Well about 2 days ago I plat'd it. Took a 2 day break from the game and came back to enjoy the fun mutliplayer. Every so often when I see a high level, I check his/her profile just to check and see if they have the platinum, out of curiosity. Not only did anyone I check today all from levels 18-51 not have the platinum, but only one had beat the game on normal, and this was about 7 players I had checked. Not only had only 1 of those 7 players beat the game, the others didn't have ANY single player trophies. There are 2 easy to obtain ones, that I got on my first 3 hours. So they should have at least 1 now if they've even played a decent amount of single player.

Does anyone find it strange or is there anyone here who has done the same? I was really surprised.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 29 (1,806 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1634 posts

Re: People don't play Singleplayer?!?

Jun 27, 2013
Wow. I'm on my second hard play through now. I tried mp for the first time last night. Got my **bleep** kicked and went right back to the campaign. I'll try out more mp after a few more play throughs and getting all the trophies.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 29 (1,600 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
794 posts

Jun 27, 2013

Surprising because the multiplayer doesn't overshadow the singleplayer, it's actually the other way around. This isn't like COD or Battlefield where jumping right to multiplayer is understandable...

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 29 (1,465 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
421 posts

Jun 27, 2013

Been checking myself as well, and I've noticed the same.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 29 (1,237 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

Jun 27, 2013

There missing out a great game. It's the SP that makes the game. MP is just tacked on. (imo).

TLOU Ellie Signature photo Snowysignature2_zps1e7a159e.png
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 29 (1,106 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Jun 27, 2013

When I bought TLOU at Friday 12AM, I went straight to the MP and didn't touch the Campaign until a week later.  YUP, a whole week passed before I even touched the Campaign.

The MP had the most mystery surrounding it.  Not much information was shared before it was launched (which is still a head scratcher considering how well balanced and fun it is).  When I went to the campaign, I could only play it in bits because the first hour was so SLOW.  

Players on the MP often commented how I had double sometimes triple the number of weeks completed.  That's because while they were putting in 17-20 hours in the campaign, I was putting them in the MP. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 29 (1,105 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

Jun 27, 2013

Nes_Daze wrote:

Surprising because the multiplayer doesn't overshadow the singleplayer, it's actually the other way around. This isn't like COD or Battlefield where jumping right to multiplayer is understandable...

indeed.

TLOU Ellie Signature photo Snowysignature2_zps1e7a159e.png
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 29 (1,093 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2836 posts

Jun 27, 2013

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

So I had powered down on Multiplayer last week, and gotten all the trophies for it, before returning to the single player to platinum the game. Well about 2 days ago I plat'd it. Took a 2 day break from the game and came back to enjoy the fun mutliplayer. Every so often when I see a high level, I check his/her profile just to check and see if they have the platinum, out of curiosity. Not only did anyone I check today all from levels 18-51 not have the platinum, but only one had beat the game on normal, and this was about 7 players I had checked. Not only had only 1 of those 7 players beat the game, the others didn't have ANY single player trophies. There are 2 easy to obtain ones, that I got on my first 3 hours. So they should have at least 1 now if they've even played a decent amount of single player.

Does anyone find it strange or is there anyone here who has done the same? I was really surprised.

less people seem to enjoy single players, it's a shame, because if a game has no good single player, I won't buy it, I always buy games for the single player, the multiplayer is just a bonus...

I completed the game on hard, I really liked it, but I never go immediately play it again right after I beat it the first time, I give it some time, try to forget about it, and then play it on survivor, I like it if the game still feels fresh to me, and I forgot about what happens at certain moments, so it's more fun :smileyhappy:

anyway, I guess there are also a lot of people who are only doing it for the leaderboads, it's really pathetic, I guess if there were no leaderboards (as it should be...), you would not see that much guys who haven't played the single player :/

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 29 (979 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31520 posts

Jun 28, 2013

people who buy games like this only for multiplayer annoy me.

COD has ruined everything.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 29 (847 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jun 28, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

people who buy games like this only for multiplayer annoy me.

COD has ruined everything.

while not bringing anything (new) might I add :smileytongue:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 29 (802 Views)
0 Likes