Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Online
3465 posts
 

Re: People don't play Singleplayer?!?

Jun 28, 2013

jarekmasta wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

people who buy games like this only for multiplayer annoy me.

COD has ruined everything.


while not bringing anything (new) might I add Smiley Tongue


speaking of cod, the people who left infinity ward and started respawn entertainment and are now creating another ugly boring first person shooter called titanfall had an interesting statement on single player: they are not making a single player in their game, because they have to work 6 months on something gamers finish in 8 minutes, also only a very small percentage is going to play it anyway...

 

well, here's my opinion on that vince zampella (the guy who said it): if you were actually a good studio that can make a good single player, maybe you then get more people to play it...

Message 11 of 29 (498 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/23/2013
Offline
226 posts
 

Re: People don't play Singleplayer?!?

Jun 28, 2013

 Some people enjoy MP because they have work and don't have a lot of time to pour into the SP so they spend their time playing some MP. Some people(like me) beat the SP and then went to MP. I personally, beat the game 2 times and now I'm just playing MP. Some people don't care about trophies so they played it one time, enjoyed it, and went to MP. 

 

 

Not everyone can pour so much time into a decently long story. So to people who think for some reason, COD started this MP before SP(what the hell?) why does it matter? If they decide to play MP before SP on a juicy good SP game, who cares? It's their decision....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 12 of 29 (407 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/23/2010
Offline
4501 posts
 

Re: People don't play Singleplayer?!?

[ Edited ]
Jun 28, 2013

 

Not everyone buys games to earn trophies. For this game, you kind of need to explore and take items for the easy single player trophy. And glancing at a online guide can help beyond...

 

I've really enjoyed the single player campaign. I laugh at the jokes within the game everytime and always get spooked during those moments...

 

Probably going to start MP over the weekend since I just need to do one more play through and get Hard/Survivor Plus out of the way.

YB

Message 13 of 29 (352 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/13/2009
Offline
1011 posts
 

Re: People don't play Singletree?!?

[ Edited ]
Jun 28, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

jarekmasta wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

people who buy games like this only for multiplayer annoy me.

COD has ruined everything.


while not bringing anything (new) might I add Smiley Tongue


speaking of cod, the people who left infinity ward and started respawn entertainment and are now creating another ugly boring first person shooter called titanfall had an interesting statement on single player: they are not making a single player in their game, because they have to work 6 months on something gamers finish in 8 minutes, also only a very small percentage is going to play it anyway...

 

well, here's my opinion on that vince zampella (the guy who said it): if you were actually a good studio that can make a good single player, maybe you then get more people to play it...


In reply to COD comments: Call of duty 4: Modern Warfare is in my opinion a great game, and it's sequel MW2. Those are the only two games in the COD franchise that are good games, anything Treyarch makes just sucks, and MW3 was a rehash. But the first Modern Warfare was VERY important to console FPS. The only other FPS game that could be more important was Halo 2, which gave us the very need aim assist in Video games. Perfect Aim assist at that. Modern Warfare created competitive gaming on consoles. The only other competitive games aside from Halo 2 was Quake and it was PC, even still, both of them had a VERY small targeted audience and had nowhere near the numbers of multiplayer games today. At that point competitive gaming was a very small targeted audience, that is until Call of Duty 4 came out and competitive gaming was possible on PS3, 360 and PC, all with one familiar title. The 360 didn't even have a competitive game other than Halo 2 which was last gen. Sadly, all good things must come to an end, the franchise is whored out now, as soon to be with Halo. But if you could recall those old COD 4 days, when it was the greatest and most revolutionary thing ever made, it was great. Sad to see with all the trash Treyarch releases under the COD name, and MW3 being garbage, nobody ever remember COD 4 and how great it was. Been wanting to pick it up on Steam since it's only 20$. Btw, the guys leading development in Titanfall left Infinity Ward after Mw2, which is mostly why MW3 sucked. I have high hopes for it, but I'll probably have to skip out on it.

 


bookepride wrote:

 

Not everyone buys games to earn trophies. For this game, you kind of need to explore and take items for the easy single player trophy. And glancing at a online guide can help beyond...

 

I've really enjoyed the single player campaign. I laugh at the jokes within the game everytime and always get spooked during those moments...

 

Probably going to start MP over the weekend since I just need to do one more play through and get Hard/Survivor Plus out of the way.


Upgrading Joel with supplements in one skill all the way is pretty easy. And I went for Shiv master and Maximum health and I still got it within 3 hours. And if you're blindly going through the campaign just bum rushing, you'd have beaten pretty quick. One or two trophies are easy, and someone who has played enough to be rank 51 should at least have 4-8 hours in single player.
Message 14 of 29 (255 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/29/2008
Offline
7103 posts
 

Re: People don't play Singletree?!?

Jun 28, 2013

Maybe they just haven't synced their trophies?

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 15 of 29 (245 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 06/06/2013
Offline
65 posts
 

Re: People don't play Singleplayer?!?

Jun 28, 2013

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

So I had powered down on Multiplayer last week, and gotten all the trophies for it, before returning to the single player to platinum the game. Well about 2 days ago I plat'd it. Took a 2 day break from the game and came back to enjoy the fun mutliplayer. Every so often when I see a high level, I check his/her profile just to check and see if they have the platinum, out of curiosity. Not only did anyone I check today all from levels 18-51 not have the platinum, but only one had beat the game on normal, and this was about 7 players I had checked. Not only had only 1 of those 7 players beat the game, the others didn't have ANY single player trophies. There are 2 easy to obtain ones, that I got on my first 3 hours. So they should have at least 1 now if they've even played a decent amount of single player.

 

Does anyone find it strange or is there anyone here who has done the same? I was really surprised.



Renegade_angel95 wrote:

So I had powered down on Multiplayer last week, and gotten all the trophies for it, before returning to the single player to platinum the game. Well about 2 days ago I plat'd it. Took a 2 day break from the game and came back to enjoy the fun mutliplayer. Every so often when I see a high level, I check his/her profile just to check and see if they have the platinum, out of curiosity. Not only did anyone I check today all from levels 18-51 not have the platinum, but only one had beat the game on normal, and this was about 7 players I had checked. Not only had only 1 of those 7 players beat the game, the others didn't have ANY single player trophies. There are 2 easy to obtain ones, that I got on my first 3 hours. So they should have at least 1 now if they've even played a decent amount of single player.

 

Does anyone find it strange or is there anyone here who has done the same? I was really surprised.


not everyone goes for a platinum. some players play the SP once to beat it just to say they beat it. and some trophies are glitched right now. so not everyone has many trophies for the game



2.0+ K/D and 2.0 - 5.0+ W/L on any COD , BF3, Resistance 3, and The last of us
Message 16 of 29 (245 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/20/2013
Offline
88 posts
 

Re: People don't play Singleplayer?!?

[ Edited ]
Jun 28, 2013

I have a friend who only plays multiplayer, hasn't even tried the singleplayer... so silly lol... but I guess it's better than the guys who play RDR and skip the cutscenes.

 

I'm pretty much the opposite, i've only played about 20 rounds of multiplayer. I did it just to try it and when I don't have time for anything other than a quick game, but apart from that I much prefer singleplayer or watching MP streams (much more fun to watch them co ordinate as a team, I don't have a team to play with).

Message 17 of 29 (241 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/13/2009
Offline
1011 posts
 

Re: People don't play Singleplayer?!?

Jun 28, 2013

fadi002 wrote:

Maybe they just haven't synced their trophies?


  
Everytime I sign in my trophies auto sync, without PS+. Also they all have multiplayer trophies. Saw about 20 more or so, tonight. Only saw 2 with game completion trophies.

SuicideDrug wrote:


Renegade_angel95 wrote:

So I had powered down on Multiplayer last week, and gotten all the trophies for it, before returning to the single player to platinum the game. Well about 2 days ago I plat'd it. Took a 2 day break from the game and came back to enjoy the fun mutliplayer. Every so often when I see a high level, I check his/her profile just to check and see if they have the platinum, out of curiosity. Not only did anyone I check today all from levels 18-51 not have the platinum, but only one had beat the game on normal, and this was about 7 players I had checked. Not only had only 1 of those 7 players beat the game, the others didn't have ANY single player trophies. There are 2 easy to obtain ones, that I got on my first 3 hours. So they should have at least 1 now if they've even played a decent amount of single player.

 

Does anyone find it strange or is there anyone here who has done the same? I was really surprised.


not everyone goes for a platinum. some players play the SP once to beat it just to say they beat it. and some trophies are glitched right now. so not everyone has many trophies for the game


Beating the SP grants you trophies. I never said I'm surprised nobody has the platinum, it's pretty rare atm. I check on PSN profiles and I was like the 65th to get it on their records. I'm referring to SP trophies in general. None, nada. Not the easy supliments one. Nothing, but they all have MP trophies. I forgot to state that in my OP, but everyone of these high levels had MP trophies and no SP trophies, meaning either they haven't beaten it, or maybe even haven't gotten that far in it. I mean really, who upgrades crafting speed and healing speed, or listen mode? You'd have to try to avoid upgrading a skill all the way in one playthrough. I'm not looking into this super hard, but judging by trophies, there are a LOT of people not playing the single player. That is insane because we didn't know about Multiplayer till late in development.

 

Message 18 of 29 (239 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 01/08/2010
Online
16937 posts
 

Re: People don't play Singleplayer?!?

Jun 28, 2013
My family gathers to watch me play single player, or add we call it "story mode."

I play an hour or two a session, like a serial in TV, or chapters in a book.

I play MP at other times. Not in any hurry, and the MP maps have me looking forward to locations I haven't seen, yet.
[ 39 ]
Message 19 of 29 (202 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/13/2009
Offline
1011 posts
 

Re: People don't play Singleplayer?!?

Jun 28, 2013

scootgar wrote:
My family gathers to watch me play single player, or add we call it "story mode."

I play an hour or two a session, like a serial in TV, or chapters in a book.

I play MP at other times. Not in any hurry, and the MP maps have me looking forward to locations I haven't seen, yet.

The Last of Us is better than almost anything you can watch on TV, if not everything.

Message 20 of 29 (179 Views)
Reply
0 Likes